What's new

comctl32.dll error

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Just got a new laptop with Windows 7. Installed Mame32K and upon initial start, I got this error..."Mame32K has detected and older version of comctl32.dll" Basically I can't adjust any properties or default settings on anything. Anyone else run into this or what's the fix? Thanks.

YourMKArcadeSource

Ok, got into the ini file, but I need to change the drawing to direct draw because the game is pixelated as hell. Can't find which setting will change that.

YourMKArcadeSource

ScheissNussen said:
Mame PPK 1.37 says this
Code:
# DIRECTDRAW-SPECIFIC OPTIONS
#
hwstretch         1
So I am assuming set this to 1:
HardwareStretch=0

That was already set to 1. It's no big deal. can't really play online W-fi from Afghanistan anyway. But, I should at least connect to someone on Kaillera just to see what the lag is to have a laugh.

wazz

Noob
lol mk3fan Like golden oreo said jus press yes when that box pops up. mame will run fine

Do u mean this msg

YourMKArcadeSource

wazz said:
lol mk3fan Like golden oreo said jus press yes when that box pops up. mame will run fine

Do u mean this msg

Running Mame isn't the issue. I am talking about the extreme pixelation I am experiencing. I can't access the options to change from Direct3D to DirectDraw. It's not that big of a deal, just looks like crap when I'm playing.

Eternal

Noob
I've done some searching but I cant find a solution to this problem. I agree with MK3fan, The fullscreen stretch on my 32 in monitor and the pixelization that happens is very unappealing. The only workarounds I found that helps fix the full screen stretch is playing offline using Mame .119 and playing online I'll use Mame32K and manually pulling the top/bottom and sides out to 4:3 every time I play, doing this online however will result in momentary lag and is still kinda pixelated...The fullscreen stretch/pixelization is not that big a deal but I would prefer 4:3 with clean pixels..