What's new

Discussion Characters/variations you wish you could use but cant

like the title says, what are some characters or variations you wish you could use but can't? For example I love lui Kang but man iaf and his cancels have me giving up on him each time. he's so hype to watch though :'(

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Displacer, I can't consistently jail f12b2 ex tele consistently and even the bnb's give me trouble. I also need to consistently watch my stamina and good damage withouth stamina is hella hard. Guess I'll try bootleg teleport ethereal...

Reactions: D7X

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I play kenshi a lot but usually use possessed because I know my friend doesn't have fun vs balanced zoning.

I love balanced kenshi

KrstffrMunk

Bane/Black Manta/Captain Cold
Displacer, I can't consistently jail f12b2 ex tele consistently and even the bnb's give me trouble. I also need to consistently watch my stamina and good damage withouth stamina is hella hard. Guess I'll try bootleg teleport ethereal...
Displacer is well worth the grind, keep at it!

I started out a Reptile main but Nimble seems so daunting to pick up compared to the relative simplicity of Deceptive and Noxious, guess that's my pick.

I've labbed A-List for hours. I've basically accepted the fact that I'll never be able to do these cancels. SD and Fisti till the end!!

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Dude I promise you, my execution is repulsive and disgusting, and if I can do them cancels, then so can you. I'm telling you, just give it a minute.
I'll try but having the worst defense in the gane isn't appealing to me.

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
Displacer is well worth the grind, keep at it!

I started out a Reptile main but Nimble seems so daunting to pick up compared to the relative simplicity of Deceptive and Noxious, guess that's my pick.
Oh I know displacer is worth it, when you look at him on paper he is extremely good: safe corner 50/50's into restand for good damage and insane corner carry and mobility. The execution is just on another level, I can jail easily with liu kang and consistently hit two frame links with lao but teleport jailing and bnb's on characters like ferra/torr is proper hard.
Nice to see you're liking nimble! Those corner combos are super satisfying

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Cassie. I don't think I have ever been so disappointed by not being able to play a character in any game I have played. She basically plays to every weakness I have. I cannot play her no matter how hard I try.

Bo is another... I really wanted him in the game, but he has no reliable zoning variation and he is so slow that I find him hard to use. The lack of a non ex projectile kills me too. I am going to keep at him though...

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Special Forces Sonya. I can see that she has a ton of dirt and, in theory, I can see how she's amazing but I cannot make her work for the life of me.