What's new

Commentating 101 - need help

long story short, the PH has good mk players. Sadly, we need to bring more hype to MK related events. One thing that sets us apart from the other fgc here....is that we don't have our own commentators.past videos weve posted? Seam wualifiers? Manila cup? Theyre mostly capcom fg commentators. We thank them big time, but I feel maybe we can bring more hype if an MK person is behind the mic.

I decided to step up and volunteer. Thing is...I dunno where to start. Print pages worth of MU discussion? Interview players? Nxt scheduled event is on oct 10th. Esgs brawlfest would be on the 25th.

Tips would be appreciated. :)

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
long story short, the PH has good mk players. Sadly, we need to bring more hype to MK related events. One thing that sets us apart from the other fgc here....is that we don't have our own commentators.past videos weve posted? Seam wualifiers? Manila cup? Theyre mostly capcom fg commentators. We thank them big time, but I feel maybe we can bring more hype if an MK person is behind the mic.

I decided to step up and volunteer. Thing is...I dunno where to start. Print pages worth of MU discussion? Interview players? Nxt scheduled event is on oct 10th. Esgs brawlfest would be on the 25th.

Tips would be appreciated. :)
Just do what makes you feel comfortable and speak on what you know. I've made the mistake of speculating on frame data. If your strength is storytelling, then stick with that, and try to find a partner who covers your lack of knowledge in other departments. The most important thing is to be informative AND entertaining. You don't want to be a monotone textbook of knowledge, but you also want to make sure that you're able to communicate what's happening and why.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Don't be that one guy who does like set by set comments on everything like "Oh, that was a good poke out or good reversal every 5 seconds"

Also talk about the players and try to bring the match hype like "Oh yeah, these players have been at for a long while and have an intense rivalry or so and so just picked up a new character" ect

Also if a winner/loser is commentating with you talk about the match that just happened and occasional jokes aren't a bad thing

Always comment on an extremely hype situation

and that's a few off the top of my head

Oh yeah most important thing, Speak into the mic clearly and also if you're on stream occasionally engage the steam monsters when they ask questions also have fun with it