What's new

Question - Grandmaster clone not coming out jumps back instead?

Hey guys i have a noob question i just picked up sub zero grandmaster but im having a problem in the corner i try to do the string that pops the enemy up i punch them then ice clone itll freeze him mid air and u can follow up but sometimes the clone doesnt come out but he jumps back instead why??? Can any one give me tips on how to do this consistant

Hey guys i have a noob question i just picked up sub zero grandmaster but im having a problem in the corner i try to do the string that pops the enemy up i punch them then ice clone itll freeze him mid air and u can follow up but sometimes the clone doesnt come out but he jumps back instead why??? Can any one give me tips on how to do this consistant
That means the opponent is to high up during the combo. Everything you need to know is in the reborn grand master thread. Good luck my friend!

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
What are you getting is the correct behavior.

Clone coming out so close is actually a broken bug that has never been fixed and it's allowing GM players to do 50% meterless.
Wait wat so even in ESL where that combo was shown many tim... Wait wha idk if the commentators talk to Paulo about the bug but Idk............................. OH MAI DAIS MADZIN WOTH THE READ

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
The whiff happens at some certain height. You'll notice that the 11~Ice Klone works. If you test that, you'll see that it's ABOVE the Sub Zero's head, while if you try the B12~Ice Klone, you'll notice that when Sub Zero's fists connect with the juggled opponent at the height of where the fists are, then the Ice Klone works. BETWEEN those borders (above the fists and at the same height where his head is) DO NOT WORK. If you get them at the correct height, then you can freeze them spot on. If it's within that height area, it'll whiff.

With some practice you'll get the correct timing for your Ice Klone. Good luck.

P.S.: This is the most hated situation, and this is why it fucks up certain good meterless combos.

The whiff happens at some certain height. You'll notice that the 11~Ice Klone works. If you test that, you'll see that it's ABOVE the Sub Zero's head, while if you try the B12~Ice Klone, you'll notice that when Sub Zero's fists connect with the juggled opponent at the height of where the fists are, then the Ice Klone works. BETWEEN those borders (above the fists and at the same height where his head is) DO NOT WORK. If you get them at the correct height, then you can freeze them spot on. If it's within that height area, it'll whiff.

With some practice you'll get the correct timing for your Ice Klone. Good luck.

P.S.: This is the most hated situation, and this is why it fucks up certain good meterless combos.
I thought it was just me who hated how sub's klone worked with all the whiffing issues. I mean I always thought that with enough practice I woyldbt mind it so much but I honestly believe that whiffing issue can be adjusted at least.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I thought it was just me who hated how sub's klone worked with all the whiffing issues. I mean I always thought that with enough practice I woyldbt mind it so much but I honestly believe that whiffing issue can be adjusted at least.
It should have frozen the opponents, according to that system's rule to freeze the opponent once. The whiff worsens things up there. And thanks to this, many players do take advantage of it. Not even EX Ice Klone works properly. This Ice Klone needs a bit of a tweak to its height area to stop being whiffed.

The same applies for the anti-air whiffs, meaning when someone jumps in you, you want to do the Ice Klone by reaction, but instead it whiffs.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Unique clone buff suggestion, guiz. SZ should have the ability to get a BJ from his clone to restore his health back to 100% and have sex with it for infinite health.