What's new

Cheetah Wake-up Tech that could be amazing...

So this is my first post on this site. It doesn't seem like the people on reddit are really interested in taking this game seriously, so I wanted to find another site the was more focused on discussing mechanics and tech and such.

Now, I don't play cheetah, but last night in practice I was messing around and think I found some really cool wake-up tech.

Basically you wake-up pounce, then dash-cancel backwards into a backdash for invincibility. You could also do the short pounce and instantly jump 1, but I haven't really messed around with that. The whole point of this is that the pounce will low-profile almost everything, and even if it doesn't you can just immediately backdash.

I've for sure tested this against another cheetah meaty timing her forward 2-2-3 string and it works everytime if you backlash the last hit (the overhead).

That's pretty much it. I'd love to hear what you guys think, or what you can find out about this set-up

Shit I think you're right. I thought wake-up backlash had more then 1 frame of start-up when coming off the ground

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Mods I'm not sure how to delete my own post, but it's cool if this gets deleted
It's ok. It's an interesting concept that also might work against those meaty jump ins or like a meaty projectile. Not a horrible idea that you had. Could come in handy later.

And yeah, reddit sucks for high level discussion. It's basically a place to show off gear or demand random DLC that will never happen.