What's new

Tech Character specific Skarlet tricks

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?

Just some thoughts I had put into video form. Derive what you can of it.

Here are my thoughts:

Kabal's wakeup game is beatable without using meter. His only real recourse is using an EX dash (still beatable, but more strict on timing for Skarlet) or ground saws, both of which are easily beaten by Skarlets ex dash. Normal dash is easy to stuff for Skarlet's F4.

All of Jax's wakeups are stuffed/nullified by sweep. That makes me laugh.

Kitana's is the most interesting to me, next to Kabal's weakness, it seems Kitana is also weak vs D4 especially. I know D4,DF2 isn't a combo, but it stuffs all her wakeups and as all yoi Skarlets should know from my ramblings video, D4 on hit vs standing opponents grants a free F4 check.

Mileena's Njp vs telekick is something I'd just love to see in a tournament (watch out Mileena's - I do have huge balls and might attempt this). But Death is 110% correct, there's no logical reason to attempt this - you should have your actual D1 punish practiced for this move.

It's pretty worthless to try this tactic vs Freddy's wakeup game - you have to just-frame his groundspike, and he can (and probably will) just teleport away which has invincibility frames and is very difficult, possibly impossible to hit on wakeup (I never even got a phantom hit on his wakeup teleport).

Sektor seems somewhat boned too. I can go the safe route and do a F4,DF3,F2 and either hit on the F4 vs his wakeup tele or flamethrower, or I phantom hit his teleport and Dash to safety. Lose lose for our boy in red.

I showed Skarlet in this for kicks. There aren't many people who regularly or even infrequently use Skarlet's Slash's for wakeup. But if they did, in a mirror, it would get stuffed hard.

Rule of thumb, if you think Smoke is going to do ajy wakeup, do a delayed Red Slide. I don't understand why EX Shake gets stuffed - I didn't show it, but if you do the Slide too quickly vs EX Shake, it activates and beats the Slide.

Scorpion getting hit through leg sweep is funny. Delay the start of Red Dash to connect on this. Oh, and as if EX Telepunch wasn't vulnerable enough, Skarlet doesn't rven let him teleport.

Nightwolf is just odd.

Any character I didn't show in this vid wasn't reliably stuff-able by F4 or D4 - you will want to phantom hit into EX Dash to stuff their wakeup.

Also, don't bother trying to even phantom hit Cage or Kung Lao - just use a EXDash if you're gonna try to stuff their wakeups.

I'll post more if I think of something.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Nice vid. And damn had no idea that it was possible to njp mileenas teleport. Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Death

Noob
Why NJP Mileenas teleport? Its not 100% reliable and most of the time shell catch you with a combo. Wanna know whats reliable. Blocking and blowing it up every time.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Why NJP Mileenas teleport? Its not 100% reliable and most of the time shell catch you with a combo. Wanna know whats reliable. Blocking and blowing it up every time.
i know this.. it was just something i didnt know about...it will make me not as scared to do some air fireballs.. its something to think about now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Legit Bait ftw.
To be able to stuff half of the cast's wakeup game with F4, poor characters who doesn't have armor.

Ninj, you better do good at EVO:D

Ninj

Updated first post with thoughts.

Eddy Wang is winning Evo good enough? :) I'm not flying out there to lose.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Ninj

Updated again- forgot smoke and scorpion thoughts.

Ninj

the teleport one is wheird lol, where the hell he hits when skarlet is sliding?
I assume you mean smoke. EX telepunch does the first two punches regardless if they hit, unlike normal telepunch which will stop if the first punch whiffs.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I really want you to do well but don't underestimate your competition. Guys like pig are ready for skarlet from playing me. I may not be on your level all the time but I have moments of god like execution and reading and pig has seen what it is like when skarlet is on a role.

I'm just saying you don't really go to tournaments. Is this your first one?

Ninj

I really want you to do well but don't underestimate your competition. Guys like pig are ready for skarlet from playing me. I may not be on your level all the time but I have moments of god like execution and reading and pig has seen what it is like when skarlet is on a role.

I'm just saying you don't really go to tournaments. Is this your first one?
I appreciate where you're coming from lotf - and thanks for prepping Pig Of The Hut. Mine and his MM will be all the more hype when I take him to town ;)

In all seriousness, I have great respect for the top players, Pig Of The Hut being one of those. I'm just confident and part of the way I know to win something is to envision yourself winning it. I'm absolutely not overconfident: this is my first tournament, I'm going for fun and learning and meeting all these people I know are excellent at the game. I'm also going to do everything I can to win!

Please do treat anything cocky that I say as me just building hype, because that's all it is. I enjoy being a part of this scene and I am pumped to compete with THE top players, both in casuals and in pools.

PS And thank you @l0rd of the fly - sound advice.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
aNinj, can you make a quick video doing IAd (fullscreen) and IA low daggers (close position) pls ?

skarlet can actually u3 mileena out of teleport, and i know a 40% off u3,u3 lol. you can also uppercut, but not so reliable.