What's new

Congratulations to Khaotik

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
I didn't get to watch your pool, but the fact that you took her to top 8 is inspiring man. I hope to do the same at UFGT

iloveTSA

Noob
Entry level troll exposed?
- Zero fucks given.

Great player making top 8 with an underexposed, more than viable, character?
- A lot of fucks given.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
How does Khaotik making Top 8 at a tournament that didn't even have 6 pools mean the character is viable and a year of her being bad is now undone?

The proven Killer Frost of America has made top 8 at Civil War!

Hold dat myles
Hold what? I never said she wouldn't make top 8, I made a thread asking whether people thought Killer Frost would make Top 8 and to be honest if I knew the tournament wasn't a major I wouldn't of made it to begin with. Are people really so immature as to think that killer frost doing somewhat decent every now and then ultimately means I'm wrong ignoring the months of tournaments and failures of the character that I do not even bother making threads about

Last edited:

Justice

Noob
How does Khaotik making Top 8 at a tournament that didn't even have 6 pools mean the character is viable and a year of her being bad is now undone?

Hold what? I never said she wouldn't make top 8, I made a thread asking whether people thought Killer Frost would make Top 8 and to be honest if I knew the tournament wasn't a major I wouldn't of made it to begin with. Are people really so immature as to think that killer frost doing somewhat decent every now and then ultimately means I'm wrong ignoring the months of tournaments and failures of the character that I do not even bother making threads about
MylesWright. Option select creator of 2014 ROFL

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To be fair, Myles doesn't say KF is bottom 3 anymore, to my recollection he claims she is mid-tier, just not as good as everyone else says.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
To be fair, Myles doesn't say KF is bottom 3 anymore, to my recollection he claims she is mid-tier, just not as good as everyone else says.
From this point onwards any short-comings with Killer Frost will be ignored and any success found with the character will be used as a reason for why I was wrong and why the character is Top 5. TYM

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
From this point onwards any short-comings with Killer Frost will be ignored and any success found with the character will be used as a reason for why I was wrong and why the character is Top 5. TYM
Am I not right though? Last I saw, that was your stance on the matter.

And I don't think anyone says she is top 5 either. Both sides are super misunderstood.

One side thinks she is definitely in the top 10 conversation, which I can agree with. Her moveset is solid and your opponent has to constantly guess in order to have a chance, bringing everything down to a 50/50 risk (with some exception, of course).

The other side says that while she has a solid moveset, she also has obvious shortcomings and lacks the tournament success the other top tiers have, thus she is mid-tier and outside of top 10, which I can also see the reasoning behind and in a way agree with after having claims of her being top 5 with nothing to back it and no representation for the most part.

You guys should stop assuming the other's argument is as you think :p

Her place on the tier list is irrelevant to whether you are wrong or right.

You are not wrong to say she isn't top tier- you're wrong to think you're any kind of authority on how good Killer Frost is. THAT's the problem.

A Killer Frost in the top 8 isn't significant because it proves you wrong about her tier placing- it is significant because it proves you have absolutely no authority to say how good or bad this character is. You aren't playing Killer Frost as good as Khaotik. You aren't making top 8's in these tournaments when clearly there are other players who can.

Killer Frost could metaphorically be the worst character in the game. She could be the equivalent to Stryker equipped with a freaking BB gun- but that wouldn't make your complaints about her any more relevant because you aren't even playing her as well as players like Khaotik, who are actually making top 8's are.

Tier lists and matchup charts ALWAYS assume you are playing the character at the highest possible level. You aren't. And the top 8 placings of other players prove that.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Just because A character makes top 8 at a tournament doesn't mean the character is better than stated. She's at best a mid tier character IMO.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Am I not right though? Last I saw, that was your stance on the matter.

And I don't think anyone says she is top 5 either. Both sides are super misunderstood.

One side thinks she is definitely in the top 10 conversation, which I can agree with. Her moveset is solid and your opponent has to constantly guess in order to have a chance, bringing everything down to a 50/50 risk (with some exception, of course).

The other side says that while she has a solid moveset, she also has obvious shortcomings and lacks the tournament success the other top tiers have, thus she is mid-tier and outside of top 10, which I can also see the reasoning behind and in a way agree with after having claims of her being top 5 with nothing to back it and no representation for the most part.

You guys should stop assuming the other's argument is as you think :p
lol, trying to reason with a full-out troll. Myles cries about people now saying Frost is somehow relevant again because she made a top 8...when he uses the same backwards logic when KF just misses a top 8 or like at Texas Showdown when Shazam wins a tournament ("Shazam is better than KF" as soon as the final hit happens). A character and tournament results are not necessarily related. The point is that there are a ton of good characters in this game that can ruin your day, and Frost is one of those characters.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol, trying to reason with a full-out troll. Myles cries about people now saying Frost is somehow relevant again because she made a top 8...when he uses the same backwards logic when KF just misses a top 8 or like at Texas Showdown when Shazam wins a tournament ("Shazam is better than KF" as soon as the final hit happens). A character and tournament results are not necessarily related. The point is that there are a ton of good characters in this game that can ruin your day, and Frost is one of those characters.
I know its futile, but I have to at least try so people looking from the outside don't get the wrong info. Also I'm bored.