What's new

Question Character loyalty

PapaRegadetho

All hail emperor Liucifer Kang!
I am a Liu Kang loyalist for 18 years now, I feel guilt everytime when I play any other character in MK. Thankfully, Liu has been a viable character for all games. When he was killed off in MKDA, I was heartbroken, so decided to try out Cage, since he did incorporate Liu's fighting style, but I still felt a good amount of guilt lol.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've never consider myself much of a loyalist in any MK game aside from MK9.

Through every MK game before MK9, i played practically every single character, Trilogy was much easier because the universal move set was equal to everyone, being Ermac, Nightwolf and Scorpion my favorites in Trilogy, Raiden in MK1, and Scorpion in the MK 3D series.

I think i gained this Loyalty thing with MK9, when i touched the game a 1 week after its release, i played the entire available cast, and stuck to KL and Kitana, then switched to Kabal, only when Skarlet got released and i got her a year after, is where i found myself truly on a MK9 character and trough the time dropped every single character to play only her religiously and learned a lot even against bad MUs.

Same thing happened to SF4 when i played Ibuki for the rest of the game.

Now in SF5 Ibuki has been released, and i already switched Ken to play Ibuki religiously again, although i get to play a few characters to know their ins and outs, i will definitely stick to Ibuki.

If KP3 happens to have Skarlet, i will also play her religiously, despites the levels, besides the variation of KL i use mostly its pretty bad.

I've never consider myself much of a loyalist in any MK game aside from MK9.

Through every MK game before MK9, i played practically every single character, Trilogy was much easier because the universal move set was equal to everyone, being Ermac, Nightwolf and Scorpion my favorites in Trilogy, Raiden in MK1, and Scorpion in the MK 3D series.

I think i gained this Loyalty thing with MK9, when i touched the game a 1 week after its release, i played the entire available cast, and stuck to KL and Kitana, then switched to Kabal, only when Skarlet got released and i got her a year after, is where i found myself truly on a MK9 character and trough the time dropped every single character to play only her religiously and learned a lot even against bad MUs.

Same thing happened to SF4 when i played Ibuki for the rest of the game.

Now in SF5 Ibuki has been released, and i already switched Ken to play Ibuki religiously again, although i get to play a few characters to know their ins and outs, i will definitely stick to Ibuki.

If KP3 happens to have Skarlet, i will also play her religiously, despites the levels, besides the variation of KL i use mostly its pretty bad.
Mkx my first game and I started with Cassie but can't do her combos on Xbox one controller just on PlayStation so waited till I can play well on Xbox one and happens to be alien but I just like loyalist cause I find it fun to see my friends or people online just change there character for better match up and if I win I pull off upset so it's rewarding to me not having to change character cause Of match up

The_Furax

I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.
In my case, I'd say I am character loyalist playing Killer Frost in Injustice. I have never spent so much time on a character except for her and of course if she's in to the next game, she'll be my main as well.

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Im a shazam main. Since i started. He was too cool to not play with a godlike herculean might animation. I Only ended up being a loyalist because it took me so long to develop my playstyle with him, let alone learn matchups. It has been a love hate relationship for me but id never regret it. He was too fun and because of all of his mixups he could create on knockdown, I had to always be thinking ahead. As far as injustice 2 goes, ill play the whole cast and see who I like. Of course ill play shazam if he is in but I wont take away my potential to have fun with another character.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
<----- Character Loyalist

From good times (Tanya MK4/ Kitana MK9 / Mileena MK2) to bad (Tanya now / Kitana MKDA / Mileena UMK3)

I consider a character loyalist someone with a history with a character rather than liking them for one game

EDIT

Injustice / MvsC etc are a bit different in that they are existing characters People like 16BIT stayed with Catwoman despite her being crap
Yeah. I've played scorpion since MK1. Had a few secondaries but those were usually the same. Incarnations of Smoke, Tanya and Frost.
I'm like that in most games. I have a favorite character and use them from that point forward. I gotta say Soul Calibur I had the toughest time. Started in 2 with Talim and she became progressively worse until the point where she wasn't even in 5.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I have always used my favorite characters on all MK's, but when it came to competition I usually searched for tools or a specific game-play, style and feel from a character. I have always liked Cyrax, Raiden, Sub Zero, Smoke, Reptile, and Horror Guest characters, like Jason, Freddy, Alien and Predator. But only a few met my needs competitively. Things I have wanted is Defense, since it has been my core from all fighters, Sub Zero on MK9, and even when i used Cyrax in MK3/UMK3/MK9 I used him defensively by zoning and Space control with his advancing moves. SZ is a no brainer as to why he is defensive. on MKX i didn't find the defense I was looking for so I hoped from favorite to favorite in hopes of finding that all around character that suited me.

What i mean by this is I consider myself a Character Loyalist, but while being one I still make time for fun with other characters. So i don't look down on others who use many characters, or even the ones that use the best at any given time.

Personally, physcality is always important to me too when initially picking a character. I can't play a character that I don't like. No matter how good Jason is, I think he is douchey, so I would never play him. .
I feel this way about johnny Cage - bruh has his own name tattooed across his chest - he's basically a contestant on the Bachelorette. For that reason I can't get into playing as him no matter how good he is claimed to be. Same thing for Guile w/ the 'murican tattoo on his shoulder. I just wouldn't want to be associated w/ that kind of douchery.

Aramonde

Noob
Same thing for Guile w/ the 'murican tattoo on his shoulder. I just wouldn't want to be associated w/ that kind of douchery.
So having love for your country is being a douche? What if a Japanese guy has the Japanese flag on his arm is that douchey too?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Sub is and always has been my favorite so I'll always main Sub-Zero. But I enjoy too many characters and like too many just to limit myself to one.

IsrA9x19

Noob
hmmm subby of course

first place in the early days 100 streak only sub zero then i used goro just to loose haha i was to tired it .
after some time i stop being so loyal .
now i can only play character that i like (background story, aspect and the most important the playstyle and how you do combos/juggle)... Goro(Tigar Fury ),Triborg(Cyrax,Smoke), Sub Zero (All variations),Kung Lao(All varriations),Raiden(All variations),Ferra Torr(Lackey),Kotal Khan(Blood god) and there is other characters i like visually but their gameplay is awful for me like Tremor(i hate how you have to do combos with him) , fuck im a huge fan of Alien movies same as Predator but they are a little bit boring for me and there are some other characters that get my attention like Reptile ,Ermac ,Jax ,Kano , Liu Kang(dualist) and even Leatherface i tried them but there is still something missing .
my loyal ones are Sub Zero - Kung Lao - Triborg(smoke)