What's new

chicago MK UNITE..!!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Last week we played on ps3, but I know most of us have dual modded sticks. If you can only play on 360, I'd bring your copy of the game so we can use it in one of Doc's 360's. I'll try to bring my Asus monitor so we have an extra setup, as well.

Pete

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Hm. I have a setup I can bring, but my Xbox is somewhat unreliable. I'll bring the stick, game, and monitor. Thanks Pete. I'll have to figure out how to get this dual modded.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
They have a bunch of 360's there I think, so you should be fine. What kind of stick are you using?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
A friend and I are coming up from Springfield. We're planning on getting there in the afternoon. Anyone going to be there for MK casuals before the tournament? I can bring an asus monitor and either ps3 or 360.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Yeah I'll prolly show up early. I never get the chance for offline play, might as well take advantage.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I will be there around 6:30 or 7 and be down for casuals before and after the tournament

The tournament thread specifically states it'll be played on PS3.

I actually don't know of anyone who plays on a PDP but maybe you'll have some luck.

I'll be there around 5-6 PM.

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Hm, must have missed the tournament thread. If the converter doesn't show up today I'm SOL and prolly won't show up. Unfavorable.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hm, must have missed the tournament thread. If the converter doesn't show up today I'm SOL and prolly won't show up. Unfavorable.
Sorry to hear that man, I say reconsider coming out tho.

I cant speak for other players or the TO, but if you had a match against me I would have no problem going on Xbox to accomedate if it would be possible. There are a few ps3 pad players and isaac uses a ps3 only hitbox, though. However, I cant speak for pete, but he's a really nice guy and uses a dual mod traditional style mk stick like the pdp and if it came down to it he would prob let you borrow his stick for your matches. This is a local tournament so don't feel like we would be completly unaccommedating as if its a big major tournament.

That aside, if you come out I guarentee I would play casuals with you. To add to that, I can almost guarentee you would level up significantly from coming out!

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I must be a Jedi because when I left home this morning, I sensed someone would want to use the pdp I've been working on dual modding. It works great except it has no start/select or guide buttons active. As long as the other player starts the game, it would work fine for you.

Pete

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Thanks for the support guys. As luck would have it, the converter came today. No way to test it, though, so if something goes wrong at least I'll have a backup. I'll be heading out here shortly.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Wednesday was pretty epic, lots of great players came out. If you were in the area and didn't show up, you missed out on some great matches and leveling up your game big time. I believe next Wed. is casuals only, but I'm still showing up to practice (I need it!)

Is anyone picking up Kitana? :) No one here plays her, we were not ready to face 16-bits kitana at all...

-Pete

Unfortunately I only play characters I find fun (Cyrax Nightwolf Kano Scorpion Rain Kenshi ) or characters that are extremely good that I might as well play and abuse (Cyrax Nightwolf Kenshi)

Oh hey...

The Kitana Nightwolf matchup is pretty fun actually since her X-Ray is reflectable. But fans mid combo are not reflectable. I can do the EX Reflect glitch if he goes into the EX Fan cancel combo and punish him but that's a wild guess and he might just use fan lift to negate the glitch but give me a wakeup option (Lulz shoulder/lightning on wakeup. What a mixup)

Kitana Cyrax is terrible since she can punish teleports with anything.

Kitana Kano is a good matchup for Kano in my experience since Kitana has to alter her fans a slight bit so she can't get air balled out of them if I jump. But that usually means more startup so random horizontal balls will start getting through in the zoning game. Not to mention I could just X-Ray through one and punish for 41% unlike the other two characters.

I think Scorpion has a good matchup against Kitana too.

Also, I'd be more worried about Raiden at EVO than Kitana. Just saying.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Yeah, raiden can be a pain if the opponent knows what to do.

Is anyone going to GGA tonight? I'll be there at around 10pm.

Pete

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
GGs guys. I'll be back Aug 13th for Chicago Heart. :headbang:

The two characters I fear most now are Kano & Reptile. With both of them it's very easy to fall behind in the projectile battle. Reptile is particularly bad because the price for fucking up is high and giving up the zoning game and trying to get in isn't a good answer.

Kitana vs. Scorpion heavily favors her. Instant Air Fan blows up his zoning. He really has no options until he gets meter and can try to get me to block an EX teleport so he can go into his high risk/high reward mixups.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Tactics on SRK said GGA gamerooms are going to be open for casuals tonight...is anyone interested?

-Pete

JkOC

Noob
Im in the Chicagoland area, when and where do you guys play? I saw Wednesday, but couldn't figure out where, or details on playing, like if it costs money, if it's just MK, do you just show up, ect.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
I was about to get ready to head out to GGA and then I got stung by a wasp; now my ear is swollen and I'm all tired from taking antihistamine to combat it. Sorry guys! I lose...animality!

-Pete