What's new

Congrats To Hidan

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just finished watching the WCG footage and I just thought I would set up a thread for everyone to send their shout outs and congratulations to Hidan for finishing Second at WCG, one of EU's biggests Majors, with none other than Quan Chi.

It was obvious in the end that the lack of Match up experience against Cyrax, coupled with the on form ability of Mustard was just over whelming.

I know Hidan and all the Greeks have plenty of Sektor match experience, and that showed in match against Ketchup, and I have no doubt he played fantastic through out despite the final.

Well played Hidan.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Great stuff guys, props to all European for representing at the tournament. Now I'll go watch the whole footage.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
hidan v ketchup was crazy, when i saw those matches i was like DAMN QC IS SO CRAZ but suddenly mustard. GGs all round

Nephrite

#Fujin4MK12BaseRoster
Congrats Hidan! 2nd place is great + I'm sure Mustard was extra inspired in the grand finals to avenge his brother. ;-)

Gotta say, Mustard's Cyrax is my fave in the world!

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I'll be honest... At first i only got to see the Grand Finals and i was saying to myself how did this quan noob get into Grand Finals and in winners on top of it. But shit i just saw some of his previous matches and damn that Quan is legit.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I'll be honest... At first i only got to see the Grand Finals and i was saying to myself how did this quan noob get into Grand Finals and in winners on top of it. But shit i just saw some of his previous matches and damn that Quan is legit.
All the greeks know the Sektor fight, as Nicholas mains him, and it clearly showed against Ketchup, but the lack of MUE against Cyrax and the fact that he was either using a breaker or eating 55% plus damage just ruined him in the final, and without that meter Quan can't really force the win on Cyrax.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
I just found out about this thread and I can safely say it is the most encouraging thread title I've ever seen. These 2 days I was too hard on myself for losing that bad on Grand Final, but after seeing this I feel refreshed. Thank you all for your kind words, next time Quan Chi will be upgraded.

UsedforGlue you freakin piece of shit now you make me miss you more for not showing up in France

AC1984

Kaballin!
I finished most of the footage and I have to say that Europe is the shit. great matches guys....Crathen, your Kabal is tha sheet man. Amazing Quan Chi by Hidan....tbh I think that this is by far the best Quan Chi I've seen in action. Great job you guys!

Albo

Noob
Huge, huge props to hidan. Undoubtedly the best quan chi player in the world right now and quite a personality you have.

I had the pleasure of meeting you there and discussing quan with you for a bit. from that time talking to you and watching you play in person, there was no doubt in my mind you know and can play this character better than anyone else. The mentatily in which you approach and put so much thought into the character and the game in general is unmatched. You taught me and smokey a few things that we didn't know and gave me a few valuable tips that i'll remember. you have the advantage of training reguarly with the other top greek players so if it's even possible, your qaun will only improve further.

As i heard cimmerian say, you can be a top player with any character you choose but you play quan because you love the character. I have so much respect and admiration for what hidan does with quan and i hope only the best for him in future tourneys. I really do hope you can make it out to more tourneys brother because you will have nothing but success if you do. it was a pleasure watching your quan in person and it motivates me to improve on mine.

Also shoutouts to hidan for taking a sip of from his huge beer bottle before and after every match:p quan chi is always played to his fullest potential when the person using him is drunk.

i also have a few recorded pool matches of your quan from wgc that i'll upload soon:)

myth

Noob
Dear god i almost tard-rage'd watching Mustard teleport out of a trance.

Props to hidan for making it that far.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Congrats to Hidan, was great to meet you over the weekend, your Quan Chi is devastating, so many tricks up your sleeve.

"Perhaps you should convey your feelings to shinnok himself"

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
good stuff man,quan chi vs cyrax aint a walk in the park on paper let alone against a atop cyrax like mustard,well done for getting to the final and repping quan chi!great stuff guys.

Hidan

Congrats to Hidan, was great to meet you over the weekend, your Quan Chi is devastating, so many tricks up your sleeve.

"Perhaps you should convey your feelings to shinnok himself"
Haha, "Yes, we most appreciate you for your efforts"

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Hidan

really REALLY impressed with your performance in this tournament. I know just as much as you do how bad of a MU Cyrax is. I honestly think Mustard-LK4D4 has the best Cyrax I have seen. I actually played him in an online tournment in Grand finals as well lmao. And I also lost to him. I was hoping to rep quan a little better at Final Round but you took the cake! Hopefully we can talk soon and exchange strats and ideas as it seems your the top quan now :) You need to let me know when MK majors happen in the UK because id love to make the trip

Hidan

Hidan

really REALLY impressed with your performance in this tournament. I know just as much as you do how bad of a MU Cyrax is. I honestly think Mustard-LK4D4 has the best Cyrax I have seen. I actually played him in an online tournment in Grand finals as well lmao. And I also lost to him. I was hoping to rep quan a little better at Final Round but you took the cake! Hopefully we can talk soon and exchange strats and ideas as it seems your the top quan now :) You need to let me know when MK majors happen in the UK because id love to make the trip
Well I went to SVB last summer, met some awesome UK guys, then went to WGC, met some more and since then I don't see any reason for not going to SVB again. A second Quan Chi would make things more interesting no doubt. About Cyrax, I don't go by MUs, it was never Quan Chi's fault. I screwed up big time and I didn't do it by myself, Mustard forced me to with his gameplay. I remembered things and techs after the matches, but during them... I mean I changed the stage to my favourite Hell, only hahaha to be drown in it. It was Mortal Kombat, the yellow Lin Kuei was unstoppable. From that point on I was going for a decent defeat by checking stuff. Put it through your head about SVB and let me know, I don't think we'll have something more major till then to bring you all the way to EU.