What's new

Cheetah Combo Thread: Community Resource

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
It should. The timing is super tight. Try doing it late, like right when they are about to touch the ground. They can't be juggled before the first DP.
I must just suck haha. I can do it 50% of the time without trait but cant do it once with it for some reason.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Not sure if 'setup' is the right word, but I found that ending the 1-bar corner combos in DB2 leaves you at the perfect distance for a mid-lunge crossup or an IA pounce. Wakeup backdash can beat the pounce but not the lunge, and an antiair can beat the lunge but not all will beat the pounce (some still do), so the version you'll lean towards depends on the opponent's habits.

Combo into lunge:

112xDB2, D1xDB1MB, B3, dash forward, 112xDB2, mid-lunge, JI1, B2xDBF1

Combo into IA pounce:
112xDB2, D1xDB1MB, B3, dash forward, 112xDB2, Instant Air DB2MB, JI1, 112xDBF1

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
General Route: [STARTER]xxDB2, D1xxDB1ex, B3, dash under, 112xxDBF1 or DB1 or DB2
[STARTER]xxDB2, D1xxDB1ex, B3, walk, B2xxDB1

is more damage.
after that:

- pounce 1 to land in front
- far pounce for crossup 1

after crossup 1 it's possible to do d2xxPounce, 112 DB2 to put them back into the corner or end with DB1 should be the case that 112 starts from the wrong side

still having a lot of troubles connecting d1xxdb1 in corner after db2

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
[STARTER]xxDB2, D1xxDB1ex, B3, walk, B2xxDB1

is more damage.
after that:

- pounce 1 to land in front
- pounce 2 for crossup 1

after crossup 1 it's possible to do d2xxPounce, 112 DB2 to put them back into the corner or end with DB1 should be the case that 112 starts from the wrong side

still having a lot of troubles connecting d1xxdb1 in corner after db2
You aren't the only one! It reminds of a link Johnny had in the corner after ex-shadowkick. Gonna take some practice. Landing it is so nice though!

F3, J3, 112xxDBF1ex, dash forward, 112xxDBF1
for this combo, how are u able to make dash?
i mean i buffer dash as fast as i can, then i can only connect 112, opponent is too low and far from me to catch him with command throw ender.
What am i doing wrong?

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Are the combos in the OP updated and optimized?
Ummmmmmm... yes? If you know something I don't know, post it. I don't know every single thing people have been saying about this character. As far as I know, this is optimal. If it isn't, I'll update the OP again.

I don't think its optimal but its fun and swaggy; f3, j1, d1, db1ex, j1, d1, db1 or you could really end with anything but db1 puts them at a good distance though sometimes I like to use 223 to knock them far away.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
I don't think its optimal but its fun and swaggy; f3, j1, d1, db1ex, j1, d1, db1 or you could really end with anything but db1 puts them at a good distance though sometimes I like to use 223 to knock them far away.
Off F3 you can get a lot more damage and a better set up depending on position. J2, 112 connects after F3. Also d2, trait 112 connects. Gives you lots of options but still gives you some swag ;)

Audit

Falls down too much
Off F3 you can get a lot more damage and a better set up depending on position. J2, 112 connects after F3. Also d2, trait 112 connects. Gives you lots of options but still gives you some swag ;)
Why is no one using F3, j2, j2, 112xxwhatever? I feel like that's optimal, works mid-screen and it makes a 112xxdbf1 always hit. The trick is to hit the first j2 at the top of the jump arc and know that the second j2 will only hit once. Plus, you can just stop at the second j2 and do a F3 instead that corpse hops, crosses up the opponents inputs and is safe to wakeups. That only works if they don't tech roll but it's better to have a reset work without them tech rolling than the reset requiring it. I'm sure there's more ways to work this reset, but like I have so very little time to play and lab...

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Why is no one using F3, j2, j2, 112xxwhatever? I feel like that's optimal, works mid-screen and it makes a 112xxdbf1 always hit. The trick is to hit the first j2 at the top of the jump arc and know that the second j2 will only hit once. Plus, you can just stop at the second j2 and do a F3 instead that corpse hops, crosses up the opponents inputs and is safe to wakeups. That only works if they don't tech roll but it's better to have a reset work without them tech rolling than the reset requiring it. I'm sure there's more ways to work this reset, but like I have so very little time to play and lab...
Because F3, J3, 112xxDBF1 does a lot more damage.

I've been using this lately midscreen:
j3 112xxMB dbf1, b3, 1 step forward, 112xxdbf1 520 dmg, 1 bar

j3 is especially nice for batmen that like to wakeup parry a lot

EDIT: it does 468 dmg on superman, that 520 was on batman, oops

Last edited:
F3, J3, 112xxDBF1ex, dash forward, 112xxDBF1
for this combo, how are u able to make dash?
i mean i buffer dash as fast as i can, then i can only connect 112, opponent is too low and far from me to catch him with command throw ender.
What am i doing wrong?
I think this is a combo the only AI does alot. The execution probably has to be super on point for it to work lol

Important tech for the Cheetah mirror: after blocking the opponent's db2 you can punish with the following combo:

d2 xx trait, 112 xx dbf1 MB, b3, 112 xx db2

This does like 50%. It might also work for other unsafe moves that leave the opponent high in the air, like Bane's uppercut or something. I don't know, I only tested it on another Cheetah, cause I was curious if it works, and hey, it does.

Video example:

https://twitter.com/DolfyIB/status/880532169327656960