What's new

Congratulations to Khaotik

Congrats to both @xKhaoTik and @astronout. I've just watched top 8 and I'm happy to see 2 KFs in there. It pains me that the main reason you guys still lose is because of drops or unoptimized bnbs/vortexes. A lot of unexpected slide hit dropps ( I just had to mention it, it pains me deeply when I see one of those). So many missed opportunities to punish whiffed orbs, pillars and no mb b3/ forward dash punishes on the oh teleport. Still khaotik managed to pull off some sweet moves, like mb iceberg into slide under the red orb, but unfortunately dropped the combo afterwards. I agree MMH's zoning is strong vs KF, but every mistake he makes we can punish. Great job astronout for getting top 3 and I like that you chose KF vs Sonic fox's BG ( we need more offline KF action!) and you did great at first. Great mb f3s on the jump ins. I see you went for the easier combos like slide, u3 , 22 x mb freeze and d2 slide, but we lose so much dmg of those ( d2, u3 u3 11b2 slide 2x mb freeze is around 8-9% more). Also I don't like stand 3 after the vortex midscreen, it's much easier to react to slide or f3 from a far because of the blocked 3's pushback. ( not to mention they can push block it). Also don't use parry vs WU cartwheel all the time, f2 xx slide stuffs it 100% of the time. Why don't you use iceberg vs the bola? You can react to it before it comes out, make him afraid to use it, plus you can charge trait and just 1 bait for the teleport is enough to make him think twice ( also when you have trait and parry cartwheel for 60%+, next time when you have it charged he should be afraid to use cartwheel or at least think twice about it). As happy as I was to see KF top 8, most of my reactions during the matches was " oh shit" " cmon" "damn" "nooooo". I think we can do much better to demonstrate what KF is capable of. I'm aware that you guys train like mad and it's not easy to perform on a major and surrounded by so many ppl + knowing you are being streamed. Just my thoughts and I hope next time you make the most of all opportunities and can finally enjoy the sweet taste of success.

Last edited:

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I've never dropped so many combos with KF before lol. But o well, it is what it is. I'm glad I made top 8 with her again, and I'm glad by boy @astronout joined me in the rankings.

I need an answer to MMH tho. WW doesn't cut it.

I've never dropped so many combos with KF before lol. But o well, it is what it is. I'm glad I made top 8 with her again, and I'm glad by boy @astronout joined me in the rankings.

Oh cmon, don't give up on KF. Just because you think it's 4-6 that makes it unwinnable? Go in training and learn to react to his zoning and teleports. All his animation are different and can be reacted to. The sky projectile can be slided on reaction to either punish if half screen or close the distance. White orbs can be punished with iceberg on reaction into vortex, same with misplaced red orbs. Try to stay in between pillar's hit zones and punish the whiffs with iceberg. Literally only MB pillar is a big problem, so don't dash in when he has meter , just be patient and react, use trait to bait, use daggers occasionally and walk your way in ( KF's forward walk speed is actually pretty good). Never let him teleport in for free. It's really not hard at all to react to teleport with mb b3 or even forward dash into b3 for 44% (50% with mb b3) or TA into vortex for 63%. Once KF is in her options are awesome, parry strings , react to mb b3 with parry, blow his wake-up push with jumps or b2 crossover or backdash into mb iceberg and vortex etc. I hope you remain true to Killer Frost and make us proud the next time you face MMH!

Last edited:

Fromundaman

I write too much.

Yeah man it was a shame; you were playing so much better yesterday.

That said it honestly looked like you could have won against Jupiter if you'd not dropped combos.

Also after I get some sleep (Just finished the 8 hour drive back and am only awake because energy drinks used to survive the drive are keeping me up) I'll give some universal advice I found against MMH. He actually has visual and audio cues that allow you to react to what he's doing, but they do require good reactions.