What's new

Community bullet points on patch notes (post them here)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Last edited by a moderator:

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I think in the Rambo stream NRS said not to expect patch notes immediately after the patch comes out. On the one hand I'm sure a lot of us are excited to dive into the goodies that the patch will come with, but we just have to patient for the official notes to release.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The WA happy buttons still apply
Not much of nerffs/buffs across the board, from what I could already tell.

There wont be the "holly shit, this cant be real" expression, but its a slight step forward I guess.

Error404

Noob
All of Shao Kahns pokes are seriously buffed. Especially D4. To a point where you can jail dash into S1/S2 from nearly max range.

Kotal Khans ex cat doesn't seem to hop over crouching opponents anymore.

Johnny Cage has a new armor breaker - pissed off.

That's about all I've got

Zgf

Noob
Remember when many members on the board were stating this would be a significantly game changing patch?

Still plays almost the same outside of pokes changes. WU buttons are stronger, meaties still kind of suck, AAs prove to be a myth for most of the cast, and it seems like some characters are still the same as they were before, like Scorpion and Sonya for example.

So it seems like NRS takes a step forward, and two steps back.

Remember when many members on the board were stating this would be a significantly game changing patch?

Still plays almost the same outside of pokes changes. WU buttons are stronger, meaties still kind of suck, AAs prove to be a myth for most of the cast, and it seems like some characters are still the same as they were before, like Scorpion and Sonya for example.

So it seems like NRS takes a step forward, and two steps back.
I was foolish to expect more.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I think in the Rambo stream NRS said not to expect patch notes immediately after the patch comes out. On the one hand I'm sure a lot of us are excited to dive into the goodies that the patch will come with, but we just have to patient for the official notes to release.
im pretty sure they said the exact opposite and told us to expect patch notes before this all dropped

Zgf

Noob
I was foolish to expect more.
Not at all honestly.

I hoped for big changes since you could consider this the second season for MK11 and many other mainstream games have made big improvements and meta changes for their respective games.

Tekken introduced brand new and old returning strings, wall bounce mechanics and significant frame data changes. DBFZ changed the meta heavily for each season update. SF5 improved their meta to an extent, introduced new characters and combo routes with the added V2/V-Skill changes. That's just several games off the top of my head.

We're still playing the same game now almost, now with kustoms enabled. NRS is playing it a little too safe with the patches, but that may be because of the past MKX updates where almost every patch significantly changed the meta and horrendously killed/buffed certain characters.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
im pretty sure they said the exact opposite and told us to expect patch notes before this all dropped
It was the Mileena kast, 25:35-25:45:
Tyler says something like "They'll probably be released near when the game is released", so I wasn't entirely right.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Not at all honestly.

I hoped for big changes since you could consider this the second season for MK11 and many other mainstream games have made big improvements and meta changes for their respective games.

We're still playing the same game now almost, now with kustoms enabled. NRS is playing it a little too safe with the patches, but that may be because of the past MKX updates where almost every patch significantly changed the meta and horrendously killed/buffed certain characters.
I was steaming mad yesterday because of how underwhelming this patch felt, especially with respect to (1) not delivering some obviously needed balance changes to the strongest and weakest characters, and (2) the universal knockdown advantage change actually hurting setup-heavy characters.

To be clear, I'm still feeling pretty annoyed (and constantly refreshing the official patch notes page), but trying to be even-minded about this. They just enabled custom variations in ranked--that's a BIG CHANGE ffs, so no one should be downplaying that and saying we barely got anything. We just got literally the most requested change since day one and it's effing huge.

That also means that NRS just threw a 'custom variation' hand grenade into the 'balance' barrel of monkeys. I half expect they're all huddled in the corner right now, waiting and hoping the whole thing doesn't explode. With such a radical shift in the meta, is it really reasonable for NRS to try to make balance changes at the same time? It's going to take some time to see how things shake out and then reassess balance.

Believe me, I'm feeling irritated and impatient too. But enjoy custom craziness, enjoy the new characters, and maybe we'll get a real balance patch in a few months.

I was steaming mad yesterday because of how underwhelming this patch felt, especially with respect to (1) not delivering some obviously needed balance changes to the strongest and weakest characters, and (2) the universal knockdown advantage change actually hurting setup-heavy characters.

To be clear, I'm still feeling pretty annoyed (and constantly refreshing the official patch notes page), but trying to be even-minded about this. They just enabled custom variations in ranked--that's a BIG CHANGE ffs, so no one should be downplaying that and saying we barely got anything. We just got literally the most requested change since day one and it's effing huge.

That also means that NRS just threw a 'custom variation' hand grenade into the 'balance' barrel of monkeys. I half expect they're all huddled in the corner right now, waiting and hoping the whole thing doesn't explode. With such a radical shift in the meta, is it really reasonable for NRS to try to make balance changes at the same time? It's going to take some time to see how things shake out and then reassess balance.

Believe me, I'm feeling irritated and impatient too. But enjoy custom craziness, enjoy the new characters, and maybe we'll get a real balance patch in a few months.
Custom craziness? I wouldnt put it like that. Custom craziness FOR SELECTED FEW? Now thats true. Which is a fucking joke

@Obly They had 7 months man. I’m actually stunned that kustoms were basically untouched. Think about how many utterly obsolete moves there are: cold shoulder, god ray, blood ritual, fujin’s air parry, misery blade, Shao’s 94f taunts, half of NW’s moves, the list goes on. Some of these moves are literally worse than useless because they replace a universal move that is way better. Barely any new frame data changes (beyond a few overkill nerfs), no new move properties or KBs, moves were banned that could have easily been balanced (killer clot, ground ice). This is even more half-baked than the armor breakers, and it’s sad knowing that Ultimate will likely remain so unfinished for several months to come.