What's new

Guide Complete Guide To Rain - By Mr Aquaman

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
SZ is a 5-5, it's a game of life leads and Rain is very good at reversing corner pressure
I completely agree rain is one of the best suited for dealing with the corner, but man its a bitch getting in, the only SZ mu i have is brady every other weekend, and its not fun

Rain punishes with no meter, rains pressure game does warrant him a 6-4 MU on MY CHART, of all the tournament scorpions and tournament level players who I have played in this match up scorpions defense breaks down and has a hard time stopping rain from controlling the tempo of the match. Scorpion can win any match with vortex, again there are too many variables into MU charts. That's why it is labeled as mine. If you wanna debate a MU number that in the end means nothing go to the MU thread
True, it is your opinion, but I play both characters respectively. I know exactly what gives Scorpion problems in his MUs. You have to be able to pressure, stop meter building, and control the air for a 6-4 or higher. The only thing Rain can do is pressure, but En Spear is effective in this MU.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mr Aquaman Good read and write-up. I wish when we were at raleigh we had a chance to play a lot and talk more but i was really focused on trying out my stuff against the top players of other characters. If you come to atlanta for FR we definitely need to play and throw some stuff around. Glad to see some people are still semi-active with this guy. Like i said earlier this week ill be doing some major stuff coming up including my MU chart and possibly putting together a rain community chart to get some numbers with everyones input.
thanks man, yeah we need to get together more, I actually should be moving down to just outside atlanta near the beginning of the year just before final round, I would love to play with you and Reno. I'll be at NEC with my PTH crew hoping to do some damage. I don't have the equipment for a video guide but I'd love to do one, and cant wait for some new stuff. Long live the Prince

Brownie

Stay Wet <3
D3 is terrible. I'm surprised you're not getting blown up for using it in pressure. Overall solid guide. B2 1+2 is a godlike footsies tool. I use it to punish whiffs and to AA.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Thats why its my little secret ;] yeah after a 4 day grind session dallas practice i started using it more often, with certain characters it can be abusive against 0n wakeup, and little situations like a rh cancel into a backdash straight into b2 pressure <3 perfect whiff punish spot

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Mr Aquaman good stuff :). Tbh though I didn't read it all because it's a pretty big wall of text. Could you space it out a little better?
Thanks man I appreciate it alot, before the end of the week I will edit and make it much easier to read, thanks again

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
He has combos that can hit over 40 with no uppercuts needed, they are very good for those learning him. PM me and ill send you some if you want. uppercuts take some time to get used to for sure