What's new

Strategy Checks and balances

Did you find this helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell naw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ill start off by saying im not the best at setting these things up and it does not help that im on a notebook that resets my cursor back halfway through a previous sentence. So i apologize in advance if this seems lazy but i would like to compile a list of checks and balances or universal checks and balances ( if there are any)in this game. Character specific checks are also welcomed ie Cassies flip kick stops Kitanas F112float pressure or female characters crouch blocking Kangs bicycle kick can punish. if anyone has and ideas on how to compile all this info in one forum as opposed to in the comments please give me an idea of how and i would love to do it.

Guess ill set it up like this : Problem then solution. ie problem poke wars. solution grab after a blocked poke from the opponent or start your own pressure that starts with a mid.

I feel as there are a lot of ways the game is meant to be played that should be more common and are not. Like how to deal with plus strings as both the attacker and the person on defense. Ex problem :after being plus 2 i poke, poke gets blocked my opponent starts pressure. solution grab after plus frames.

I hope as a community we can come up with as many problems as we can brainstorm and be kind enough to share our secrets to dealing with said problems and in doing so we can eliminate the mauling of enemies in 80% of our matches and spending the other 20% of our matches wondering what the Hell just happened.
Here are some of my own questions
tips for teching throws
when to backdash

Enjoy the mix
Axel Ps my post can only get better please be gentle

Yo, sup @axcelerate , I just read through this post this morning. So pretty much you want a way of fundamentally evaluating situations for specific scenarios right? For example:

When to look for a throw:
-When your opponent has failed to open you up on several attempts
-When your low on health (commonly used to close out a round)
-Tick throw options for specific character

When to backdash:
-If there character has a gap in there string
-When someone is running towards you (to throw off their spacing)

Something like this? I feel this would be helpful for beginner players. One thing I will say is that for specific characters, scenarios like these should be discussed in matchup discussion (which unfortunately there are more "Who is top 5 threads" being discussed than the former)