What's new

General/Other Congratulations to Relaxed State for Almost Taking a Life Bar in an 8:2 Match Up

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
This really feels like the most glossed over part of NEC. Rico came closer than anyone except Jupiter (I think) to beating Sonicfox and he doesn't play the game.
And Chris G did well in MK9 and beat some good supes players with his GA :\

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Not that I don't agree with you, youre a better tournament player than me, BUT, casuals don't matter even when theyre "sets", you used aquaman to beat 16 bit because you got fucked when you used batman (as did I) I have beaten chris G (it just took me a million tries, lol) If you have beaten foxy grandpa, I assume it was online, I TOO have beaten foxy grandpa, but im not an asshole who reports online casuals.

what major did you beat jupiter with batman? (casuals dont matter)

OH! Also I didnt lose to slayer in the batman mirror or to his superman (who batman bodies)

However I'm super free to sinestro but I've never ever been to a tournament that m2dave attended, but thats mostly because both of us don't really travel.

<3

Just kidding, casuals matter
All those names I listed were tournaments except Foxy :p I beat 16bit at KiT all Batman and beat Jupiter at last NEC all Batman lol

M2Dave

Zoning Master
No in fact what makes the community look bad was actually Rico suave and in not the way you think

Rico showed his fundamentals and spacing were far beyond most without even playing the damn game in a year almost beating fox.
I agree.

Rico beat Fox. Well, he outplayed Fox, but Batgirl is too broken to be outplayed and beat by a mid tier character.

Yet Fox still receives lots of credit for winning.

If you win with Zod and iaZBs, you are a bad player and a terrible person.

SonicFox5000

The Best.
I agree.

Rico beat Fox. Well, he outplayed Fox, but Batgirl is too broken to be outplayed and beat by a mid tier character.

I was playing footsies with Rico in the last match. The difference between BG's footsies and BA's footsies is that you don't die if you get poked by Adam. With BG, you do. Its just Matchups is all. BG just so happens to be good. And before any discredit, I have mirrored him at CEO ( I THINK..?) with aqua man in our rooms and we ran 2 sets back to back and I beat him 5-2 5-1 lol. He has better footsies, but thats not all you need in order to take the win in the game of Injustice!

yes injustice is a scrubby fundamental game, but its still fun <3

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
Not saying you aren't the best/most accomplished batman, but to be fair, Nubcakes has done those three bolded things in tournament.
Lol thanks for the support chef. I know everyone always forgets about me in BM dick-measuring discussions (or should I say, King monologues :p). I blame the WC for not having nearly enough majors (meaning I lose out on opportunities to pad my dick/resume) and my desire to complete my graduate studies/career focus. That, and I'm still working on my tourney nerves/mental dexterity.

Nevertheless...King, you are the BM of the world and I always enjoy watching you do yo thang :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I agree.

Fox isn't placing top 8 at every game he enters (I believe he placed top 8 in 6 games this weekend) because of BG

He's the only BG placing

RM Nubcakes

On the grind again
Well enlighten us, though I've been told the same story by a couple people.

Also enlighten us what you use that community funded (Gga Han and co) brand new computer for seeing how it was intended to be used to stream and really hasn't ever been used
Not to continue beating a dead horse, but too much talk of this subject has been given life and I'm just tired of hearing about it and seeing how it effects multiple friends of mine in the community. I hope this can be the last post regarding this topic.

Injustice WNF (as a competitive scene and as the group of people that made-up the scene) collapsed due to a few reasons- the first being that the large majority of people in the group simply did not love or care for the game enough. I know this is a bold statement and I don't mean to demean anyone's effort and time, but this is the clearest way to explain the series of events that I saw and experienced first-hand. Perhaps people weren't seeing the game for its true intrinsic worth- either that, or people didn't like what they unveiled if they did catch a glimpse of Injustice at its core (a one-of-a-kind FG). Again, this isn't describing everyone from the SoCal Inj scene (Krazyie and Red stopped coming due to their school and work commitments, for example), but a good amount of people for sure. This dynamic was definitely exacerbated by the fact that Theo bodied everyone for months on end. Theo's natural and deep understanding of Injustice's mechanics and meta, coupled with the use of a character whose tools forces opponents to be unreasonably aggressive with their lackluster toolset (comparatively-speaking), made people feel like they were wasting their time.

Another major factor was a lack of communication, or miscommunication altogether. I mean, I've heard more talk about the SoCal Inj scene from a few non-SoCal TYMers/NRS community members than from all the SoCal guys put together. No one else is to be blamed for this other than the SoCalers who'd rather speak their mind to unrelated parties behind the comfort of a computer screen instead of workings things out, in-person, with those directly involved. This leads me to believe (aka IMO) that the people talking are making something out of nothing (it must be nothing if the conflict doesn't merit an investment of time and effort to reach a solution, right?), or just talking for talking's sake.

