What's new

Close combat questions...

NoDoubt

nasty
These may have been asked before or commonly asked but how exactly do you throw someone if they are holding block + down + back? Lately iv been getting thrown numerously during matches...especially in the corner while doing this and usually ask the player how they do it, but no one responds. If its a secret trick, id like to know : P Do some characters have that priority?

Also, do some characters have a better countering-ability to start off combos? Sometimes if I jump over the opponent and begin a combo, their combo will still counter mine. Even if they are turned around for a slight second. Do some characters have priority counter-combos over others? Does it have to do with the combos tap combination on the controller? Like...some characters need very strong timing to string a combo in a given situation like Shangs 5-hitter.

NoDoubtArion said:
These may have been asked before or commonly asked but how exactly do you throw someone if they are holding block + down + back? Lately iv been getting thrown numerously during matches...especially in the corner while doing this and usually ask the player how they do it, but no one responds. If its a secret trick, id like to know : P Do some characters have that priority?
im betting u r trying to escape or counter 2 early and u let go of down back block at the wrong time. thats what happens when i get thrown.

and if ur stuck in the corner u better pray u get thrown (against some ppl......cuz corner rape is a bitch lol)

NoDoubt

nasty
Tim Static said:
dont worry about blocking....

trying sweeping and more importantly.....TOE TAP!!
haha yes...the toe taps are key. Sweeping is always essential, but sometimes gets countered of course by throws : (

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
You had asked me during our games the other day about this. I didn't answer because there is no trick. It's all in the timing. You can appear to be blocking or think you press block early enough, but still get thrown because the timing was off. It happens to me all the time. I can see it coming, I press B+D+Block, and still get thrown because I didn't do it fast enough. It happens to all of us.

X820

Noob
NoDoubtArion said:

Also, do some characters have a better countering-ability to start off combos? Sometimes if I jump over the opponent and begin a combo, their combo will still counter mine. Even if they are turned around for a slight second. Do some characters have priority counter-combos over others? Does it have to do with the combos tap combination on the controller? Like...some characters need very strong timing to string a combo in a given situation like Shangs 5-hitter.
You have to remember that you play in lag situations man ;)

Holding block might not registre on time sometimes, i get thrown or combo'd all the time on GW, while playing P2P I would not in certain scenarios.

NoDoubt

nasty
^ - O yea true true...I forgot lag even changes up framing lol. I remember seeing people jumping in Kung's "spinner" and not being hit cuz lag would save em : /

Damn lag....lol