What's new

Question Community Asks: The Queen of Blood. Why Do You Main Her?

Hey there tym, and all my fellow rising skarlet players.
I just thought to start a thread i was looking to see if she had, and didnt, and so i wanted to make this to share and hear from all skar mainers who have good stories on picking up my lady in red.
Ill start.

I used to main Mileena, i wont lie. Truth is i didnt know why, and knowing how good kitana and jade are too, maybe i should have focused more on them, but i didnt. So i enjoyed mileena, til she bored me. Moving on, the MK9 DLC started to come out. I was real interested in the thought of Kenshi and Rain, but no thoughts on maining them, and i skipped skarlet cause she didnt sound interesting to me. But when she was released, things got more interesting. I grabbed her on opening day, and played her in the lab non stop. I fell in love with db4, slide that you didnt have to finish, so i was telling myself, wow that can come in handy someday. Did bloodball randomly, and didnt like it, until i saw the damage, wow! lol and look how far we have come with that move. The up/downslashes were cool too, but of course than i didnt know combos, and on day one i didnt know of dagger cancels either. So moving towards the future, i stuck with her day after day, watched some combo vids, and was more interested, but she was a secondary, cuz i stuck with mileena. Over time, i pondered why she was not my main, until one day i went to an offline tourney at Tampa Never Sleeps 1, ( not the vid on my youtube, thats TNS2). And i had met quantus and others, and tried her out, and ppl were impressed, so i went home and said, skarlet, lets get you as my main. So ( lol) over time i began to make documents and combo vids and what not, and now everyone knows of my skarlet. One night, i was invited to join stb gr8one for a stream on xbl being hosted by senor menace, and i was playing my best against gr80ne, even took a close round, and when i lost between him and son ov timmett, i was down on myself and that matchup. So i wondered to stay maianing her that night, feeling so shit, until i got a message form the infamous shujinkydink, who was watching. He told me, man! ppl are talking about your skarlet on the stream chatboard, its all good too! I thanked him for telling, me and i got more cinfident. played gr8one a week later, and did WAY better, so skarlet became my favorite ever that week. Point is, started to main, wasnt sure, played pros, and said i have satisfaction playing her well compared to mileena, and now she is my one and only!

Lol sorry if that bored you, but if you liked it thank you, and please share your story to me and the skar community. Im real interested in hearing why eddy wang and aNinj picked her up.:)

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I picked her up because she's one of the best characters in the game.

And/Or because she had the strangest playstyle of the roster and I really dig it. Then people started liking what I was putting on the forums. Then I was the moderator. It's a fairytale story, truly.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I find her to be the most interesting and best design of all the female characters in the game. She's also who I feel is most fun.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
She is the funniest character to play in the game. I dont care for zoners cause that isnt my style. I bought the game to fight and not sit back throwing projectiles all day at someone. The best $5 i have ever invested in MK :). Oh and yes i got her day 1 she came out.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I used to main Kitana, Scorp and Kabal, i only got the all DLC packs on february, and since the trailer i've always wanted to play skarlet for the following reasons:
1) She is Red (My favourite Color)
2) She has the best Female Desing
3) She has 2 Swords (Kodachi) and i'm a big fan of Swords

And when i started to play her, i notice how fun and dificult her style can be, and imediatly realized that i can turn her style deadly, so after a few weeks i dropped the entire cast to dedicate more time on actually learn her.

She is also the only Character i feel more confortable with inside out, and currently i do not fear any matchup because all of them are 5-5 to me against high level players and 7-3 against someone lower

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I usually play under-used character such Rain, Stryker, Kenshi. I also play ninjas but I wanted at least one girl in my kast. Skarlet was fucking mysterious coz actually no one was playing her, she looks badass, and she is dlc (I play them all) I gave her a try but she was too hard on execution and I had no way to understand/learn her metagame since I wasn't able to watch some stuff on YT from her in real games (I didn't even know she had a reset).
I came here and heard about the guide in progress of NinJ but after 4 months of waiting nothing came out, except some videos of his ladder. From there I picked back the red bitch to main her. Now, she is almost at the same level than my Rain. I keep practicing. :)