What's new

Tech - Commando Commando anti-wakeup OS

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hi y'all. This is a HUGE list of what wakeups commando can beat out using 2 different methods.

The first one is doing a d4 OS EX command grab on their wakeup. If they wake up you beat out their armor and EX command grab them for a total of 22% (d4+ex rib strike). The d4 will make you low profile a lot of wake ups allowing you to get your armor out. If you OS it there is no risk really, since on block you're -7, pretty safe on whiff and +18 on hit. This is what it looks like:

The second method is doing a meaty b1 into EX choke on their wakeup. This setup will cost you a bar if they stand up and block but you're only -4 afterwards. ALSO with both these setups. If they delay their WU you can EX command grab them as they get up and they have no time to poke (they can jump however). This setup works best in the corner.

HOWEVER as I experimented further this can be done midscreen after a Power Slam (take a slight slight slight step forward before b1/d4) or ending in 32 1+3 (pretty decent punish). You can also do f4 ex choke after rib breaker but this has the least success rate of all methods.

Now without further ado this is how it fares vs the whole cast. I've only included armored WU's and parries. Some mistakes might have been made (I am human after all)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j-WcDlPokRi5xV9jV5oPAsYM8PYoNKlweJx-qCFpjIw/edit?usp=sharing

@ando1184
@bdizzle2700
@countrypistol
@Derptile
@FlappyDaniel
@MrInsaynne
@SaltShaker
@The Hex Man
@Youphemism
@ETC AdmiralAugustus

@ any Kano's I've missed.

Please let me know if the link isn't working or w/e

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Is it not better doing d1 instead? If they block high then you've just wasted a bar to get punished.

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
I've made a video longtime ago showing that same king of thing works for all chars that have armor. Just use a good actif frame normal attack on wakeup to break opponnent armor and cancel by an armor attack, if possible with armor launcher to continue a full combo

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I've made a video longtime ago showing that same king of thing works for all chars that have armor. Just use a good actif frame normal attack on wakeup to break opponnent armor and cancel by an armor attack, if possible with armor launcher to continue a full combo
Yeah but ex choke is safe on block.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
In Kano case your right, I mean for all chars, and sometime when start up is fast you can normal cancel to non armor special to break and launch opponent
Yeah this is pretty well known. The reason this is special is that both options are safe (ish at least) on block and if they delay you can beat out any poke they do.

Hi y'all. This is a HUGE list of what wakeups commando can beat out using 2 different methods.

The first one is doing a d4 OS EX command grab on their wakeup. If they wake up you beat out their armor and EX command grab them for a total of 22% (d4+ex rib strike). The d4 will make you low profile a lot of wake ups allowing you to get your armor out. If you OS it there is no risk really, since on block you're -7, pretty safe on whiff and +18 on hit. This is what it looks like:

The second method is doing a meaty b1 into EX choke on their wakeup. This setup will cost you a bar if they stand up and block but you're only -4 afterwards. ALSO with both these setups. If they delay their WU you can EX command grab them as they get up and they have no time to poke (they can jump however). This setup works best in the corner.

HOWEVER as I experimented further this can be done midscreen after a Power Slam (take a slight slight slight step forward before b1/d4) or ending in 32 1+3 (pretty decent punish). You can also do f4 ex choke after rib breaker but this has the least success rate of all methods.

Now without further ado this is how it fares vs the whole cast. I've only included armored WU's and parries. Some mistakes might have been made (I am human after all)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j-WcDlPokRi5xV9jV5oPAsYM8PYoNKlweJx-qCFpjIw/edit?usp=sharing

@ando1184
@bdizzle2700
@countrypistol
@Derptile
@FlappyDaniel
@MrInsaynne
@SaltShaker
@The Hex Man
@Youphemism
@ETC AdmiralAugustus

@ any Kano's I've missed.

Please let me know if the link isn't working or w/e
I haven't look yet gotta get my popcorn[insert random popcorn gif]

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Just watched your video

Your and my option select is different

My option select if you time it right the back 1 whiffs they don't wake up your video is just for beating wake ups

When my one will be more of an option select on meter to come out if they wake up or not if they don't wake up

My video is the a recording of Kano so his timing of back 1 Parry The same look at it whiff if don't wake up I used parry as I didn't want to spoil the best of the video

Although we doing the same thing the objective of my OS is different