What's new

Community-Restricted Kabal and System Kabal (UPDATES TBA)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Who says you can't play him at a competitive level right now?
Also there was supposed to be a tag tournament at UFGT8 that Tolkeen and I were bound to win... however other "competitors" like Brant McNoskill and Free-G-A 16KitKatBars were too afraid to truly challenge us in no-holds-barred tournament kombat.
I was?

Would u want to do this challenge at Dallas? 1v1

I'm open for anything and u can have your invincibility because to get it u have to be able to win one round

I was?

I'm open for anything and u can have your invincibility because to get it u have to be able to win one round
I can't afford Dallas, I chose to support the Ohio scene instead. Working a minimum wage job while paying for College and an apartment doesn't leave me much travel cash. And, even if I was there, it would have to be 2v2, those were the rules for the UFGT tourney that never happened.

I was?

Besides, we both know that even with the glitch I would still lose to you. You would be doing nothing but proving REO's point that the glitch is not broken and in fact is beatable and not game breaking. I don't think that provides good evidence for your case.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I can't afford Dallas, I chose to support the Ohio scene instead. Working a minimum wage job while paying for College and an apartment doesn't leave me much travel cash. And, even if I was there, it would have to be 2v2, those were the rules for the UFGT tourney that never happened.
Can't afford travel

Buys pot (unless I misread)

Drugs are bad mmmmmmmmmkay

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Drugs are bad (unless you come from an island in the Caribbean in which said drugs grow indigenously and are enjoyed by the populus regularly) mmmmmmmmmkay
Fixed :).
I'm brown. I'm allowed to be a stoner.

Also: My biggest problem isn't dealing with this in competition. If I didn't know how to get myself out of a corner, I wouldn't still be playing this game. Fuck this stupid glitch. People are still gonna die, and while I plan on fully investing in TTT2 after NEC (holding off until then because there's no way I'll be able to split the little free time I have between the two) and Injustice next year, I'm still gonna be playing this game as long as its capable of drawing in tournaments, however big or small they may be. If there is MK9, there will be Box.
My problem is simple: It makes the game look worse for wear, and the game's reputation with it, that everyone's been fighting like mad to improve and ascend to higher plateaus between the road to EVO and the MLG events. We've come a long, long way since 2 4 Low Hat, but something as busted on a linear level (regardless of if it's fightable, undoable, counterable, whatever the case may be, I've never in my life heard of a fighter capable of giving you 2'nd round glitched invincibility just by holding down and Block) is gonna be a huge turn-off, both to aspiring up-and-comers, and people who've stuck it out with MK for a while now, but have tired of all its problems. And while there could be made a case for widdling down the field to the truly dedicated players...this game could do a LOT better than the couple of dozen people a show such a widdling would result in.
We should've been trying to expand further, instead of shutting the windows and keeping in the gifted just to shun the unsure.

Fixed :).
I'm brown. I'm allowed to be a stoner.

Also: My biggest problem isn't dealing with this in competition. If I didn't know how to get myself out of a corner, I wouldn't still be playing this game. Fuck this stupid glitch. People are still gonna die, and while I plan on fully investing in TTT2 after NEC (holding off until then because there's no way I'll be able to split the little free time I have between the two) and Injustice next year, I'm still gonna be playing this game as long as its capable of drawing in tournaments, however big or small they may be. If there is MK9, there will be Box.
My problem is simple: It makes the game look worse for wear, and the game's reputation with it, that everyone's been fighting like mad to improve and ascend to higher plateaus between the road to EVO and the MLG events. We've come a long, long way since 2 4 Low Hat, but something as busted on a linear level (regardless of if it's fightable, undoable, counterable, whatever the case may be, I've never in my life heard of a fighter capable of giving you 2'nd round glitched invincibility just by holding down and Block) is gonna be a huge turn-off, both to aspiring up-and-comers, and people who've stuck it out with MK for a while now, but have tired of all its problems. And while there could be made a case for widdling down the field to the truly dedicated players...this game could do a LOT better than the couple of dozen people a show such a widdling would result in.
We should've been trying to expand further, instead of shutting the windows and keeping in the gifted just to shun the unsure.
Haven't you heard?

glitch is banned.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Haven't you heard?

glitch is banned.
I did, I did indeed, but I know some folks are still gonna be unhappy about THAT as well...I just figured I'd clarify since I've been trying to play devil's advocate a bit. I know some people would love to live in the no-holds-barred dimension, but in defense of the game, MK's never had a scene as big, successful, or "professional" as the one MK9 has brought about, and the game and its tournament workings should reflect that.

Here's the problem for the supporters of the glitch.

In a professional setting, such as MLG and e-sports, there is no room for glitch abuse and exploits. Period. So go take your old UMK3 glitch infested pasts and shove it, those days were not e-sports. If you want MK to succeed and go beyond majors you're going to have to accept that if the devs do not have the resources to patch the game, it's up to the community to patch it themselves via a rule set. Now don't go and write a speech about how rules will destroy the game and make it dull because without them you will have no public eye and no future in the e-sports gaming leagues.

This glitch is the equivalent to watching a hockey game in period 2 where they remove the goalie... and all the players so team 1 can just free shoot to victory. Now you tell me how the public will perceive that and how long something as stupid as that will last.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Reo's right.

Cheating is when a player does something outside if what the coding allows. No one is hacking any code, or injecting their own.

Many if you are debating whether this glitch is "fair" or "cheap" or "intended". all irrelevent. the glitch isn't cheating. it was programmed in. just like Cage's random advantage on F3, Smoke's reset, etc., etc.

The only way this glitch could have grounds to be banned is if not all characters can do it. Otherwise it's a Community Rule...whether that's the rule set for a tournament or not isn't my call and frankly I don't care.

But stop calling it cheating. it isn't and it makes you look dumb.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Reo's right.

Cheating is when a player does something outside if what the coding allows. No one is hacking any code, or injecting their own.

Many if you are debating whether this glitch is "fair" or "cheap" or "intended". all irrelevent. the glitch isn't cheating. it was programmed in. just like Cage's random advantage on F3, Smoke's reset, etc., etc.

The only way this glitch has grounds to be banned is if not all characters can do it. Otherwise it's a Community Rule...whether that's the rule set for a tournament or not isn't my call and frankly I don't care.

Very good point...I feel like this is the MK equivalent of counting cards in Blackjack.

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
Reo's right.

The only way this glitch has grounds to be banned is if not all characters can do it. Otherwise it's a Community Rule...whether that's the rule set for a tournament or not isn't my call and frankly I don't care.

If the reason to ban it is not every character can do it then we would have to ban Smoke, Cyrax, and Jax damage exploits as well. Just playing devils advocate.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
If the reason to ban it is not every character can do it then we would have to ban Smoke, Cyrax, and Jax damage exploits as well. Just playing devils advocate.
Fixed original post to better reflect what I meant.