What's new

Cheap, useful Xbox 360 arcade sticks?

Niflheim

Noob
Anybody know any cheap, useful xbox 360 arcade sticks? I'd prefer under $60, and right now the Hori EX2 looks pretty good.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Cheap as in you dont want anything worth a shit?

I can get you an Xbox 360 stick for $100 plus shipping. Brand new, doesnt even have finger prints on it. And its got godlike buttons and a great stick on it.

if your looking to stay around $60 and/or get that Hori EX2 or that Tekken stick, might as well donate that $60 to charity that way something good comes of that $60.

Those sticks are poop.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
If you don't have Tekken you can try this bundle it's really cheap for the included stick:

http://www.amazon.com/Tekken-Limited-Wireless-Bundle-Xbox-360/dp/B002ED4DQI/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1311861804&sr=8-10

I'm thinking about buying it myself...never played Tekken though.
I gotta be honest, I have that stick and I've played the FUCK out of it since the day Tekken 6 came out and I've had no problems with it. I don't really understand why people shit on it so much. I'm able to do all my moves and combos with no problems. The stick is wireless, which is great, too. I use it for EVERY fighter I play. I've literally used it so much that the Tekken art on it has worn off around the stick area where my hand rests on it. We're talking hundreds of hours of use and it's still good to go.

If you're looking for the cheapest/best stick to start out with, I would highly recommend it.

I gotta be honest, I have that stick and I've played the FUCK out of it since the day Tekken 6 came out and I've had no problems with it. I don't really understand why people shit on it so much. I'm able to do all my moves and combos with no problems. The stick is wireless, which is great, too. I use it for EVERY fighter I play. I've literally used it so much that the Tekken art on it has worn off around the stick area where my hand rests on it. We're talking hundreds of hours of use and it's still good to go.

If you're looking for the cheapest/best stick to start out with, I would highly recommend it.
wireless arcade sticks add more lag to the game especially online, no?

If you were me, and you had 90 extra bucks, I'd go to videogamesNewYork (the actual store not the site). I saw a whole lot of sticks there, some for around 40 or 50 bucks (Which can possibly be modded to work on 360 (Not too stick tech savvy)) and I saw the most wonderful thing, The Q4RAF. It's special cause it comes tri-modded, has full sanwa (except for the start button), and has a vewlix layout. It's rare to find a stick that is better than a TE, but less the price (I say it's better cause it is a TE, just tri-modded with a different layout/completely eliminates the need to solder and what not). Can't wait till next week to buy it, and maybe,hopefully I can get into tournaments around here.

reptar

Noob
The Madcatz SF4 SE stick/WWE Brawl stick/whatever other incarnation is pretty popular for a cheaper stick. The main complaint about that is the loose-feeling stick, and you can buy a restrictor plate that will help that. You can also upgrade the stick fairly easily to full Sanwa or Seimitsu or whatever you want, for around $50.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
if you know how to mod and dont care alot abot the stick get the WWE brawl stick and get an i.l eurostick to put in it the buttons are decent. Otherwise save money and get an AIAB

Havik

Noob
I don't care about the price I just want to be 100% sure its useful, btw tekken 6 is the shit too bad it's hard to find I got my copy scratched

Niflheim

Noob
Well, I would get the Tekken 6 stick, but it's wireless. I hate wireless controllers unless they're the native manufacturers(ala microsoft and sony).
Anyways, I might just save money and get the AiaB arcade controller.
But anyways, thanks for the recomendations guys. Will use in the future!