What's new

Chris G goes 1 - 2 with broken character OP Kenshi

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I said it. Pig said it. And anyone else who said it took shit for dismissing this guy. People collectively freaked out that Chris G was picking Kenshi and "taking the game seriously". Kenshi's soooo overpowered, and surely the zoning MvC3 master would be bodying our community left and right.

We told you it wasn't going to work. I guess maybe next time, when he takes the game and character extra super duper serious.

And the only thing sweeter than seeing Chris G lose again at MK, is Pig's giant grin while it happened.

(Just to clarify) I don't give a shit about whether Chris G does well or not. I'm a fan of his in Marvel. This thread is directed to all those morons that thought just because Chris G was picking up Kenshi and doing some training in New York that he could waltz into a major and walk all over people who love this game and have committed 2 years of their lives to mastering it. You are all on blast for have such little faith in your community and also for thinking that a character could be picked up by someone who is basically an outsider and ridden to top 8.

EMPEROR_THEO

I only use characters with wakeup scoops.
On that note, 16bit went 2-3(?) against Pig at Frosty Faustings. The MM was over before it even began.

Lulzlou

Noob
All this proves is you need to put in a lot of time in the game and the character in order to be good with him. ChrisG obviously sees this and its up to him to decide to keep playing the game like he was. People blowing him up because of it need to stop. His Kenshi looked like he knew what he was doing but you could tell it was a new character to him. He was humble about it on The On Blast show and pretty much said he hope he does well.

If he was talking mad shit then go ahead blow him up. Let the man have fun with the game and be a part of the community.

All this proves is you need to put in a lot of time in the game and the character in order to be good with him. ChrisG obviously sees this and its up to him to decide to keep playing the game like he was. People blowing him up because of it need to stop. His Kenshi looked like he knew what he was doing but you could tell it was a new character to him. He was humble about it on The On Blast show and pretty much said he hope he does well.

If he was talking mad shit then go ahead blow him up. Let the man have fun with the game and be a part of the community.
I never QFT, but QFT.
If we freak out about this, we are no better then the 13 year old girls that treat pop stars like they aren't real people.

Lulzlou

Noob
I never QFT, but QFT.
If we freak out about this, we are no better then the 13 year old girls that treat pop stars like they aren't real people.
Seriously lol
We hate that people bash our game from other communities but we are doing the same thing in a way. I get that these people are big in other communities and it puts a target on their back. It still doesn't mean we should blow them up for stupid reasons. I always respected ChrisG because he blows the game up (not the community) when he gets salty but still comes back and competes. I'm almost positive that he thinks the game is fun since he keeps coming back.

Its the same thing with Digimon, which is why I still respect him.

I understand not everyone can be good guys and people love drama so nothing I say will matter lol

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Why would Chris G give a fuck about MK9 when he is so busy winning at Marvel? Lol

Pretty sure he is still in winners for AE too. He is a great player who DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THIS GAME, so why do we care so much about what he is doing with his character selection? Lol

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Point of this thread is simple, everyone needs to get the fucking hint Kenshi IS NOT brain dead and not even top fighting game players can use him and succeed.

And for the people saying it was a "2 Day Kenshi" the guy had over a month and has been training with the brothers. NOT JUST ONCE.

ecilA

Noob
I said it. Pig said it. And anyone else who said it took shit for dismissing this guy. People collectively freaked out that Chris G was picking Kenshi and "taking the game seriously". Kenshi's soooo overpowered, and surely the zoning MvC3 master would be bodying our community left and right.

We told you it wasn't going to work. I guess maybe next time, when he takes the game and character extra super duper serious.

And the only thing sweeter than seeing Chris G lose again at MK, is Pig's giant grin while it happened.
Honestly I would like to know why you and Pig of the Hut both go out of your way to make it seem like kenshi is not top 3. Can i ask why you two think Kenshi is not broken?

inb4 "Shang beats Kenshi 6-4 just no one but Woundcowboy plays it right"

The player behind the character (Chris g) not playing good has nothing to do with how good a character is i would imagine

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Honestly I would like to know why you and Pig of the Hut both go out of your way to make it seem like kenshi is not top 3. Can i ask why you two think Kenshi is not broken?

inb4 "Shang beats Kenshi 6-4 just no one but Woundcowboy plays it right"

The player behind the character (Chris g) not playing good has nothing to do with how good a character is i would imagine
Pfft. Who's saying Kenshi isn't top 3? I'm sure not. There's a huge different between saying a character isn't top tier, and saying you can't just pick up a character and expect to win with him. The whole point is that people say Kenshi is easy mode, yet no one can pick him up and win with him in tournament.

CrazyBread

Princess Diana
Point of this thread is simple, everyone needs to get the fucking hint Kenshi IS NOT brain dead and not even top fighting game players can use him and succeed.

And for the people saying it was a "2 Day Kenshi" the guy had over a month and has been training with the brothers. NOT JUST ONCE.
Actually Maxter said that Chris G came over to their house once played for like 2-3 hours and never came back. He even learned Kenshi's specials there. Honestly, I don't know what Chris G's mindset was accepting Bit's MM and claiming he should have won (Twitter) against 2 years of experience. When he put absolutely no time in, though if he could have gone to Reptile I think it would have gone differently.

ecilA

Noob
Pfft. Who's saying Kenshi isn't top 3? I'm sure not. There's a huge different between saying a character isn't top tier, and saying you can't just pick up a character and expect to win with him. The whole point is that people say Kenshi is easy mode, yet no one can pick him up and win with him in tournament.
Arent high tiers in this game considered overpowered yes? The top 2 must be very overpowered which is why they are at the top i would imagine. You mocked players who think kenshi is very overpowered in the first post but is it not true? I would imagine so

I have heard and seen that Kabal & Kenshi are the easiest people to win with in this game at max level. I know Pig of the hut (Kenshi) is the only one to make top 8 at recent stacked tournaments but so is Kabal (reo). I would think the more number of people you have winning with a character does not mean the stronger the character is.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Why would Chris G give a fuck about MK9 when he is so busy winning at Marvel? Lol

Pretty sure he is still in winners for AE too. He is a great player who DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THIS GAME, so why do we care so much about what he is doing with his character selection? Lol
Amen. Bunch of Chris G haters drinking their haterade.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations

Obviously he doesn't care. But the fact is that plenty of people were hyping him up simply because he said he was taking it seriously now, and that he was using KENSHI OMG!!! As if that was going to make any difference at all. No one is blowing up Chris G over losing at a game he doesn't like. But everyone who was hyping him up cause he was using Kenshi is on blast.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Amen. Bunch of Chris G haters drinking their haterade.
I think was not so much a response to Chris G, who played well for only a couple weeks practice -- as it is to everyone who was claiming that an outsider would be able to defeat our community's most talented and hardest working players with ease, after only a couple weeks of leveling up.

It's just a reminder to everyone that great players in any FG are made through months of hard work, training, and learning from your mistakes.. Not through a couple weeks of woodshedding.