What's new

close rune after b+3, 1+2 not working

Honfar

Noob
in tom's living guide this combo is listed:

b+21, dash b+21, dash b+11~trance, jump-in punch~b+3 1+2~close rune.
it doesn't seem to work for me they fall too fast help please!

I think that must've been before the patch that removed the ability to cancel b+3,1+2 into specials... try b+3,1+2, dash, uppercut instead if you want raw damage midscreen, or b+1,1 xx close rune if you want raw damage in the corner. I'd usually just do 1,1 xx Sky Drop though so you can follow-up with a rune trap/pressure.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Yup even if you could still do that ender I wouldn't bother with it.

^I don't actually think you can get the uppercut after the 12 in that combo, I think max damage ender is something like jip 124 or jip f21 12. Either way after the trance your best off going with jip 21 ex skull for a free blocked jip in mixup/ pressure or throw, or jip 11 skydrop.

^ You can do the uppercut, and it does about 1% more than b+1,1 > close/mid rune and 2% more than 2,1,4 and f+2,1,1+2. Still wouldn't really do it, though... I'd rather do b+1,1 > mid rune for the meter and better recovery time, though I think 1,1 xx Sky Drop is almost always better than both of them anyway.

I haven't really experimented much with 2,1 xx EX Skull; I always felt the meter gain and damage off 11 xx Sky Drop > guaranteed Rune Trap wasn't worth the trade off for a slightly better mix-up. You can still force the opponent to block or get hit by b+3, 2, 1, f+2, etc. after an EX Rune, so couldn't you just mix them up there with u+3 anyway once they start blocking the follow-up Quan Chi pressure? I definitely see the advantage in doing 2,1 xx EX Skull on hit-confirm when doing the Rune Trap, though.