What's new

Combo Video - Sub-Zero Combo Video For All Situations/ Variations (updating)

Train

Noob
@Cat what the timing got corner combo : jip B2 B2 242 123 slide ??
for some reason I cant connect 123 slide... any tips ? my target already hit the ground before 123 slide come out :(

Demon_0

RIP Akira Toriyama
If you want to style for some meter or your opponent is at half of their health, you can do the following in Cryomancer:
JIP, F33, EX Hammer, NJP, B1, 2, EX Ice Ball, F42, 1+3. Does over 40% if I recall correctly.

Also a great Brutality finisher (Pick Your Brain) in Cryo variation if you've unlocked it.

Last edited:
Just showing off the most damaging combos i could find for Sub Zeros Grandmaster Variation. This is probably my favorite variation of him so far. Since most of his combos wall carry , it is easy to get a high damage combo without spending meter or even spending some fore grab resets.
Hope you guys Enjoy, will be posting match videos soon , so make sure to follow the channel as well as the stream at Twitch.tv/kombathouston
The combo you show at 1:00. The 1 clone. Is it just me or it that harder to do than anything else on him? my inputs are always correct. Half the time nothing happens. Half the time he does the 1 2 string. What is the issue do you think? In fact, anything after the 242 is almost impossible to time.. they did a 3g update today did they change frames maybe?

Last edited:

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Awesome video @Cat learned those almost immediately. You are probably aware but if not, you can connect run f32 slide after b2 midscreen.

Great combos man. I have only one question. I see that you're doing all of the combos on AI in neutral stance. I tried to do the reset throw combo from your clip on AI that was blocking in crouch and after the throw attempt b33 doesn't connect and is blocked. Same thing goes for the jip 2, b1,2 iceball. It ends with iceball being blocked. I thought that when you set AI to block you can actually check if it is blockable or not. Just like it was in MK9. So can these strings be blocked normally ? Or is AI's blocking enhanced somehow??
And another thing. I have noticed that combos on neutral stance AI and crouching blocking AI have different timing. Can someone confirm it? I was practicing mid screen B2 int run cancel 123 slide on the AI in neutral stance and FINALLLy when I got it right each time several times in a row I was soo happy....then I set the AI into crouching blocking so I can actually use sub's only overhead on a valid target.....and it appeared that the body is being launched lower than when it's standing. Of course I don't have to say that I wasn't able to land this combo even once. Switched AI back to neutral stance again....worked like a charm. If this is the case then I don't really see value in combos which start with overhead done on neutral stance AI. It is waay too long and telegraphic. Will never work on live opponent. Please explain it to me.

Last edited:

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
@Cat you have a combo in there where you getting 123 to hit after 242, how are you getting it to hit, when I try it, either the string doesn't come out, I just get standing 1, or the string misses entirely.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
really good combos! I was practicing them and found that a standing 4 can combo into a iceclone in the corner so I just inserted one of your combos at the end like this: jp1, 4, iceclone, jp1, b2, b2, 242, 123 slide = 44%
No idea how u got the ice clone to come out for this. As i'm trying Sub just jumps back instead as if i'm too close

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
@Cat what the timing got corner combo : jip B2 B2 242 123 slide ??
for some reason I cant connect 123 slide... any tips ? my target already hit the ground before 123 slide come out :(
Same here. I'd love to do the combo but that 123 is not connecting

To connect that 123 after 242 you need to start second b2 sooner. It is possible to delay second b2 and your opponent isn't launched high enough for 123 to connect after 242. It's all about timing the entire combo. For 123 to connect your 242 should juggle opponent over your head. Observe where is he as you do this combo. In my opinion it is not consistent enough to use specially online.