What's new

Characters that can do decent damage without complex combos

Kweli

Noob
Im getting old it seems.... As I can no longer pull off complex combos that require dashes and timing... I guess you can classify me as a 'turrets' fighter

I have alot of success with sub zero, kano, jax, and striker because of their moveset. I can do an easy 17-27% damage without having to do crazy combos...

What other characters in the cast should I try out that dont require complex combos to reach the 20-25% damage mark? Ive tried a few but just get overwhelmed by the complexity...

Suggestions on who else I can try??

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A lot of characters can reach 30% without too much trouble. Try out Reptile, Smoke, Ermac, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Raiden, Kabal, etc.

I don't have Kenshi myself but from what I've seen he seems to be the easiest to play character.

Or if you just want to be a straight up cheap, broken, no-need-to-think fighter, play Kano.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sub Zero can. Though his combo moves may get him there, his general gameplay is more complex. Anyway. 2,1,4 and ice slide do 26%. Only a few buttons and no dashing or anything. You can also do the x-ray from the 2,1,4 to get high 40 at around 48% and 50% with a jip. Just remember: With sub-zero, you need to hold the x-ray buttons down for a tiny second or else it will wiff. I recommend practicing it in the arena so you know how to do it.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
Kratos, if you have a PS3 and no shame...

he can do 28% off of two button presses.

And it goes into slow motion after the first one, so you're not likely to mess it up.

I really hate that guy.

There's something to be said for Noob Saibot, because his gameplay doesn't really revolve around combos, and the times where you do a combo they aren't very complicated. Well unless you're in the corner I guess, the corner combos can be tricky. But midscreen the highest damage combo you can do is like, b1214 xx teleport/shadow tackle, and that's not all that tricky. There isn't even a juggle in that combo.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't have Kenshi myself but from what I've seen he seems to be the easiest to play character.

Or if you just want to be a straight up cheap, broken, no-need-to-think fighter, play Kano.
Yeah, pick Kan-oh wait...what happened to upball and knives...? :confused:

I've literally just gone into training for less than 5 minutes with Liu Kang for the first time and he has 30%s that are 1 string. One of them you don't even need to move and you reach 27%. It's so easy and strong it's retarded. It's even got an overhead linked in for added ridiculousness. If you feel like it you can do 1 dash and get another set of the string in with 1 simple dash bumping it to 33% (213 213 213 dash 213).

Kweli

Noob
Thanks for all the great tips, keep em coming.

Im finding striker really fun and simple. His specials and normal attacks are so good that you dont need to do much juggling and dash timing.

I always feel cheap playing as Kenshi because i whoop telepathic ass.... And I always hate reptile because of his speed and annoyance, so i couldnt be one of those guys.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I am the same as you... I find combos REALLY hard.

Try Kitana. She has easy "make your own" combos which do great damage - she is really fun.

I am definitely not the sort of person that can combo 50+ (I'm a comparative noob). Her fans are great and give you a lot of time to do her combos which is great for someone who is still learning the game like me. I started doing f+2, 1, b+2, air fan, ground fan. This hits for 28% and it only took me a couple of minutes to learn. Once I got that, due to her fans holding people in the air for a long time, it was fairly easy to do the same combo with a slight add on - f+2, 1, b+2, air fan, dash, ground fan, f+2, 1 which is 35%

You can do lots more by adding xrays or enhanced moves

Give her a try! :)

raiden have some very easy combos : b3,1,2 dash 3,3,4 superman/x-ray for decent damage

ermac is very easy to learn ,not one of my favorites though.

smoke (that is my bnb actually): 3,d1,2 4 ex smoke bomb 3,2 jk,air grab (i know it sounds like a big combo but it's very easy to master ,btw you can go for the bomb air grab ,it's way easier to nail that way)

kitana is quite awesome and fairly easy to play with (check chrisisnice's post)

jax can dish out 20% plus damage linking the last hit of any combo with a special.

johnny cage:2,1,f2 shadow kick or ex air shadow kick for nice damage ,and f3,3 nut punch

noob:b1,2,1,4 running shadow

scorbion:make ur combo after the spear example: njp b2 jk+grab

cyber subby: 3,3,2 slide or 3,4 slide (good mix up and the damage isn't half bad)

quan chi: simple launch ,trance ,eat my combo...........

sektor: launch ,tele ,uppercut.

sonya: end ur combos with leg grap for decent damage , 3,1,2 leg grab

being plagued by the xbox 360 controller ,makes try and simplify the combos for consistency :)

or if your an old, uncoordinated, no-need-to-do-anything-with-your-brain person, then you can play kano too.

I remember a basic Reptile combo when I started out and before I switched to Sub-Zero. It was 122+fast ball+32+slow ball+321+slide. No need for a dash and decent damage too :D.

or if your an old, uncoordinated, no-need-to-do-anything-with-your-brain person, then you can play kano too.
sorry kano isn't broken , if u have skill u can punish him severely ,i play a rushing kano and he is good ,and it's enjoyable punishing spamming scrubs that use him.

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Im getting old it seems.... As I can no longer pull off complex combos that require dashes and timing... I guess you can classify me as a 'turrets' fighter

I have alot of success with sub zero, kano, jax, and striker because of their moveset. I can do an easy 17-27% damage without having to do crazy combos...

What other characters in the cast should I try out that dont require complex combos to reach the 20-25% damage mark? Ive tried a few but just get overwhelmed by the complexity...

Suggestions on who else I can try??
You may want to try Noob Saibot out. His b1214 is a easy 20%, and if you can manage to throw a blackhole at the end with a shadow tackle, you can then pretty much hit the same buttons with the exception of a b2. He has great zoning as well so you can use that for some damage. Although he is a rather complex character to use despite what some will say, his combos are fairly easy. Id suggest you wonder over to the Noob threads and look at some stuff.

JkOC

Noob
Sektor and Noob. They fit what your looking for, add some stratagy and you can play strong and have a lot of fun. Im gettin old too, maining Sektor was perfect for me, picking up the more complex combos is a slower pace for me these days, and starting to come along. Sektor has great damage if used smartly, and Noob as well. Good luck.

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Sheeva does decent damage with only a few hits. Her combos aren't very long at all and very easy to do. 212 f+1 BF3 will net you about 30 percent easy.