What's new

Character Requests for KP3?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
At this point, given MKX's story and who we got as KP characters and what they dealt with in the story in MK11 I think it's silly to expect and request for the likes of Onaga, Nitara and even my own favourite Havik. I rather they give them story relevance, but since it could be the last MK game I do understand. I think a reasonable list from my side of who I think would fit and could actually make it - Ermac, Reptile & Smoke 100% won't be back - I'd like:

Kai - was considered for MKX, could be given a surviving the Geras attack on Wu Shi Temple or upon hearing it return to fight and would have a very unique skill set
Sareena - was in MKX, a demon who worked for Quan Chi could be given some of his moves and some unique devious qualities
Kung Jin - was in MKX, a guy who seeks redemption for his past mistakes and brought in upon Kotal's request as he remembers the humiliation. Could make some nice back and forth between him and Kung Lao as well as Raiden.
Havik - was in MKX comics, easily the most creative guy you could invent moves for and is mentioned quite a few times and with Joker being in, it has opened up the door for his return. I'd rather he'd be given story relevance, but I don't see him returning any other way.
borrowing moves from other characters not always works well. Kai had a gameplay before which can be re-used and well implemented.
Sareena has already a move set in MK Mythologies sub-zero and MKA, she doesn't need runes or trance just because she works for quan chi.

One of the reasons why MK9 felt so unique, it was because each character had their own tools each one complimenting their functions, the only generic things were d4s, for some, d3 for others, d1 in general and of course, universally NJP, NJK, jips and jiks were all the same-.
But character originality was insane, Kitana didn't need to borrow mileena's sais to look good, Skarlet didn't need trances for restand, Jax wasn't an archtype, neither was johnny cage.

I think the most original new character on a recent NRS game is definitely Kung jin, he entered the Shao Lin monks archetype and managed to be different from Lao and Kang on his own using a baff and arrows. And was probably the most martial arts MK character that was recently added to the roster.

With any of the new characters in MK11 this aspect was lacking heavily which made me dislike every single one of the new ones from geras to kollector.

xKMMx

Banned
MK: Quan Chi, Ninja Smoke, Torr (solo after tossing that annoying as pigmy through a portal in to the netherealm)
Guest: Michael Myers, George "CorpseGrinder" Fisher!!!
Crossover: Who cares outside of BAtman and associated characters, DC comics suck and so does Injustice.

mook

Noob
Rain, Smoke, Ermac and Reptile.

But there‘s like no chance we even get another Ninja in KP2 anyway, and even less of chance for a KP3.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Have they even confirmed there would be a KP2?
nope .... but certainly they will, just watch out for the Spawn trailer .... besides, there is no reason to not have a KP2, they did with MKX and worked, so, 99,9% sure they will do the same for MK11 ;)

KP3, in the other hand ...... hehe :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Did someone say Tron? lmao what's he going to do, blind everyone with his glow? haha

I think if NRS were smart they'd definitely do a KP 3 given their whole "we plan on supporting this game the longest!" motto

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think if NRS were smart they'd definitely do a KP 3 given their whole "we plan on supporting this game the longest!" motto
yep, that would be very smart and a good business move, however .... :eek:

you know NRS; and they can make a lazy ass decision, and so, just support this game until the end of 2021, and next, start to promote Injustice 3 already in 2022, and we all know that, once a new NRS game is announced, the previous one start to progressively fade away to oblivion, so .... :confused:

I'm very very skeptical regarding any chance for KP3, anyway, only for fun, if they , for any or some reason, decide to do it (what I doubt it anyway) , I would like these characters here to be on it :

• Sareena
  • Reptile
  • Li Mei
  • Blade (from Marvel Comics) as Guest

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think KP3 is most threatened by the EVO diss. I seems clear to me, I have no proof or confirmation, but it seems to me that NRS wanted to move MK into a "street fighter" style release cycle. So MK11, then just keep adding new characters and then maybe release MK11 - Round 2 or some named version ... in the same way we are now on Street Fighter V we are on "Championship Edition" with 40 characters.

MK11 has 31 with the end of KP1.. so KP2 may be +6... KP3? .... we are kinda around the same roster slots. I also expect KP2 to come with engine changes, in the same way V-Skill changes each SFV expansion.

Still it looked to me that they were, and according to their interviews and stuff, that they wanted MK11 to be a long form release with updates, rather than moving to a new MK12.

BUT... not getting the EVO spot is a huge blow to NRS. We are the players might be "who cares.. combo breaker dudes!!" or w/e.. but EVO is more than a event for players, it is highly focused mass advertising to core FGC players all over the world. I mean it is starting to get ESPN Live coverage. Not getting into evo and therefor assuming than the new "updated" version will not get into evo.. has to be some kind of dampener on the whole intent to make a long form SFV style game deployment at a corporate level. There is no doubt NRS and WB want to move MK11 even further into legit eSports and no EVO is a massive setback to that.

I have no doubt KP3 was planned.. but will it happen? No idea, but I think it is EVO that may be the contributing factor on if they table stuff for MK12 or continue with MK11.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Completely out of the world that we would never get:
  1. Lara Croft
  2. Ivy Valentine
  3. Raven from injustice
potential/ somewhat likely:
  1. Mileena (i would want her to have a Tanya variation where she uses the Tonfas)
  2. Takeda (one variation is Kenshi based, one is Lasher Variation, and one is a new take)
  3. Kronika (one variation is zoner, one variation is trap based, and one is a hybrid)

Place here who you would like in KP3 because we all know there wont just be MK characters.

This is my pick
View attachment 16606
Oh my god. I'm almost never stoked about guests, but I would be absolutely pumped about this.

My wish list is just all ninjas. It's MK, let's stop pretending that we don't all just want ninjas on ninjas on ninjas. Ermac, Smoke, Reptile, Rain, Undead Mileena, Khameleon (but her own distinct character, not just all the other female ninjas in one). Alternatively, a cyborg pack with Sektor, Cyrax, Smoke, Cyber Stryker, Cyber Reptile, and Cyber Mileena would be pretty great.

Edit: Forgot about Takeda. Throw him in a robot body and replace Cyber Stryker with him and I'm happy. Jacqui probably isn't, but I am.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
yep, that would be very smart and a good business move, however .... :eek:

you know NRS; and they can make a lazy ass decision, and so, just support this game until the end of 2021, and next, start to promote Injustice 3 already in 2022, and we all know that, once a new NRS game is announced, the previous one start to progressively fade away to oblivion, so .... :confused:

I'm very very skeptical regarding any chance for KP3, anyway, only for fun, if they , for any or some reason, decide to do it (what I doubt it anyway) , I would like these characters here to be on it :

• Sareena
  • Reptile
  • Li Mei
  • Blade (from Marvel Comics) as Guest
Well now we have this latest leak, so who knows what's going on. KP 3 I hope happens, they said they want to support this game for "years" I think they should make at LEAST 3 KP's imo anyway.