What's new

Character Mastery skin showcase

acowsik

MK fan from India
Attached below are screenshots of the skins you unlock with every character when you max out their mastery.

Last edited:
Instead of a awesome skin, we just get a color variant. I don't even like Mileena's second skin. Her default one looks better. I just don't really care about whole mastery system anymore.

Nitara on the second hand, her second skin doesn't have Jimmy Neutron hair, so that's good.

But I want to see more different skins, and not just different colors. Unlocks in this game are kinda disappointing compared to MK 11. But it's a "live service" game with seasons, so we will get other skins later, I hope....

acowsik

MK fan from India
Instead of a awesome skin, we just get a color variant. I don't even like Mileena's second skin. Her default one looks better.

Nitara on the second hand, her second skin doesn't have Jimmy Neutron hair, so that's good.

But I want to see more different skins, and not just different colors. Unlocks in this game are kinda disappointing compared to MK 11. But it's a "live service" game with seasons, so we will get other skins later, I hope....
Skin taste is ofc purely subjective so its understandable. I just wanted to put it out there so that anyone curious to know what you get in the end and whether you want to grind that character based on a skin that excites you to want to get it.

Skin taste is ofc purely subjective so its understandable. I just wanted to put it out there so that anyone curious to know what you get in the end and whether you want to grind that character based on a skin that excites you to want to get it.
Yes, that's true. Don't see it as a attack on you. You just want to show what people will unlock. But I find those unlocks kinda disappointing.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Yes, that's true. Don't see it as a attack on you. You just want to show what people will unlock. But I find those unlocks kinda disappointing.
Its all good... no offense taken. Hopefully the DLC chars get some really good looking palettes for their mastery paths.

subzert

Frozen Soul
Level 35 Mastery unlocks gold palettes for both the new era costume and the union of light costume. All the above skins look like they are union of light costumes. Great work, requires a heck of a grind. Unless done on PC with mods.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Level 35 Mastery unlocks gold palettes for both the new era costume and the union of light costume. All the above skins look like they are union of light costumes. Great work, requires a heck of a grind. Unless done on PC with mods.
Am on PC and I didnt use any mods or hacks... everything unlocked legit through lot of grinding for hours. The gold skins shown are all for the union of light costumes cos you have to reach lvl 18 to get that costume for each character.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
how long does it take to actually get to lvl 35 or whatever is the highest one?

I'm not grinding invasions at all, just casually playing online (KL + random) and my Rain is at 18 lvl currently.
Does the level increase slower at certain point or is it the same for the whole duration of progressing?

Also, any tips to level faster maybe? (yea I know, winning matches helps xD)

acowsik

MK fan from India

I'm not grinding invasions at all, just casually playing online (KL + random) and my Rain is at 18 lvl currently.
Does the level increase slower at certain point or is it the same for the whole duration of progressing?

XP rewards for chars in the game is a fixed system. You get 235 XP for your main and 65 XP for your kameo. If you perform a finisher, you get extra XP with brutalities rewarding you more than fatalities (190 XP for main and 55 XP for kameo for a brutality). If you win a match with flawless you basically get an extra amount of the XP you get for winning.

Invasions is the fastest way to grind XP. You have endurance matches with 3 opponents in a match. If you flawless everyone of them, you are basically getting 4x the XP u get for a win (940 XP for main and 260 XP for kameo) in the match. Repeat this about 300 times and you get 1 char fully mastered. When you are at max level and you dump all stat points for a character into attack, one uppercut is an insta kill and you finish the last char with the uppercut brutality.

okhuskerfan

PSN: B1G-Husker

Been doing a slow mix of KL and Invasion stuff and I'm at 30 without really thinking about it much.

acowsik

MK fan from India
Close to 200 hrs. Majority of it is obviously the mastery grind but I also took my time with invasions and also trying to do the combo challenges and some practicing. I am not bothered with KL so I just played 5 sets to get the achievement. Had laggy ass connections on most of those sets so I just took the L to complete the set.

The game needs a lot of fixing especially the online and also the meta so I am not going to sweat in a broken game and just do the offline stuff for now. I have 49 achievements done so the titan battle which no one has is the only one pending.

Plop

Noob
Yeah they're all terrible but at least the good ones will cost the same as food for a family of four
Exactly that. The design team on this game should be ashamed. There's not a single decent skin in the whole fuckin game. It's like they got the Raid Shadow Legends design team working on it instead of the MK team. I'm holding out for the klassic skins and I'm just shrugging and accepting that they're gonna cost me an arm and a leg

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I saw some characters that had a seemingly silver skin (smoke and ashrah come to mind). Does every character also get a silver counterpart to their gold skin?

acowsik

MK fan from India
I saw some characters that had a seemingly silver skin (smoke and ashrah come to mind). Does every character also get a silver counterpart to their gold skin?
Yes.. that also unlocks at lvl 35 for each character. Basically the parts that are looking gold appear grayish in the silver version. The gold ones stand out more for me personally.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
@acowsik not all heroes wear capes, but some post the most sort after images the MK1 Kollectors want to know!

To be honest I'm not that keen on those gold variants... but the Tanya one dose look great. I have been meaning to play her a bit... might switch to her now.

Jynks

What level is mastery for a kameo?

yeah it is season 1.... we will 100% have very different skins.

Jynks

Yes.. that also unlocks at lvl 35 for each character. Basically the parts that are looking gold appear grayish in the silver version. The gold ones stand out more for me personally.
If you have time, would you please post the silver variants?