Ultimately, this bad-blood/ he-said/she-said fiasco really only affects those of us in SoCal who still try to meet up to play Inj, which is basically me and slayer and this point (chef and tyrant as well at times). No one else is down to play and everyone thinks that all of the SoCal NRS scene is at odds with each other which is quite far from the truth.

I always thought SoCal Inj would thrive because a good number of us have been chillin and supporting each other since MK9 (some for longer, some more recent). I thought that going 30mins+ out of my way to rally up any additional players (before and after Inj numbers dwindled) would instigate others to try and help in any way possible. I thought consistently investing time to see, hang out, and competitively play with people that I considered to be my friends would help provide a foundation for a big, thriving NRS scene in SoCal. I get it now though. I think too damn much.

Come MKX, I hope things change- people who weren't feeling Inj come back and the few grudges can be dropped. Most importantly, I hope that we learn to speak for ourselves and not have rumors/speculation act as our PR representative.

tl;dr: read all the shit I just posted above so we can stop talking about this.

BTW- we have been trying to plan non-super arcade hangs so we can use chef's stream. It's been hard since people don't play or are busy with real world obligations. The discontinuation of side streams and an Inj bracket altogether at WNF just happened to be a really shitty case of bad-timing. I have faith that policies can and will change come MKX.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Not to continue beating a dead horse, but too much talk of this subject has been given life and I'm just tired of hearing about it and seeing how it effects multiple friends of mine in the community. I hope this can be the last post regarding this topic.

Injustice WNF (as a competitive scene and as the group of people that made-up the scene) collapsed due to a few reasons- the first being that the large majority of people in the group simply did not love or care for the game enough. I know this is a bold statement and I don't mean to demean anyone's effort and time, but this is the clearest way to explain the series of events that I saw and experienced first-hand. Perhaps people weren't seeing the game for its true intrinsic worth- either that, or people didn't like what they unveiled if they did catch a glimpse of Injustice at its core (a one-of-a-kind FG). Again, this isn't describing everyone from the SoCal Inj scene (Krazyie and Red stopped coming due to their school and work commitments, for example), but a good amount of people for sure. This dynamic was definitely exacerbated by the fact that Theo bodied everyone for months on end. Theo's natural and deep understanding of Injustice's mechanics and meta, coupled with the use of a character whose tools forces opponents to be unreasonably aggressive with their lackluster toolset (comparatively-speaking), made people feel like they were wasting their time.

Another major factor was a lack of communication, or miscommunication altogether. I mean, I've heard more talk about the SoCal Inj scene from a few non-SoCal TYMers/NRS community members than from all the SoCal guys put together. No one else is to be blamed for this other than the SoCalers who'd rather speak their mind to unrelated parties behind the comfort of a computer screen instead of workings things out, in-person, with those directly involved. This leads me to believe (aka IMO) that the people talking are making something out of nothing (it must be nothing if the conflict doesn't merit an investment of time and effort to reach a solution, right?), or just talking for talking's sake.

Ultimately, this bad-blood/ he-said/she-said fiasco really only affects those of us in SoCal who still try to meet up to play Inj, which is basically me and slayer and this point (chef and tyrant as well at times). No one else is down to play and everyone thinks that all of the SoCal NRS scene is at odds with each other which is quite far from the truth.

I always thought SoCal Inj would thrive because a good number of us have been chillin and supporting each other since MK9 (some for longer, some more recent). I thought that going 30mins+ out of my way to rally up any additional players (before and after Inj numbers dwindled) would instigate others to try and help in any way possible. I thought consistently investing time to see, hang out, and competitively play with people that I considered to be my friends would help provide a foundation for a big, thriving NRS scene in SoCal. I get it now though. I think too damn much.

Come MKX, I hope things change- people who weren't feeling Inj come back and the few grudges can be dropped. Most importantly, I hope that we learn to speak for ourselves and not have rumors/speculation act as our PR representative.

tl;dr: read all the shit I just posted above so we can stop talking about this.

BTW- we have been trying to plan non-super arcade hangs so we can use chef's stream. It's been hard since people don't play or are busy with real world obligations. The discontinuation of side streams and an Inj bracket altogether at WNF just happened to be a really shitty case of bad-timing. I have faith that policies can and will change come MKX.
Yea I agree

Seems much of the issue is based on players talking about others behind their back and being honest w them face to face

Good write up