What's new

CMK Mortal Kombat II Online PS3 Tournament - SIGNUPS

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
UPDATE: Tourney cancelled (See below post)

This spot reserved for brackets/rules. See following post!

SCHEDULE & DEADLINES (subject to change)
------------------------------------------------

Duration =

Green boxes = openings (2 days to complete): Deadline
Yellow boxes = quarterfinals (2 days to complete) : Deadline
Orange boxes = semifinals (2 days to complete): Deadline
Red boxes = CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL MATCH (1 day to complete):

TOURNAMENT FOOTAGE
-------------------------------

None yet.

OFFICIAL LIST OF KOMBATANTS (9/16)
---------------------------------------------------

RULES
--------

- PSN (USA/CAN) players only. To prevent multiple anonymous entrants, you must be an existing member of CMK to participate.

- Single elimination, first to 7 wins. Once you've accumulated 7 wins, you do NOT need to continue playing.

- Once brackets are posted, you will receive 2 days to complete your opening match with your opponent and post results of your match by 11:59 pm est of the deadline date.

- You do not need to record your match, but please write down your scores (ie. 7-5 or 2-7) and character matchups if you remember them.

- Tourney duration will be 1 week (2 days for openings, 2 days for quarterfinals, 2 days for semifinals and 1 day for the CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH).

- To avoid unfair counterpicking, all matches MUST be done using RANDOM SELECT.

DISQUALIFICATIONS
-------------------

- If a player selects a character without random select that match will NOT count. If you accidentally pick Liu Kang or Reptile then the match will not count and be omitted. (If you need to message your opponent in game for whatever reason then let the timer run out on the character select screen).

- If a player willingly quits then that player is eliminated for the entire tourney *lag exception see below.

- If a player no-shows a match or does not complete their matches they are disqualified.

- If a player does not post results of their match they will be disqualified.

EXCEPTIONS
------------

- If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (and any previous round victories are awarded to the player who earned it). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory than the player has a right to report it. (if you click the ps3 button you will see if the person is still playing mk2... if it doesn't than they've manually exited the game).

- You will have up to the 3rd match to drop on account of serious lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 3rd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must FIRST notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this asap in this thread in order to get a new opponent otherwise you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to quarterfinal matches. Semi's and Finals must be played regardless of lag.

- If a person is lagging severely with several people, that player may be removed from the tourney.

- If a person is DQ'ed, and another opponent cannot be found for the remaining player, then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, than the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in quarterfinals. If a replacement player is needed in the semi's or finals, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring eliminated player. If there is a tie than the winner will get to pick.

UPDATE CONCERNING LAG
-------------------------

- To optimize internet speed and ensure a solid connection, if you have a computer or laptop running in the background while playing, for the duration of your matchup:

Please DO NOT

- have any torrents running
- any downloads running
- streaming videos running (ie. Youtube)
- any intensive internet surfing
- any 2.4 ghz cordless telephone calls

North America PSN MKII Tourney History :
-----------------------------------------------------

1st Official MKII PS3 Tournament hosted by Goofart w/Dubson
16 Player Random Select | Winner va380
August 2008

2nd Official MKII PS3 Tournament hosted by Dookiebrain w/Tim Static
32 Player Random Select | Winner real_talk718
November 2008

Official MK2 PS3 Tourney III hosted by DCIguy
26 Player Random Select | Winner ariadelano
March 2009

USA MK2 PS3 TOURNAMENT hosted by wazz
16 Player Random Select | Winner david_gem
October 2009

Winter '10 USA PSN MK2 Tourney hosted by DCIguy
16 Player Random Select | Winner codo27
January 2010

Spring '10 USA PSN MK2 Tournament hosted by DCIguy
12 Player NO Random | Winner DCIguy
May 2010

CQC Skills MK2 PSN Tournament hosted by DCIguy
8 player NO Special Moves | Winner gamemk
June 2010

Props to MKwarehouse for the sprites!

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
I talked to Scheiss a few months ago about possibly holding another MKII tourney eventually but due to my schedule did not have the time. I did want to hold one in early feb when I was available for a little bit, but coincidentally Dci was running a kaillera tourney and I did not want them to conflict. Since that tourney has now concluded, I thought I would check around and see if anybody was interested in participating in another tourney on the PS3 (North America). The format will be the same as usual - long tourney format - 16 player random select. I will update rules shortly and post brackets once the 16 entrants goal have been reached, I anticipate the tourney will run for 1 week so I hope this thing could get off the ground by tonight/tomorrow if there is enough interest.

Also I know a lot of the oldskool PSN players are rusty (myself included). But the purpose of the tourney is to have fun. Hopefully a bunch of the veteran MK'ers will put aside any egos, enter and just have a good time :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm out for time being. My schedule is gonna be hectic over the next week. I'll let ya know later this weekend for sure.

I'm in. No chance of winning, but really, really, need the practice against higher level comp. Plus, I've always had fun in past tourneys.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
Whomever I Kombat, they will need to know that I work nights, so we will need to speak privately as to set up a time. If I can't get something worked out, I may need to bow out. I don't think that will be the case, but I need to say this before-hand.

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
I'll leave registrations open till sunday midnight. If we don't get 16 players by then, I'll put the tourney on hold until a future date when I'm free for about a week (which may not be for a long while).