What's new

Character Introductions

trufenix

bye felicia
Wasn't it Brawler? Oh well, whatever.
I rewatched it and you're right. Hollywood (which we always see) has the shades, and Brawler (which we never see) has the glowy hands. I hope its a placeholder though, not only is it kinda shitty compared to all the other variation decorations, it doesn't make a lot of sense with this dialogue.

Last edited:

Dark

Noob
Cassie: Scorpion.
Scorpion: Your end is near.
Cassie: You best keep your hands off it. (This one had me laughing)

Cassie: Scum.
Kano: Baby girl, first swing’s on me.
Cassie: They’re all gonna be on you

Cassie: Hey humpty dumpty
Quan Chi: Only a fool would speak to me thusly.
Cassie: Only a dork would say “thusly”.

Kung Lao: A dead man walks.
Sub Zero: You will know the sting of winter.
Kung Lao: You have found your demise.

Raiden: Quan Chi.
Quan Chi: My dark magics will overwhelm you.
Raiden: Lightning cuts through the dark.

Raiden: Crawl back to the netherrealm
Quan Chi: I will give your friends your regards.
Raiden: Do not mock me, Quan Chi.

Scorpion: Old, Scorpion.
Scorpion: The sight of you offends me.
Scorpion: Your death will be swift.

Ermac: (We drew the board) of sorcery. (?)
Scorpion: Do not compare yourself to me.
Ermac: Very well…. (?) (Can anyone understand what he's saying here?)

Scorpion: Ermac.
Ermac: We serve outworld and it’s emperor.
Scorpion: You will fall by my hand.

What we learned: If we didn't know this already, just by Cassie's tone in her voice, she seemed extremely pissed at Kano for something.
And Ermac does in fact work for an emperor of outworld, most likely Kotal at one point.
Scorpion definitely went through a big change as we saw in the comics.
Also.. it's odd Kung Lao refers to Sub Zero as a dead man walking, when he is the same. What could that mean?

Kotal's got a lot of allies on the roster.. D'Vorah, Reptile, Ermac, Ferra/Torr, and possibly Erron Black.
And assuming Kotal has a more 'neutral' stance in at least most of the story, rather than straight up antagonist... Who the hell is working for whoever the actual boss is?

The only ones revealed so far that could potentially fit that would be Kano and Quan Chi. Unless it's an Onaga situation, where the boss just comes in at the end of the game with no allies and gets his ass kicked.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Updated. I'm glad they fixed Cassie's hands. NRS man, its shocking how much they care about the details. Speaking of, I got the Scorpion/Ermac and Scorpion Mirror dead nuts.

Also.. it's odd Kung Lao refers to Sub Zero as a dead man walking, when he is the same. What could that mean?
Kung Lao's entire existence is a mystery. He's aged, so he probably came out of the NR war okay, but Raiden wants to know where he's been. Also, that little banter with Kotal makes it seem like maybe they are friends / allies. Still he's a cocky devil and nobody else says anything weird to him like he's been dead or missing or anything. who the hell knows.

Kotal's got a lot of allies on the roster.. D'Vorah, Reptile, Ermac, Ferra/Torr, and possibly Erron Black.
And assuming Kotal has a more 'neutral' stance in at least most of the story, rather than straight up antagonist... Who the hell is working for whoever the actual boss is?

The only ones revealed so far that could potentially fit that would be Kano and Quan Chi. Unless it's an Onaga situation, where the boss just comes in at the end of the game with no allies and gets his ass kicked.
I don't think anyone we've seen so far is the villain. I'm basing it on the MK9 formula, but it looks like the first arc is Raiden/Heroes vs Shinnok, the second arc is Kotal vs Mileena, and the third and final arc is about I dunno either the weird blood cloud or whoever is behind all the weird daggers in the comic or both. Unfortunately nobody in the series fits blood and daggers except . . .

Oh my god. . . could Skarlet be the big bad?

Dark

Noob
Scorpion: Sub Zero
Sub Zero: You have eyes, but will not see.
Scorpion: I will see you die.

