What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

Dude i dont think you're following me correctly

First off i never said a word about physical violence w maxter, we ave a lot of respect for each other and the only thing i said that was out of line was the alcoholic line which we talked about at raleigh and i apologized and took all blame

In terms of reo's topic of interest when you allow no rules and i mean NO RULES you're opening the Pandora box for win by any means. He was the one who brought up that it currently isnt listed (the glitch) and i took an extreme saying "yea so is not smashing your controller" See the relation?

He cant use that example so easily. Will i smash his shit? No but using it to the extreme to show him his reasoning is retarded.

If you dont know me personally dont act like you do.
Either you are slow or a terrible troll. I can't tell which.
REO is talking about in-game mechanics. He's talking about no rules WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE FUCKING VIDEO GAME. Your constant tirade of this "no rules" business is nothing short of libel.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The thing is...again, just speculating...if all he can use are hookswords and buzz-saws....then you kind of know what's coming, right?

LolingOctopus

Modest and humble genitalia destroyer
I'm curious about the effect the glitch has on these situations:

Whiff Punishing: From what I can understand, this changes nothing on Whiff Punishing if you have the 'feature' or not you will get punished.

Counter Poking: Same as whiff punishing

Frame Traps: Since the player with the 'feature' doesn't get block stun, can you chain attacks after a string into a special?

Counters: Liu Kang and CSZ counter, what happens? Reg version and Ex Version

Projectiles: I assume projectile do the exact same thing as ducking reg projectiles. Zoning is still possible you have to hold block to dodge it.

Reflecting Projectiles: Reflecting a projectile coming from a player with the 'feature'. What happens?

Armor Use: Theorically speaking, you can punish the player trying to go on the offense with use of armor.

Soul Stealing: Can shang tsung steals the 'feature' ?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Because you risk having the opponent counter attack you and losing the glitch.
if you saw at last second of round id say that about does it
Either you are slow or a terrible troll. I can't tell which.
REO is talking about in-game mechanics. He's talking about no rules WITHIN THE CONFINES OF THE FUCKING VIDEO GAME. Your constant tirade of this "no rules" business is nothing short of libel.
stop being a dick and let me have my fun

CRUM

Noob
I'll shake my opponent's hand and say "Good games.".

Because you can't activate it at any time during the round. You only get one chance to activate it one time (max) per match.
yes and that one chance converts into an invincible free win in the 2nd or 3rd round if it were done correctly. How is that fair?

LolingOctopus

yes and that one chance converts into an invincible free win in the 2nd or 3rd round if it were done correctly. How is that fair?
it's not a 'I WIN' button. Your first win (round) you have to execute the feature/bug, the second round will be a completely different meta game of bait and hit. It's unfair, but you can adapt. Hell when you lose your first round in the corner, it's unfair but you adapt.

REO

Undead
I'm curious about the effect the glitch has on these situations:

Whiff Punishing: From what I can understand, this changes nothing on Whiff Punishing if you have the 'feature' or not you will get punished.

Counter Poking: Same as whiff punishing

Frame Traps: Since the player with the 'feature' doesn't get block stun, can you chain attacks after a string into a special?

Counters: Liu Kang and CSZ counter, what happens? Reg version and Ex Version

Projectiles: I assume projectile do the exact same thing as ducking reg projectiles. Zoning is still possible you have to hold block to dodge it.

Reflecting Projectiles: Reflecting a projectile coming from a player with the 'feature'. What happens?

Armor Use: Theorically speaking, you can punish the player trying to go on the offense with use of armor.

Soul Stealing: Can shang tsung steals the 'feature' ?
All of these are very interesting and should be tested. There may be a lot more about this glitch that we do not know about, yet.
if you saw at last second of round id say that about does it
Why would the player who activated the invincibility want to take a risk of the game choosing player one or player two randomly for the second round win? We all know the Kabal player will most likely want to take a risk getting in a hit so he can secure the round win.
It's fair because the opponent had a chance to counter it.

Pig Of The Hut

it's not a 'I WIN' button. Your first win (round) you have to execute the feature/bug, the second round will be a completely different meta game of bait and hit. It's unfair, but you can adapt. Hell when you lose your first round in the corner, it's unfair but you adapt.
I just remembered you play Jade, id want this glitch to be accepted as well

wins first round, 2 round invincibility and with 5 secs left ex armor attack

Jade top 5?

LolingOctopus

I just remembered you play Jade, id want this glitch to be accepted as well

wins first round, 2 round invincibility and with 5 secs left ex armor attack

Jade top 5?
It pushes forward the meta-game. But I assure you, you will never see me use Jade in tournament anymore. Also, it's not about accepting the glitch. It's about understanding it before doing any action.

As a programmer analyst this is how I solve any issue I meet at work. It's a simple protocol. Understand what is going 'wrong' or 'undesired', analyze it. And then claim if we need to remove it or not.

