What's new

closing the distance as reptile

How does reptile close in on ermac's, scorpions (who randomly spam hellfire), smokes and teleporters in general who spam moves and keep their distance

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
With Ermac, once you get a slow forceball on the screen, just dash elbow behind it. Oftentimes, the forceball will hit Ermac before his lift or push finish, allowing you to get in easier.

Scorpion, it's really just jumping out of the hellfire. But you have to be wary of spear.

Smoke...just dash elbow. Smoke bomb does not track well enough to tag you during it.

Reptile's mobility in general comes from dash elbow. And teleports...all teleport attacks are punishable when blocked.

i always get teleport countered when i try to forceball from a distance, any advice on that? should i just resort to dash against teleporters?

Milk

Snake eyes
Dash elbow is one of your best movement tools. Against Ermac I just slow forceball and dash elbow behind it. Rely on ground mix ups. Do your combo and hit them to the ground, and try to do some dash elbow mix ups. If they are dumb enough to try to wake up attack, forceball at the end of your dash elbows. Scorp, you can usually see spears coming, so, if you can't get out of the way, do acid spit. It'll hit him before he has time to reel you in for the combo. Smoke, dash elbow is his bane. Gets out of the way of smoke balls, you can bait a tele/smoke move thing, get a combo going.

Dash elbow is one of your best movement tools. Against Ermac I just slow forceball and dash elbow behind it. Rely on ground mix ups. Do your combo and hit them to the ground, and try to do some dash elbow mix ups. If they are dumb enough to try to wake up attack, forceball at the end of your dash elbows. Scorp, you can usually see spears coming, so, if you can't get out of the way, do acid spit. It'll hit him before he has time to reel you in for the combo. Smoke, dash elbow is his bane. Gets out of the way of smoke balls, you can bait a tele/smoke move thing, get a combo going.
What can I do if the ermac player always teleports when I begin a forceball?? Is it possible to dash before the teleport or something cuz I always get interrupted.

Milk

Snake eyes
Try to put him in a position where his only option is to teleport. Bait the teleport out, make him think you're coming to him, when he tries to teleport, block and punish, if you think you won't land a combo, or you crack, just hit an uppercut. Close distance with elbow, if he tries to teleport behind you, or you think he will try to, get him with a combo, and he if blocks it, try to dash before he teleports, and cancel the dash with block. You just have to read the ones who can teleport. I have more problems with Cyrax than Ermac any day. But, I can see why it's difficult. All match ups take practice, due to Reptile, with the exception of Dash Elbow, being a bit less mobile than others, and having a bit of down time on his combos, you just have to plan your moves a few steps in advance, and make good reads.

In my experience, playing my friend who's got a pretty legit Ermac, the match can go either way. If he keeps you at his distance, and keeps tagging you on messed up Forceballs, dash elbows, or slides, it's his game. If you don't let him get distance, and actually get close to him, not a lot he can do. If you keep the pressure on with combos, and he tries to teleport away, block, and punish hard.