What's new

Breakthrough Congratulations FRQ Steeeeve!

Is FRQ Steeve the NW of America?

• Yes

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Congratulations to FRQ Steeeve for making Top 8 at SCR with NW!

Supplementing NW's matchup chart with MMH Steeve began his SCR tear by defeating AK's own Trepound. In an otherwise 8-2 MU, Steeve's 2 month Martian made rather quick work of the Atlanta native.

Going forward facing EMPR's Kitana Prime in the Harley vs NW matchup - Steeve fell short just slightly where Kitana Prime's immaculate patience paid off.

Shortly following his sentencing to losers bracket; FRQ Steeve eliminated NorCal's BLT Chafe Gold Bond's MMH. In a matchup that most would call unfavorable, Steeve took advantage of every bit of matchup knowledge to make Nightwing look top tier.

After having sent AK Trepound to losers, we saw an impressive run, defeating KI top 8 placer LF Draman Kuritani and the accomplished and often crowd favorite AK Reno Racks. FRQ Steeve ran it back and double eliminated the outspoken AK Trepound, proving SoCal knows the Hawkgirl MU.

Getting his runback with Kitana Prime, FRQ Steeve triumped and found his way out of pools where he faced off against NRS community veteran C88 MIT. Playing the Nightwing vs. Aquaman MU; FRQ Steeve managed to display his mastery of the match up and advance in the brackets.
http://www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/507401319?t=508m13s

Finally, the match that would see Nightwing in Top 8 once more. FRQ Steeve faced off against the miracle maker, Hitbox Tyrant. In a matchup comprised entirely of reads - FRQ Steeve proved his understanding of the matchup to an extent that eliminated tournament veteran Hitbox Tyrant.
www.twitch.tv/epicgp/b/507401319?t=573m43s

While we disagree completely on the Batman/NW MU number - FRQ Steeve fought valiantly against Nubcake's Batman - even making an incredible first round comeback. In the end however, Batman is still Batman and Nubcake's made himself unpredictable enough to eliminate this Nightwing main.

Having provided the Nightwing community with most of it's popular tech, strategy and optimal combos, FRQ Steeve committed himself to excellence, being the first Nightwing player to place Top 8 at a major that wasn't one week post launch. Congratulations again brah. You da bes. @Sajam

Last edited:

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Sajam deserves the title NW of America. And I also hope he continues to play Injustice competitively. Especially now that he's proven that the dream is more alive than ever.

Steve pls<3
I'm still on the fence kinda.

I dunno, it's just not fun at a high level cause I can't play NW :(

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Am I a bad person/friend for telling @Sajam to use Martian pretty much the entire weekend? :eek:

Or am I a good friend/bad for person for doing that?!

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
I'm still on the fence kinda.

I dunno, it's just not fun at a high level cause I can't play NW :(

With a little imagination and if you squint just right, it kinda looks like Nightwing, right? There you go.

steveplsdontleaveme

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
If there was a final patch with some big fixes he would be perfect. That's not gonna happen though :(
To theorize this....
IF Ed Boon hit you up after being pleased by the way you played NW and wanted to help you out, what are two buffs you think that would help NW be viable against some of the creame of the crop in Injustice?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
To theorize this....
IF Ed Boon hit you up after being pleased by the way you played NW and wanted to help you out, what are two buffs you think that would help NW be viable against some of the creame of the crop in Injustice?
Flipkick needs to consistently cross up every character in the game, and normal flipkick needs to not whiff on crouching characters.

That's the change he needs for sure, and everything else I'm just speculating on. MB flipkick should be more plus on block, so he doesn't get poked out after every time it's blocked, stand 1 in staff needs to universally hit crouching characters (that's probably the biggest IMO), neutral jump 1 in staff needs to consistently hit crouching characters, escrima fury maybe safer on block since every other wakeup that leads into a combo is like minus 8, escrima fury not whiffing on hit randomly, better walk speed (probably 3rd most important.)

Those are the changes I'd like off the top of my head. I don't need huge changes, I need bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Things like mids hitting mid and overheads not whiffing on crouching characters would be great. The flipkick changes are 100% most imporant IMO. Having the threat of flipkick changes a lot of matchups.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that stand 2 into flipkick should consistently combo on all characters, not randomly not work on hit for about 10 characters.

Yoaks

A spaceman
Flipkick needs to consistently cross up every character in the game, and normal flipkick needs to not whiff on crouching characters.

That's the change he needs for sure, and everything else I'm just speculating on. MB flipkick should be more plus on block, so he doesn't get poked out after every time it's blocked, stand 1 in staff needs to universally hit crouching characters (that's probably the biggest IMO), neutral jump 1 in staff needs to consistently hit crouching characters, escrima fury maybe safer on block since every other wakeup that leads into a combo is like minus 8, escrima fury not whiffing on hit randomly, better walk speed (probably 3rd most important.)

Those are the changes I'd like off the top of my head. I don't need huge changes, I need bug fixes and quality of life improvements. Things like mids hitting mid and overheads not whiffing on crouching characters would be great. The flipkick changes are 100% most imporant IMO. Having the threat of flipkick changes a lot of matchups.

Edit: Oh, I forgot that stand 2 into flipkick should consistently combo on all characters, not randomly not work on hit for about 10 characters.
What about Ground Blast or Ground Spark being Super-Effective to Aquaman?:DOGE

Last edited:

Dirtylova

YOLO FLYING GRAYSON BICH

• stand 1 in staff needs to universally hit crouching characters (that's probably the biggest IMO).
Give me these and my D1ck would be pleased..

EDit.. ANDD,, J1 in staff hits consistently on crouching characters