What's new

Chest Saw - Possible Patch

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Hi Guys.

I posted in my twitter ''TheLocustToyBox'' to Paulo Garcia about Cyrax's chest saw having no use what so ever.

It breaks neither a Low Block or Standing Block, It wiffs for around 2.5 seconds on Block, and it takes no priority over any of his other moves.

Reverse Kick/Rag Doll - Has good range, ends a combo with more percent than the Chest Saw.

Anti Air/Air Throw - Take priority over any of his anti air moves. Even more than uppercut or back 3.

Chest saw does nothing...

So Paulo replied to my twitter, I asked him if they would ever change his chest saw to break low blocks, he said they have considered changing it to a mid and its still on going.

Failing that, they could easily give it a property that gives no ability to tech roll...or both?

So thats good news.

What do you guys think?

And yes, I know the EH move is a projectile, great for the last 8-2%. But the special is useless.

subs ground ice is useless, should they buff that?

the character is fine w/o the chest saw and tbh, the chest saw is such risk that the reward is not worth it even if they make it overhead.

UsedForGlue

the character is fine w/o the chest saw and tbh, the chest saw is such risk that the reward is not worth it even if they make it overhead.
Agreed, it would still not be worth it if it still had the massive risk on block, the only other idea I had was to make the chest saw have no tech roll after a hit, giving it a reason to be used after a combo. It does have unbreakable properties, but again, so does his air throw, so another move still takes priority over it.

And yes, I am the sort of person that thinks, what is the point in a particular move if it can't be used to any good effect. It may as well not be there at all.

The sub-zero floor freeze has the potential to be an amazing move, would you not like it have more purpose? Considering you are very strong with Sub-Zero.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Not every move is useful. This has been the norm in fighters since the beginning. No need to buff a move for a character who is already very strong.

UsedForGlue

Not every move is useful. This has been the norm in fighters since the beginning. No need to buff a move for a character who is already very strong.
It does not matter to me about tradition or the way things have always been.

We should have useless moves and keep them that way because thats the way it has always been, I mean no disrespect, but for me, thats not a good enough reason.

if ground ice was better sub-zero would be broken and unfair. there are reasons why moves are less useful....

Eshi

Noob
there really isn't anything they can do to the saw to buff it enough to be worthwhile. Who cares if its an overhead, you'd be risking 8% on a move with a million recovery frames and can't be followed up. The only way it would see use is with a damage buff to make it a better ender than everything else, but then reverse kick is useless and cyrax does insane damage in the first place.

Plus the saw does have a use, it can create a mid combo reset.

UsedForGlue

there really isn't anything they can do to the saw to buff it enough to be worthwhile. Who cares if its an overhead, you'd be risking 8% on a move with a million recovery frames and can't be followed up. The only way it would see use is with a damage buff to make it a better ender than everything else, but then reverse kick is useless and cyrax does insane damage in the first place.

Plus the saw does have a use, it can create a mid combo reset.
Even sub-zeros slide on its own could be considered ''not worth it'' because of how easily punished it can be after a low block.

And im not about arguing to get my point to be agreed with, my only question is ''what is the point in a move if it is not worth using?'' Why not make a use for it? give it at least a reason, even make his chest saw have no tech rolling after knockdown, give it properties that push your opponent back to safe distance on block, so it has a specific use.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Can someone confirm wether or not the chest saw can be breakered? because i havent had it broken yet. If its unbreakerable , id say it has some use..

Steb

Noob
The saw is unbreakable. Air grab is actually breakable. So if you wanted to finish someone with an unbreakable combo, you can do EH bombs > net > saw.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder

I think Cyrax needs armor on his net. And EX Ragdoll should work full screen. :)

NariTuba

disMember
3,3 should hit low, have a natural delay to be hit confirmable and stagger the opp long enough for a bomb trap :D

UsedForGlue

Just as a note, to anyone who wants to be a killjoy and say "it's still unsafe". Yes, correct but, it runs no more risk on block after a 121 or 123 than sub zeros slide after a 22,224 or 212 on block.