What's new

General/Other Congratulations to Relaxed State for Almost Taking a Life Bar in an 8:2 Match Up

M2Dave

Zoning Master
First of all, congratulations to @Relaxedstate for another amazing top 8 performance at NEC 15.

Unfortunately, Relaxed State had to fight @FOREVER KING 's Martian Manhunter, to whom he lost 3:0, early out of pools. Zod vs. Martian Manhunter is universally known to be an match 8:2 in Martian Manhunter's favor. The good news is that Relaxed State almost managed to take a life bar and must therefore be pitied upon and given mandatory props, according to new TYM rules and standards.

If Relaxed State had only managed to take at least one of King's life bars, not only would he have been declared a legend and God in this community, everybody would have had to kneel, put some chap stick on their pretty lips, pucker up, and kiss one of this man's clean, soft, and shaven buttocks. Relaxed State travels and pays lots of money to suffer through losing 8:2 match ups so that we do not have to.

He was ultimately eliminated by Slayer's Aquaman, another atrocious match for Zod, but he managed to win two games! Relaxed State deserves nothing but props.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
There was a time when Zod players seriously complained that MMH was a 7-3 match-up because he could teleport and dominated footsies with trait like every other character in the game that is significantly worse than Zod didn't have to deal with the same stuff. God forbid players actually having to maybe think in a match-up

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
There was a time when Zod players seriously complained that MMH was a 7-3 match-up because he could teleport and dominated footsies with trait like every other character in the game that is significantly worse than Zod didn't have to deal with the same stuff. God forbid players actually having to maybe think in a match-up
I was gonna say, I mean we have to deal with MMH and theres just some problems armor can't fix, but even we can't decide between a 5-5 and a 6-4.
I think 7-3 or 8-2 are a bit over-dramatic, but I dunno... I mean it could be as bad as Bane vs Grundy

Error404

Noob
Nah bro you can't "zone"him therefore its a 9-1 match and mmh players are rush down scrubs.

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Nah. A lot of Zods options are shut down by MMH everywhere on screen. He gets heavily out footsied and backdash gets blown up, wakeups are cheeks, zod has no real mixups outside of trait so there's that. And he can't zone as much as he'd like to.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Of course not.
We just had the world's best Grundy get taken out in pools by a Bane player who isn't Max or Bipolar.
Its obviously a 5-5 and we just don't know. If we take his first lifebar, it stops our momentum.
It's cute how passive aggressive you get, almost like a woman. I'm not the only Grundy or Bane player who thinks it's 6-4. Get over yourself.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's cute how passive aggressive you get, almost like a woman. I'm not the only Grundy or Bane player who thinks it's 6-4. Get over yourself.
I'm more poking fun, but I mean its cool.
You're right, you're not the only one who thinks that, but I'm not the only one who thinks its absurdly in Bane's favor either. However, you're in the minority on this one.

In comparison, Zod v MMH being an 8-2 would bear striking resemblance to Bane vs Grundy (also a hard 7-3, potentially 8-2 regardless of your opinion).

Complete shut down of every option and aspect that permits normal play, in which a person with less MU knowledge and capability can still overcome a top representative of the opposing character just off of the character's attributes alone. Not to say Doba isn't good, but to say he is the top Bane would be a hard sell. If that's how Zod feels when dealing with MMH, then that's pretty bad.

However, Zod's "normal play" does include more than just zoning, so we do have to keep in mind that it could very well be a bit of over-dramatics on dave's part.
@Pig Of The Hut
Your input?

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I'm more poking fun, but I mean its cool.
You're right, you're not the only one who thinks that, but I'm not the only one who thinks its absurdly in Bane's favor either. However, you're in the minority on this one.

In comparison, Zod v MMH being an 8-2 would bear striking resemblance to Bane vs Grundy (also a hard 7-3, potentially 8-2 regardless of your opinion).

Complete shut down of every option and aspect that permits normal play, in which a person with less MU knowledge and capability can still overcome a top representative of the opposing character just off of the character's attributes alone. Not to say Doba isn't good, but to say he is the top Bane would be a hard sell. If that's how Zod feels when dealing with MMH, then that's pretty bad.

However, Zod's "normal play" does include more than just zoning, so we do have to keep in mind that it could very well be a bit of over-dramatics on dave's part.
@Pig Of The Hut
Your input?
Who did Doba beat? Tyrant? Because I'd be hard-pressed to say this game is his top priority any more, not to mention I'd have to wonder how much Bane experience he has. I'd be more interested in hearing No Brows' or BDK's opinions on the matchup from a Grundy standpoint.

And a 7-3/8-2 does not indicate that a player with less skill/experience can overcome a better, more knowledgable player: tier lists only take the highest level of play into consideration. If the best Bane and best Grundy both know the matchup, I can't see the former terrifying and dominating the latter completely outside of level 3. And if anyone can draw out and capitalize on debuff damage off one touch with some crazy-long combos, it's Grundy. I think Bane has better matchups and Grundy has worse ones. I wish we could get some games in to test it out.

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN
Who did Doba beat? Tyrant? Because I'd be hard-pressed to say this game is his top priority any more, not to mention I'd have to wonder how much Bane experience he has. I'd be more interested in hearing No Brows' or BDK's opinions on the matchup from a Grundy standpoint.

And a 7-3/8-2 does not indicate that a player with less skill/experience can overcome a better, more knowledgable player: tier lists only take the highest level of play into consideration. If the best Bane and best Grundy both know the matchup, I can't see the former terrifying and dominating the latter completely outside of level 3. And if anyone can draw out and capitalize on debuff damage off one touch with some crazy-long combos, it's Grundy. I think Bane has better matchups and Grundy has worse ones. I wish we could get some games in to test it out.
How is Grundy going to get in on Bane when Bane totally outfootsies him and his back dash covers a stupid amount of ground, even while in debuff?

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator

Priority or not tyrant is a monster. And wetdoba came into nec with a vengeance. He was playing outstanding. He only lost to cossner (who only beat the best bane on the market right now right after) and myself, should have beat me but I scrubbed it out. But for tyrant he still meets up with guys like nub and slayer on a weekly basis if I remember correctly. The pool was super stacked and guys can simply lose. His spinal is on that godlike though.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Of course not.
We just had the world's best Grundy get taken out in pools by a Bane player who isn't Max or Bipolar.
Its obviously a 5-5 and we just don't know. If we take his first lifebar, it stops our momentum.
I was there and watched the match during pools. I just think he was out of practice because after he lost a game with Grundy, he switched to Superman and still lost.