What's new

Confirmed Characters

To even think that Captain Cold wouldn't be playable and that NRS wouldn't have a freeze character is shtoopid.
You are missing the point.

It doesn't matter if the guy thinks Cold is in the game or not.

He is. still. not. confirmed. That's ALL he was saying. Nothing wrong with that. Rather he be careful about using the term "confirmed" than him throw it out there willy nilly like some people like to.

Calling him "shtoopid" just makes you look "shtoopid".

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
I am really expecting tomorrow's battle to have at least one of the following:
1. Superman vs Doomsday- obvious match-up and perfect official reveal for Doomsday if playable
2. Green lantern vs somebody- desperately need footage of GL.
3. Green Arrow vs Deathstroke- classic match-up and the Arrow series seems to be doing well.
4. Aquaman vs somebody- the reveal trailer was hype and this is a great opportunity to snowball that hype into a change of perception on the character
5. Cyborg vs Raven/Nightwing- inklings of the TeenTitans interview suggest we will see something like this.

I would love to see Aquaman vs Green Lantern tomorrow. The Kevin Smith interview would be hype as hell and I really want to see what these characters can do. I have a feeling Superman and Doomsday might be on the last week of first round matches to ensure they end with a huge match.

I am going to continue rambling about a few of the other characters mentioned/rumored/teased:

Sinestro/Black Adam: I feel these two go hand in hand as they can both be implemented by a costume swap and intro/victory changes. I would prefer to see both being fully fleshed out individual characters, but will settle for swaps if that is the only way to play. Both characters have been seen in the story mode and I remember Boon answered a tweet saying it was likely either Sinestro or Atrocitus would be in the game (didn't necessarily mean playable). The recent findings on Noob.com of the concept drawing of Shazam's super bodes well for Black Adam because the other drawing of slamming someone through the earth is the kind of not-giving-a-shit destruction Black Adam would use.
Edit: Someone claimed to find CD jr in the crossword. You gotta like that if you are a Black Adam fan. CD Jr has been lobbying hard for his inclusion.

Hawkgirl: We saw a glimpse of her in two different story trailers (flying by Lex and hovering with GL and Superman) and after the Lex trailer the official Injustice twitter asked something like "did anyone see the new character?" It would be cruel to draw attention to that scene in the trailer if the character was only a story cameo. Also, there has been a lont of anti-Hawkman stuff lately (boon calling him a tool on twitter, image on noob.com) which I think is to draw attention to the opposite or inclusion of Hawkgirl.

Captain Cold: Hinted at in the first trailer by the ice beam almost hitting Flash. Not much word since then. Lex was hinted at indirectly in the first trailer and he was eventually revealed so I am holding out hope that he makes the roster.

Ares: There was a magazine article that mentioned Ares in a story cutscene and then went on to talk about the challenge of making Ares look badass, more recognizable, and generally more appealing. The article just gave me this feeling that he was playable, which would give credence to the thought that we would see at least 1 villain for the major justice league players.

Raven: We caught a glimpse of Raven in a storymode picture. Game needs females and Raven seems to be rather popular on the boards and comment sections I have seen. The Picture put her in the company of characters that have all since been revealed.

Doctor Fate: we first saw blurry screens and then hints with song titles (No fate . . .) The recent Doctor Midnight picture hint points to Fate being just a stage character. However, Boon has said DLC will be partly determined by demand and Boon has made quips about his fate being in our hands. Fate seems like a great candidate for DLC, but a easter egg in the initial release.

Martian Manhunter: His symbol was on the comic to be included with a special edition and he was hinted on the picture of Boon's desktop. A popular character who is a prominent member of the Justice League, this guy seems like a no-brainer. As time goes on I am losing hope of him being in the initial release. MM holds an interesting place as his popularity may be played as a close to release reveal that would bring one last push of hype OR as the first DLC reveal which would kickstart the DLC process as the DC comic fanboys would eat that up and stick around the scene.

Gorilla Grodd: Seems to be getting a lot of hints lately (blurry pic is a striking resemblance, name in noob.com crossword). The blurry pic has him wearing some nice armor which has been a theme in the redesign of most playable characters. Boon has talked about wanting to include some lesser known and unique characters to the roster. If Captain Cold is in then it is less likely for Grodd as Flash will have his nemesis already. The Flash is said to be Boon's favorite so an open slot on the roster may go to Flash's rogue gallery if that is to be believed. Unfortunately, besides the Aquama trident, most of the Noob.com hints have been for back ground character or disconfirms ("nope" Hawkman and Supergirl "not making it in injustice")

Power Girl: Was the winner of an earlier poll. "pgirl" was supposedly found in the crossword. This game needs some more females. Could be a DLC frontrunner.
Edit: Apparently the crossword says Nopgirl. Damn.