Thats 5 ScorpSub intros so far.

Johnny Cage: "Hey Mac!"
Ermac: "We will end you."
Johnny Cage: "We? Is your mother joining us?"

Kano: "What you eyeing me for?"
Johnny Cage: "So there's ice cream in Outworld, chubby?"
Kano: "That's the last time you have a go at me!"

Kitana: "Thunder God..."
Raiden: "I grow tired of your insolence."
Kitana: "You should lie down!"

Johnny Cage: "Ice to see ya!"
Sub-Zero: "Must everything be a joke?"
Johnny Cage: "Yeah. It does."

Cassie Cage: "Reptile"
Reptile: "Sweet, young flesh..."
Cassie Cage: "There will be no tasting it."

Johnny Cage: "Think you can take your old man?"
Cassie Cage: "Not a problem."
Johnny Cage: "Then show me!"

Kotal Kahn: "Join my cause, Kitana!"
Kitana "I trust no Kahn..."
Kotal Kahn: "Then you will be destroyed!"

Reptile: "Delicate one..."
Cassie Cage: "Say goodbye to your teeth..."
Reptile: "I prefer feisty prey!"

Johnny Cage: "Hello nurse!"
Kitana: "You're gonna need a nurse..."
Johnny Cage: "Aaargh, you can't trash talk!"

D'Vorah: "Pompous Edenian!"
Kitana: "Filthy Kytinn!"
D'Vorah: "This one will enjoy your death!"

Johnny Cage: "Didn't you throw me off a bridge?"
Kano: "Guilty as charged."
Johnny Cage: "It's payback time!"

Ferra/Torr: "Big mouth!"
Johnny Cage: "It's the one and only pocket psycho..."
Ferra/Torr: "Torr close mouth for good!"

Sub-Zero: "You approach me as a foe..."
Johnny Cage: "Nah, I'm just outta ice cubes..."
Sub-Zero: "There are times where I regret our alliance..."

Cassie Cage: "I feel sorry for you"
Reptile: "My race will return in time."
Cassie Cage: "I meant 'cos of your face..."

Johnny Cage: "We are training hard today!"
Cassie Cage: "The mission didn't go that bad."
Johnny Cage: "I may vomit with pride!"

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
The fact that Raiden says "No Liu Kang" had me dying.

Like he already knows he fucked up but he doesn't want to deal with it at the moment.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I'm a bit upset that they didn't show Shinnok's intro, outdo or fatality in the past combat kast.

Perhaps leaves it as a surprise come release day!

trufenix

bye felicia
Updated with KK7, the tower video, and a couple other random ones I heard. The whole color situation is completely out of control, so I apologize if they don't make sense. I wasn't planning on every charcter in the game wearing drab oranges or greens

When Ferra-Torr is talking to Cassie and Casies asks "have a thing for eyes, do ya?", Ferra replies with something along the lines of "We collect- Torr has one!".

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Its nice to hear that there are THOUSANDS of different dialogue between the characters in the intros.

That means that each character has multiple unique intro dialogues for every character, including mirror matches.

trufenix

bye felicia
bump, I guess. KK8 is on the books. As are a bunch more from this week's random vids. Kano's deadbeat dad comment is officially my new favorite.

On my Youtubechannel i've got now 65 Introductions/Dialogue. When the game comes out, i want to have all the possible introductions on my Youtubechannel! Great Challenge, hahahahaha.

Did anyone understand any introduction/dialougue at the last Amazonstream?? I didn't, the Amazonguys always scream during the into.

The only one is can understand was that one wit Cassie and Jacqui, but that one was Great!!!

Cassie Cage:"Don't speak to me ever"
Jacqui Briggs:" I just said your dad's kinda hot"
Cassie Cage:"STOP ITTTT!!!!

trufenix

bye felicia
Okay guys, I just put up the Final Kountdown dialogues and I'm officially retiring. There's still a billion more to be found and I'm sure the FAQ writers will do a way better job of filling it out than I would. Shoutouts to everybody who helped or got hype.