Character themes

Character themes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Be more specific on what you mean by character themes and perhaps this will get some votes.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
What he's referring to is how SF, Tekken games up to Tag, and just about every game prior to the existance of non-character-specific stages have theme songs for characters on their particular stages.

In that particular sense, I'm not for it. MK would be weird with character themes. I like how they started out doing it (no character themes).

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
What the guy in the T in his name said, but to clarify, basically BGM, or "character theme songs"

And we're assuming the movies don't count

Would you want characters to get theme songs/BGMs?

GOGOGO

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
What the guy in the T in his name said, but to clarify, basically BGM, or "character theme songs"

And we're assuming the movies don't count

Would you want characters to get theme songs/BGMs?

GOGOGO
When would these theme songs ever be used though if they weren't used per environment? It's a neat idea, but I think the story line itself is much more important.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
When would these theme songs ever be used though if they weren't used per environment? It's a neat idea, but I think the story line itself is much more important.
Online matches, vs matches if you select an option to do so. I guess what SSf4 did with their themes if you want an example. I have no opinion on the matter though, I was just wondering if anybody liked things like that.

THTB

They'd have to work like SSFIV's themes in that the opponent online or the second player in a vs/spectated match would have their theme played.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh, I agree with THTB. For MK I think this would be weird lol, for a PG13 game like SF it works...but as long as they have themed/character stages which they've done that's good enough for me. The overall theme for MK is dark, morbid and serious so that's fine for me. Most of the stages if not all of them are very dark looking lol

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
Definitely not feeling this. I just don't think it would fit an mk game. All these fighters are too bad ass. They don't need theme music.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'm not feeling character themes. But I would love for them to go back to their old roots as far as background music goes.

All these new themes for the 3D MK's are sort of whack if you ask me. The old school themes were nice.

BecomingDeath13

I'm not feeling character themes. But I would love for them to go back to their old roots as far as background music goes.

All these new themes for the 3D MK's are sort of whack if you ask me. The old school themes were nice.
I remember hearing in an interview that the old music is gonna make a return, but its gonna be "re-imagined" so basically. A remix of the old Arena themes

BecomingDeath13

Yeah, I'm excited for this! I just hope that they aren't excessively edited because that'll just ruin the whole nostalgia factor with the themes.

THTB

So far, Dead Pool has its original theme arranged to modern standards. I'm curious as to which theme the Pit will have.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I remember Boon and Hans Lo saying a few times in various interviews that Dan Forden was not only back but would most likely do a remix of the original music themes :) I like.

Artistically, I have noticed they're all kept nostalgic but updated and if anything even more darker then before lol.