What's new

General/Other Congrats to GGA 16 Bit for 4th at FF

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
Great Job 16 bit. I never got a chance to see your match, but I will get to it eventually.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
THANK YOU for noticing this. Especially against Raven. This is what Slips and I are always preaching about.

Blowing up wakeups is my priority with CW. That's what I study the most in the lab.
Also bit, this was the first time I really saw you going for (and nailing) her bounce combos. It was fucking awesome!

PPL REALLY CANT SLEEP ON CATWOMEN .. THIS GAME IS BALANCED . I DNT CARE WHAT NO 1 SAYS .. EXCEPT BANE .. HES OUTRAGEOUSLY CHEAP . NO OFFENSE MAX LOL .. GOO MAX !!!! AND GRRRR LOL ..

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Good shit.

So many matches and players to watch, was there any stream footage?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm telling you guys. Stuffing non invincible wakeups is the future of this game. It's a skill that will seperate the men from the boys like counterpoking did in MK9.

What I was doing to Raven can be done to many. Zod for example cannot wakeup. I'm not just talking about the standing 3, you can time it so that f1 or b1 stuffs his wakeups. It can be done to Catwoman herself. Slips does this every week at GBS and no one seems to pay attention.

Krayzie

I'm telling you guys. Stuffing non invincible wakeups is the future of this game. It's a skill that will seperate the men from the boys like counterpoking did in MK9.

What I was doing to Raven can be done to many. Zod for example cannot wakeup. I'm not just talking about the standing 3, you can time it so that f1 or b1 stuffs his wakeups. It can be done to Catwoman herself. Slips does this every week at GBS and no one seems to pay attention.
Red Reaper had been doing this to me or months. Its annoying as hell, specially when you have to build a wake-up.

I think the future of this game will be stuffing wake-ups, and corner reversal wake-ups. I don't understand why a lot of people don't use it. Most characters have the ability to do this.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Red Reaper had been doing this to me or months. Its annoying as hell, specially when you have to build a wake-up.

Yes. This is why I almost never use Catwoman's trait for anything but a wakeup.

Probably the single most annoying thing in the world for me right now is hearing about how wakeup Cat Dash or Cat Claws is good and that fully invincible but unsafe wakeups are bad and they "can't wake up" when they really mean waking up is unsafe. No, without trait I cannot wake up. Aquaman cannot wake up. Raven cannot wake up. If you have a fully invincible wakeup attack then STFU.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
16 bit is the man!

But yeah stuffing wake ups is huge.
With Harley I end a combo with 112 dash ji2 112 it stuffs all of ravens wake ups.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yes. This is why I almost never use Catwoman's trait for anything but a wakeup.

Probably the single most annoying thing in the world for me right now is hearing about how wakeup Cat Dash or Cat Claws is good and that fully invincible but unsafe wakeups are bad and they "can't wake up" when they really mean waking up is unsafe. No, without trait I cannot wake up. Aquaman cannot wake up. Raven cannot wake up. If you have a fully invincible wakeup attack then STFU.
Unsafe fully invincible wakeups are much for valuble than non-fully invincible wakeups that are safe. It's only a matter of time before non-invincible wakeups become irrelevant when you are in a hard knockdown. Right now, all you can do is hope that the person hasn't gone into the lab if you plan on waking up with partially invincible wakeup.

There is a few exceptions to this though, like Mace Charge, or GA's hop back wakeups which move them a great deal from their original position even though they are not fully invincible.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Unsafe fully invincible wakeups are much for valuble than non-fully invincible wakeups that are safe. It's only a matter of time before non-invincible wakeups become irrelevant when you are in a hard knockdown. Right now, all you can do is hope that the person hasn't gone into the lab if you plan on waking up with partially invincible wakeup.

There is a few exceptions to this though, like Mace Charge, or GA's hop back wakeups which move them a great deal from their original position even though they are not fully invincible.
I know this was posted last year, but I must chime in and say that this isn't exactly true.

Stuffing wake ups is partially dependent on the aggressive character (the one that knocked the other one down). If the character doesn't have enough active frames in their meaty attacks then stuffing the wake ups becomes higher risk. This is because different wake ups like Cat Dash and Cat Claws or Trident Rush and Trident Scoop have different meaty timings. While some timings kan overlap, as I have seen from testing on Aquaman this timing kan be further changed by delayed wake ups. It almost becomes a 50/50 when the defensive player realizes this. I don't know about other characters but Arrow kan't safely time a normal to stuff wake ups with his given active frames on his moves. There might be characters that greatly excel in this however.

Fully invincible safe Cat Scratches that stuff my meaty attacks are also annoying.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It is also character specific, some characters like Joker have a difficult time stuffing wakeups.

Krayzie

I know this was posted last year, but I must chime in and say that this isn't exactly true.

Stuffing wake ups is partially dependent on the aggressive character (the one that knocked the other one down). If the character doesn't have enough active frames in their meaty attacks then stuffing the wake ups becomes higher risk. This is because different wake ups like Cat Dash and Cat Claws or Trident Rush and Trident Scoop have different meaty timings. While some timings kan overlap, as I have seen from testing on Aquaman this timing kan be further changed by delayed wake ups. It almost becomes a 50/50 when the defensive player realizes this. I don't know about other characters but Arrow kan't safely time a normal to stuff wake ups with his given active frames on his moves. There might be characters that greatly excel in this however.

Fully invincible safe Cat Scratches that stuff my meaty attacks are also annoying.
I had to work for it!