Right now we are at the 'understand it' phase of protocol. We discovered the issue, a lot of us, including me, at first sight believe it is bad. Hell I admit it, I voted 'ban it' way to quickly in that first thread. I'm just curious where does this feature can lead. I'll always respect the TO decision. If it's banned I won't even say a word about it. But I'm curious about the very nature of this bug/glitch/brokenness and wish to learn more before saying my final word if we should ban it or not.

Pig Of The Hut

It pushes forward the meta-game. But I assure you, you will never see me use Jade in tournament anymore. Also, it's not about accepting the glitch. It's about understanding it before doing any action.

As a programmer analyst this is how I solve any issue I meet at work. It's a simple protocol. Understand what is going 'wrong' or 'undesired', analyze it. And then claim if we need to remove it or not.

Right now we are at the 'understand it' phase of protocol. We discovered the issue, a lot of us, including me, at first sight believe it is bad. Hell I admit it, I voted 'ban it' way to quickly in that first thread. I'm just curious where does this feature can lead. I'll always respect the TO decision. If it's banned I won't even say a word about it. But I'm curious about the very nature of this bug/glitch/brokenness and wish to learn more before saying my final word if we should ban it or not.
Your post makes a lot of sense and i respect the angles youre taking on this, no joke.

I however am not interested in playing mk9 if this is allowed, i have far better usage of time if this is allowed but will check back time to time to see where it led.

For a long time i said MK9 would/could be the umk3 of our generation and sadly im right but in the wrong way.

REO

Undead

We need more players in this community with an open-mind and competitive heart like LolingOctopus.

LolingOctopus

Your post makes a lot of sense and i respect the angles youre taking on this, no joke.

I however am not interested in playing mk9 if this is allowed, i have far better usage of time if this is allowed but will check back time to time to see where it led.

For a long time i said MK9 would/could be the umk3 of our generation and sadly im right but in the wrong way.
Diversity of opinion forces us to think. No harm done friend! If all goes well you'll be able to kick my ass all over Dallas during mlg weekend :)

This thread is running out of steam and has divided the community into two parts. Those who want a glitch free mk tournament scene and those who do not want it.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Damn, man. You guys are really leveling up over there. Now Jax is a threat again, too? Oh, well. My kabody is ready. I had no idea some character could activate the glitch during mid-fight, this makes things very interesting. What if a player uses it himself to counter another player who activated it via round win? The possibilities and mindgames are endless. We definitely need to explore this game at this level next time I come over for games.
id just like to tell you that i think you are totally completely right about this and that all of this should stay in the game, i feel like this may look kinda sarcastic but i legitamently feel that the game should be played with what is there it makes way more characters viable and opens up an entire new way to mix things up let go of block when to activate the glitch and so on. all i can say is i will support you entirely in this effort and wish you the best

CRUM

Noob
All of these are very interesting and should be tested. There may be a lot more about this glitch that we do not know about, yet.

Why would the player who activated the invincibility want to take a risk of the game choosing player one or player two randomly for the second round win? We all know the Kabal player will most likely want to take a risk getting in a hit so he can secure the round win.

It's fair because the opponent had a chance to counter it.
counter it? So basically if you don't tech the throw or properly avoid getting hit then not only do you lose one round, but you also lose the match. I'm still not seeing your logic on how this is fair.

I have one question for REO, is their chars who can do this midscreen? if so then who? Also this thread has exploded and hey sometimes threads like this will do that. I make threads explode too haha, arguing and stuff. All I want to know is what tournaments will say about this glitch as well, they banned the smoke glitch so I'd think they'd ban this one too. I'm just making a logical inference about this glitch.

REO

Undead
counter it? So basically if you don't tech the throw or properly avoid getting hit then not only do you lose one round, but you also lose the match. I'm still not seeing your logic on how this is fair.
And I've yet to see your logic (or anyone's, for that matter) on how it is unfair and is too dominating on a competitive level that it must be banned at all costs.

REO

Undead
I have one question for REO, is their chars who can do this midscreen? if so then who? Also this thread has exploded and hey sometimes threads like this will do that. I make threads explode too haha, arguing and stuff. All I want to know is what tournaments will say about this glitch as well, they banned the smoke glitch so I'd think they'd ban this one too. I'm just making a logical inference about this glitch.
Kabal, Cyrax, Raiden, and Skarlet can do it mid-screen. I'm not sure if Quan Chi can do it mid-screen, he's the least one I've fooled around with. There may be other characters that can do it as well.

CRUM

Noob
And I've yet to see your logic (or anyone's, for that matter) on how it is unfair and is too dominating on a competitive level that it must be banned at all costs.
because you are granted a free round if you activate the glitch? How am I being unclear. You make it seem like the glitch is very difficult to perform when it isn't.