What's new

Character specific up missile enders

NKZero

Noob
Hey guys I thought i'd work on this mini- project but wont get round to doing it until next week so please bear with me...

Anyways the point of this is to see that whether we can squeeze out extra damage in our combos against certain characters. For example, we all know that 1-up missile is the safest up missile set-up that is available to Sektor. However, if there is a situation where you could end with f4-up missile or even b2-up missile then why not secure that extra bit of damage?

So as of next week I will be experimenting with different character wake-ups versus as many Sektor up missile set-ups as I can possibly find.

Once I have the results I will edit this post.

Just use 1~UM or 12~UM. Both are safe against everyone. I'm almost certain everyone has something to beat out b2~UM and f4~UM doesn't seem worth the hassle when I could just use the above.

More power to you for going through all this though.

NKZero

Noob
Just use 1~UM or 12~UM. Both are safe against everyone. I'm almost certain everyone has something to beat out b2~UM and f4~UM doesn't seem worth the hassle when I could just use the above.

More power to you for going through all this though.
I know that man but I'm saying there might be vs one character or one wake-up move a scenario where B2-UM might work (though probably not) or F4-UM will work (much more likely).

If F4-UM works wouldn't you prefer that over 12-UM or 1-UM?

If F4-UM works wouldn't you prefer that over 12-UM or 1-UM?
Honestly? No. I personally use UM enders to get you the hell away from me so I can start to play footsies again. If you lie there and block the UM then that's gravy and I'll try to throw you or something, but that's not my intent when I end a combo with one. That's just my style though. I'm sure there are others who play a more aggressive Sektor who would like to know when they can use f4.

NKZero

Noob
Honestly? No. I personally use UM enders to get you the hell away from me so I can start to play footsies again. If you lie there and block the UM then that's gravy and I'll try to throw you or something, but that's not my intent when I end a combo with one. That's just my style though. I'm sure there are others who play a more aggressive Sektor who would like to know when they can use f4.
Right each to their own. Sektor is flexible like that :). When I do an up missile set-up I want to stay in their face. Build meter, do some block strings or maybe get a throw in there. Then I back the fuck away. I personally am a heavy zoning Sektor but if I have the chance to get a set-up and pressure I will. Plus if I want to keep them nearer to me with a safe set-up and slightly more damage I'll go for F4. This is why I'm testing this shit out to see what works and what isn't. Generally though 1-UM is the best set-up.

ryublaze

Noob
Good luck this stuff takes a while lol. I know off the top of my head that B2, Behind Up Missile beats out Scorpion's wake-up attacks. I am really liking STH's setup though which would replace Up Missile setups midscreen.

NKZero

Noob
Good luck this stuff takes a while lol. I know off the top of my head that B2, Behind Up Missile beats out Scorpion's wake-up attacks. I am really liking STH's setup though which would replace Up Missile setups midscreen.
Hopefully my "project" and STH's tech mixed together will create the formula for Lin Kuei pie! Yeah I will experiment with everything next week :). I think eventually F44 is better mid-screen and UM in the corner. Just mix it up I guess.