What's new

Characters that just have to go...

Liu Kang, according to Ed Boon, was one of the only characters that had such easy moves. I hate when fighting games have one person that is such a beast but others suck. It's like comparing a bully to little weaklings.

Jade also should go too. Just like Darkmoon said that Jade was a question mark bitch, well... she is a question mark bitch. If you have enough game against the AI, then you can easily win against Jade. If you don't have enough game, then Jade is going to laugh in your sleep.

Yea dude, Jade is a completely worthless character that was nothing more then a little hidden neat feature in MK2. Then they needed to throw as much crap together in one game as they could so she reappeared in UMK3 as a character that looks like some scrap paper notes put together.

"What if she had a boomerang"
"hey what if we just made the boomerang go in differant directions instead of worrying about giving her more moves"

At least they stayed somewhat true to Jade in MK2 and gave her the ability to have projectiles go through her.

All in all though IMO she is a worthless character thrown in to take up some space.

Mileena is 10x worse than Jade(umk3). Mileena is an unlockable character, yet no one wants to unlock her. The only reason I do on XBL, is so that the level isn't shitty scorpions lair.

Mileena is a hell of a lot funner to use then Jade. Main problem is, only Scheiss's and one other dudes Mileena amazed me. She is a way more complex character to use correctly (which i don't, yet). Jade is nothing more then a spam character half the time.

Actually. Yeah Mileena sucks too. Her Sai attacks are so worthless, and Li Mei completely stole her sais! That's how tough Li Mei was... goddamn.

Kazlaz

Noob
well in umk3 scheisse had a beastly millena

it was all karate chop action with random bites with her fucked up hillybilly teeth

Ok... my point of view is kinda different to yours because I see MK differently, I think of MKDA, MKD, MKA... as bad games, I don't really like them, and I stopped caring about playing classic MK games, so my point of view is from an editor who works in something new: Mortal Kombat Project (MKP a Mugen MK game under development).

I see for instance Sektor (I never liked his repertory in UMK3/MKT) so I think... he should have new moves, the same for Mileena, Sindel, Rain, Liu Kang and so on... the only thing I see as an editor is the official story of the character and his personality and parametters so I can create something new for him without changing his personality (like adding some crazy shaolin move to Stryker).

Really, MKT (PC & PS1) was one of my favorite games... I was a kid when I first played MK1... but the MK I played the most was MKT. So at certain point I was like... "I wish Rain had something more..." or "wouldn't be cool to have Reptile doing his MK4 special moves?" and stuff like that, now I can do anything I always wanted... and this hobby allows me to think differently about MK characters...

So when I see Human Smoke and Ermac being too similar to Scorpion or Noob's Nether Orb being a cheap move... Kintaro, Goro, Shao Kahn, etc being unbalanced characters... I just do something about it :wink:

And as far as the New Generation of MKs... I don't like it's playability; still I want to have all their characters, stages and new moves working in MKP with UMK3 playability, and that's something we're making true... so WTF is something like UMK (DS) doing? UMK3 again??? no new moves? no nothing? the same stages... not new characters? new sounds... death traps, harakiris??? nothing?... ohh man, that's garbage!

If there's a character I hate is cheap marketing and that is UMK.

fujin......what a retard weapon.....kind of a random knock-off of rayden
Tanya.....reminds me or Tira from the Soul Calibur Series which i hated..lol
Bo Rai Cho...even though he taught lui and lao.....i still dont think battling anyone else in the mk universe drunk would ensure much success
Nitara......wtf is her deal?......never cared for her....
and Mavado...clearly my most hated......hate his weapons such as that long dual pole attack grab thing he's got goin on like in MKDA....and he uses........HOOKSWORDS?? lol..Kabal should slap him for something like that hehe

MastaDev said:
Mavado...clearly my most hated......hate his weapons such as that long dual pole attack grab thing he's got goin on like in MKDA....and he uses........HOOKSWORDS?? lol..Kabal should slap him for something like that hehe
I hate Mavado too because he was named after a watch, and looks stupid with his Bugs Bunny-Like maneuvers.

btw, Mavado had somewhat beat the crap out of Kabal, left him for dead, and took his hookswords as a momento. how did he do it? I don't know, but Kabal can kick his ass anyday of the week.