What's new

Character Speculation based off select screen placeholder photos

CRKFIEND

Noob

Normally, I wouldn't give this much thought... but upon closer inspection of the select screen, EVERY block is a different photo. I don't believe this was touched on yet, but the bottom row, fifth from the right looks like a skeleton.

SPINAL FROM KI CONFIRMED.

A few notable features are also noted. Someone has long frizzled hair, also a top hat in bottom center. Bottom left looks like Tanya..

Discuss.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think they are all fakes...One they are all a different size then the ones already there ...
Two I read a article that pointed out the third in the bottom row is an exact match of a Obama picture...Troll on Boon troll on...

Edit: also it looks like the revealed ones are just straight model pics where the others seem posed...

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I think they are all fakes...One they are all a different size then the ones already there ...
Two I read a article that pointed out the third in the bottom row is an exact match of a Obama picture...Troll on Boon troll on...

Edit: also it looks like the revealed ones are just straight model pics where the others seem posed...
I'm with you. I'm willing to bet placeholders as well.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It's all fake. Portrait next to Scorpion is some Lego man. Boon knew we would do this. I bet one of them is even the new Toasty cut out.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
So THATS what the "X" means this is the mother of all nonsense crossovers...Where Ryu, Mothra and, the Kool Aid man...

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
lol i dont get this thread, speculation based off placeholders....how do you even
its makes a lot of sense BUT ................... Ed Boon is a Troll and he knows TYM would figure out too much if the placeholders were "real" , soooooooooo he put in fake place holders in this build...

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
its makes a lot of sense BUT ................... Ed Boon is a Troll and he knows TYM would figure out too much if the placeholders were "real" , soooooooooo he put in fake place holders in this build...
i know the images are placeholders and i know why he did it but how can you speculate off of a placeholder image that doesnt represent anyone in the game?

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
i know the images are placeholders and i know why he did it but how can you speculate off of a placeholder image that doesnt represent anyone in the game?

well if the placeholders were real there are some really smart people who could probably nail who that character was just based off their silhouettes

CRKFIEND

Noob
lol i dont get this thread, speculation based off placeholders....how do you even
I know you're trying to be a smart ass, but it makes perfect sense considering they are each unique graphics. Most games that are demoed in their early stages just have one placeholder graphic... (example: MK9 demo) I was unaware that people had looked into this prior to me posting it though.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I know you're trying to be a smart ass, but it makes perfect sense considering they are each unique graphics. Most games that are demoed in their early stages just have one placeholder graphic... (example: MK9 demo) I was unaware that people had looked into this prior to me posting it though.
im not being a smart ass i was legitimately confused by the title, if you mean youre tying to find out what every fake image is then yes it makes sense

CRKFIEND

Noob
im not being a smart ass i was legitimately confused by the title, if you mean youre tying to find out what every fake image is then yes it makes sense
No. I assumed that the silhouettes were that of their respective characters. I didn't know that they were made to troll. I guess Ed's troll was successful.