Ocean-Master?: Seems to be the consensus for the guy talking to Aquaman in the trailer. Could be a costume swap. Could be a story-mode only appearance. Could be the playable Aquaman antagonist if you hold to the everyone has a villain playable theory. Many seem to be holding out that this could be Ares turning Atlantis against their King. (My hope is for Black Manta)

Robin: Symbol is on the comic and has been spotted in a leaked image from the comic. Would be an easy candidate for a costume swap character with a unique intro/vctory for Nightwing. People seem to be getting sick of the Batfamily owning the roster, but I doubt anyone would complain about a costume model that uses Nightwing or Batman's moves.

There have been hints for Animal Man, Blue Beetle, Swamp Thing, Batwing and others in the form of comic book pictures. Not sure what to think of these. Might be red herrings mixed with real teases mixed with trolls.

The most important thing to note is that it has been said many times that not everyone we see will be playable. At first I thought that was a clever way of having characters shown stay a teaser without being confirmed or keep expectations of a huge roster low. The comment, as I understood, was that not everyone seen in STORY mode would be playable. We have seen a fair share of seemingly stages only characters: Atom Smasher and Giganta fight, Doctor Fate and Doctor Mid-nite, Croc, Two-face, penguin, Riddler. However, I recall seeing Doomsday in a stage and he appears to be a fighter (playable or boss).

Okay I think I have wasted enough time rambling on about this.
Green Lantern, grundy and deathstroke tomorrow. You'll see! The 4th one idk!

Ceflapod

Noob
I just wanted to get in here and put in my 2-cents for the rumored characters.

Ares - I see him as the main boss and therefore in true NRS tradition, won't be playable. I hope he is just because he looks badass in that armor and in his New 52 old man get-up.

Dr. Fate - Definitely not in, maybe DLC depending on fan requests, meaning he won't be in the first batch. He is clearly just a background cameo along with the other costume noob.com showed (Dr. midnight?)

Sinestro/Black Adam - Based on the magazine articles that reference some cinematic with all the heroes fighting their rivals I'm almost positive they'll be playable. What I'm thinking is that since the cinematic has them fighting in Metropolis before a bomb goes off I'd guess that they're all just in the opening (not story mode, opening to the game itself) and why include characters not in the game in the cinematic that's supposed to get you hyped to play? Additionally, Yellow-Lantern Hal could be an easy pallet swap for Sinestro and Shazam doesn't shout SHAZAM during his super which makes me think Black Adam will do something identical to that in his.

Doomsday - almost definitely playable, though he could just be like Goro and be an unplayable sub-boss.

Gorilla Grodd - Seeing as though he's sitting in the noob.com picture and wearing the new 52 armor I think he'll be a stage character similar to Shao Kahn in MK 9. Possibly able to be interacted with, but not playable.

Hawkgirl - definitely playable. I was worried during her first appearance that she would just be in a story cut-scene and get wrecked by Luthor soon after, however she appears again in the Aquaman trailer in the air next to Green Lantern and Superman, no way she's not playable.

Raven - As much as I'd like her to be playable I can see her coming in as DLC. What we know from the magazine is that she's seen transporting prisoners in the Watchtower (that's the JL satellite right?), next we have screens of Bane and Luthor free in the Watchtower fighting people. So, possibly, she gets knocked out by the prisoners she's meant to transport when the bad guys make their move.

Ocean Master - alt-costume for Aquaman. Both use a trident and if Aquaman uses Mera to get water on to stages where there is none it makes sense to swap in Ocean Master who can already control water.

MMHunter - DLC if anything. Basing this off the tease that had him next to Penguin.

Captain Cold - I'll guess that he's in. Good ice character and it makes sense for him to be fighting the Flash.

Swamp Thing/Animal Man/Batwing - One of these three will definitely be in. I can see them getting a push from DC to include a "new star" to the lineup to build notoriety and recognition. Swamp Thing and Animal Man are both critically acclaimed and popular New 52 titles and Batwing is totally new and fills the role for DC to expand on diversity. Other new characters that I could see filling this role would be Katana or Talon (maybe)

trufenix

bye felicia
I mean do we have a single "costume only" character confirm yet? Or are we still clinging to that one off handed comment Boon made like a year ago about Professor Zoom?

Ceflapod

Noob
Yeah, Boon made a comment in an interview I think about trying to get some characters they couldn't fit in the form alt costumes.

I have no idea how we got from Aquaman talking to boots to fucking Ocean Master is in the game, but okay.
The boots are purple. They are as detailed as Aquaman's. Ocean Master appears and just like Black Adam, he'll be an alt for a character. It all makes sense. Use your brain.