What's new

Strategy Combo Ender Ice Arrow + Dead On

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Alright guys trying to get into GA a bit more and i havnt seen anyone post this so sorry if i am repeating whats already been suggested/asked.

But why dont you guys end combos with ice arrow and dead on? Ice arrow gets them standing again and dead on will give +21 frame advantage plus you are right next to them for follow up pressure.

J3, 22 ice arrow, dead on 22%
B3, j3 3 ice arrow, dead on 28%
113 j2 11 ice arrow, dead on 24%

F213 ice arrow, dead on 17%

plus you can d1 ice arrow, trait another one in and have time to do an instant air dead on again leaving you at +21

im sure you guys have better combos, i main nightwing, GA is fairly new to me

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Because it grants you less damage than the normal combo and it doesn't end it with an ice arrow equipped. Also, EX Dead One is the only one you should be using, but it finishes with a knockdown up close, which to me is a disadvantage (depending on the character).

Karnage

why use EX dead on over the normal dead on though? they will be able to wake up???

im not trying to be a smart ass or anything i am just trying to figure GA out :p

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
GA seems pretty linear though, seems like its mostly d1 ice arrow mixups

Kompared to a lot of other characters in the kast, he's not really linear. D1~Arrow is good with proper spacing or as a gimmick but it's not what I'd konsider his main game.

PS: I also have no idea what Dead On is... Going to look it up right now. lol.

Karnage

Kompared to a lot of other characters in the kast, he's not really linear. D1~Arrow is good with proper spacing or as a gimmick but it's not what I'd konsider his main game.

PS: I also have no idea what Dead On is... Going to look it up right now. lol.

jumping down arrows bud :)

ice arrow and dead on resets them to standing and gives +21...maybe its useless or theres other shit GA would rather do i dunno

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
why use EX dead on over the normal dead on though? they will be able to wake up???

im not trying to be a smart ass or anything i am just trying to figure GA out :p
Damage.
GA seems pretty linear though, seems like its mostly d1 ice arrow mixups
D1 ice arrow on block can be interrupted. B2 ice arrow, d1 xx 4 jump out d xx release 4 are good alternatives. Also f2d1 xx ice arrow and f2d13 ice arrow.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
plus you can d1 ice arrow, trait another one in and have time to do an instant air dead on again leaving you at +21
Are you sure about this?? this would be an infinite if it worked. you need to hit them to get the +21, and you lose frames landing after the dead on hits, so I don't believe you are truly at +21.

Have you tested this on a blocking computer?

Im at work but will test this when I get home.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
jumping down arrows bud :)

ice arrow and dead on resets them to standing and gives +21...maybe its useless or theres other shit GA would rather do i dunno

Kool. Well, It's actually more useful than what I sometimes do (which is J2 into F2) since it builds meter and looks kool but damage and frame advantage wise it's the same. Good Stuff.

I think I'mma start using J2 into Dead On now instead of J2 into F2. Overall though, It's not that worth it since you're still sacrificing ~8% damage and not having and Arrow loaded for the threat of his 50/50s.

It's good to throw in there though, because it gets in their heads sometimes and you kan build on other mix ups instead.

Karnage

i ju
Are you sure about this?? this would be an infinite if it worked. you need to hit them to get the +21, and you lose frames landing after the dead on hits, so I don't believe you are truly at +21.

Have you tested this on a blocking computer?

Im at work but will test this when I get home.
i just tested this is on myself again, dead on can be blocked but i couldnt dash back out of it or do anything else, so standing block is the only way to beat that, but i guess it could be mixed up with the cross up ...just guessing but it would get dashed out of i would think

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Alright guys trying to get into GA a bit more and i havnt seen anyone post this so sorry if i am repeating whats already been suggested/asked.

But why dont you guys end combos with ice arrow and dead on? Ice arrow gets them standing again and dead on will give +21 frame advantage plus you are right next to them for follow up pressure.

J3, 22 ice arrow, dead on 22%
B3, j3 3 ice arrow, dead on 28%
113 j2 11 ice arrow, dead on 24%

F213 ice arrow, dead on 17%

im sure you guys have better combos, i main nightwing, GA is fairly new to me
Similar reset is after icy arrow, stock another icy arrow and go for F2D1~icy arrow or F2D12 or B2D~icy arrow, but you are dropping some damage. Use it only if you need that little meter to build for the super reset. Your reset doesn't give you much damage after because you don't have another icy arrow stocked. The best use of it is if you have Super. Use the plus frames to go for F2D13(block or hit) into super. Still there are better ways to to set this up, but good to have it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Similar reset is after icy arrow, stock another icy arrow and go for F2D1~icy arrow or F2D12 or B2D~icy arrow, but you are dropping some damage. Use it only if you need that little meter to build for the super reset. Your reset doesn't give you much damage after because you don't have another icy arrow stocked. The best use of it is if you have Super. Use the plus frames to go for F2D13(block or hit) into super. Still there are better ways to to set this up, but good to have it.
What's the point of doing ice arrow, stock ice arrow, f2d1 xx icearrow. First of all, the ice arrow doesn't work, then why would you do that over a full b3 combo? You basically waste 25% of damage for nothing.

The only moment when you should be doing that is if you have a super.

Also, the best string that leaves you in advantage on hit is f2d1 xx arrow.

