What's new

Characters with 50/50 options?

I do like 50/50s and trying to find which characters are now capable of 50/50 when both options lead to full combo. For such I can think only of Sub-Zero now. Is there anybody else or is he an only option now?

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Sonya
Full combo 50/50s are errors in this game. Sub was never intended to be a combo character. This game is all about spacing and footsies

SxS626

Noob
while we're here, what exactly are 50/50? i thought they were strings that caused the opponent to guess but apparently i learned that was wrong?

while we're here, what exactly are 50/50? i thought they were strings that caused the opponent to guess but apparently i learned that was wrong?
I think it is a series of hits which can lead to overhead or low, so the opponent needs to guess. But it is only my opinion.

The bird

Noob
Cacaw in a general sense, they are any situation where you are forced to guess between one of two options. Commonly the situtation is between an Overhead or Low which both must be blocked in a specific stance. However there are other situations like left/right mixups(not really in nrs but in good fighting games) and block/jump(command throw characters).

Generally they are also reserved for situations that aren't reactable

Generally, Cacaw

Dvorah cannot convert off of her OH at all. She can with the low. Only by sacrificing damage for a unguranteed poop bug setup. And the damage gained is minimal 200-250. But like i said its not guaranteed at all

erron fucking black is a 50/50 machine. b222 is mid,oh,oh and can be cancelled anytime into a low slide, which when amplified, gives insane oki.

mn_tercercine

you can call me blue cheese, because I am DRESSING
Does it convert to full combo?
you can get a full combo off the 1,1 but you have to cancel into a mid special to extend instead of the low or overhead.

1 1 1, 1+3 can get a krushing blow if the 3rd hit (overhead) is the only one that hits, (which is very easy to do)

1 1 xx db1 just hits them with quick sand which the combo does ~170 damage? not sure on exact number but its ok and it leaves you in good position.