Karnage

when i had this in mind i was more thinking about something like this

ice arrow is stocked. j3 22 ice arrow dead on, then 113 launcher, i think in total this is about 47% and you have ice arrow stocked again...but then i forget how sucky 113 is...

Roko1985

What's the point of doing ice arrow, stock ice arrow, f2d1 xx icearrow. First of all, the ice arrow doesn't work, then why would you do that over a full b3 combo? You basically waste 25% of damage for nothing.

The point is if you are close to super and you need that meter and you don't want them to go anywhere. Plus your opponent is getting frustrating.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
when i had this in mind i was more thinking about something like this

ice arrow is stocked. j3 22 ice arrow dead on, then 113 launcher, i think in total this is about 47% and you have ice arrow stocked again...but then i forget how sucky 113 is...
I like the idea for sure, but I just don't think you can combo after Dead on, I haven't messed with it much though I will admit,

I basically only use the move to stop myself from hitting the ground to avoid moves like tridents and Nightwing bullshit, or I MB it to try win a round if people are expecting a cross over J3.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
The point is if you are close to super and you need that meter and you don't want them to go anywhere. Plus your opponent is getting frustrating.
Lol, it's true, I do all sorts of dumb crazy shit, and people do get really frustrated and just start trying to mash shit out on you, and thats when you can really take advantage of shit, I think it's a good tactic to throw people of there game,

Karnage

yeah i dont think you can combo, i was literally just hoping to frame trap them and follow up with a launcher. 113 can be ducked, f2 and 2 starters can be backdashed but thats all.

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
In a game where wake up attacks can be really strong, characters like GA benefits greatly from a standing reset in to 15+ advantage for sure. I would praise the idea of ending a combo with dead on on a standing opponent if it wasn't for the fact that you can't reset with this and have a new ice arrow stocked. You can of course re stock an ice arrow and then do the dead on, but the opponent will be able to block this, and dead on is - frames on block if I am not mistaken.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I generally end my combos with J2, 22~savage Blast which allows me to reload arrow immediately, now this one, i dunno...

It's cool that you're thinking outside of the box and trying to come up with new tech, but I don;t see any benefits to doing this. You're sacrificing damage, and thats not good, because this character has shit damage to begin with. The other issue is that you don't get a free arrow load and this is crucial in certain matchups where loading an arrow outside of a knockdown or plus string will egt you punished hard. Also, What pressure exactly are you going to do to the opponent without an electric or ice arrow loaded? At best you'll hit them with no more than 15% damage or just get a string blocked and maybe sneak an arrow load. At worst you'll eat a wakeup attack that could potentially lead into you being comboed. Just my 2 cents

Karnage

I generally end my combos with J2, 22~savage Blast which allows me to reload arrow immediately, now this one, i dunno...
yeah, i guess its a gamble tbh...no arrow but if 113 does launch them you can still get 25% and stock the arrow, i guess you could train them to stand to block the 113 so it launches but its probably too great of a risk. b2 after dead on seems to beat out any counter pokes and they cant dash back, plus its overhead so it might train them to stand, thats where you catch them with 113

thanks for the replies anyway dudes...i am so desperately trying to get on with GA but he is damn hard to use

Roko1985

Lol, it's true, I do all sorts of dumb crazy shit, and people do get really frustrated and just start trying to mash shit out on you, and thats when you can really take advantage of shit, I think it's a good tactic to throw people of there game,
I know! They think that they can poke after you stock the arrow or do something else and then bang. The F2D13 is plus on block and if you hold the arrow after blocked you make them shit them self. In the corner is where this strategy shines. After each F2 hit you get 29% damage and they are frozen again. I wait for the super with G. Arrow. Build meter and then blow them.

Roko1985

What if you started the combo with B3? Give me your best combo option after B3 starter or 113 electric arrow into frozen opponent! There is a use for that. You may be a good G.Arrow player, but that doesn't mean you know everything about him. From that what you are saying, I have the picture that you are playing him like: take damage and stock an icy arrow. Now lets find a way to get in! Agains good Sinestro...... Good luck!

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
What if you started the combo with B3? Give me your best combo option after B3 starter or 113 electric arrow into frozen opponent! There is a use for that. You may be a good G.Arrow player, but that doesn't mean you know everything about him. From that what you are saying, I have the picture that you are playing him like: take damage and stock an icy arrow. Now lets find a way to get in! Agains good Sinestro...... Good luck!
Oh god that english.

B3 > J3 > j2 > 223 xx db4 or B3 > J3 > B23 xx db4.

113 is a horrible combo starter.

And GA v Sinestro is 5-5 imo.

113 is ass in general. That shit has no reach, you literally have to be almost point blank for it to hit. And off a jumpin that shit whiffs, that is if you are crazy enough to jump in. Jumping in with green arrow is an invitation to get blown to chunks with that floaty no gravity outer space jump. People are giving this character too much credit. He really is limited when it comes to damage potential, meter building, and mixups. Even his zoning is sub par. All his mixups are just gimmicks that revolve around that ice arrow and a dream of a d1 or f2 starter which are all easily blocked , and nullified, and LBSH, they lead to little damage so the opponent won't be terrified of eating an ice arrow or two, it really isn;t that much of a threat unless he has full meter. To be effective with this character you really have to mindfuck your opponent , get random and unpredictable and work overtime. The up players can say what they will, but this character needs a tiny bit of love from NRS. The green sparrow..........................