What's new

Question Changes in V1.04 Raven?

Owerbart

I miss you
So apparently some things were touched in the latest Scorpion's patch. Did any of you guys found any tweak in Raven?

Sami

Noob
Frame data for multi-hit moves is fixed. Changed/updated frame data (compared to TYM wiki page)

3 is +55 on hit (was +54)
3 is 0 on block (was -16, guessing bugged)
b3 now +59 on hit (was +80)
f1 now +14 on hit (was +19)
f2 now +14 on hit (was +7, guessing bugged)
f2 now -1 on block (was -8, guessing bugged)
f3 now +62 on hit (was +77)
d1 now +12 on hit (was +11)
d2 now +61 on hit (was +75)
d3 now +21 on hit (was +35). Damage still incorrectly shows as 5% in Move List.

11f2 now +24 on hit (was +38)
11b2 now +47 on hit (was +52)
113 now +38 on hit (was +52)
f13 now +32 on hit (was +46)
b123 now +36 on hit (was +50)
22 now +49 on hit (was +64)
223 now +62 on hit (was +72)
b23 now +46 on hit (was +60)
f222 now +30 on hit (was +43)
f2233 now -4 on hit (was -2)
f2233 now -2 on block (was -15) <-- this is huge if accurate
f22u1 now +44 on hit (was +58) <-- this could potentially completely fuck Raven up

df1 now +14 on hit (was -1)
df1 now +1 on block (-14)
demon stance df1u now listed!

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Are these all nerfs? Less hit means less hit advantage right? Which is bad o.o

Sami

Noob
Might not actually be a nerf and is instead corrections. Most if not all of the changed normals juggle the opponent, so it could now be displaying the values properly.

Also, the wiki might be loaded with shit values ;)

Urichinan

@Urichinan
I tested all her BnB's and some of her more advanced combos and nothing has changed as far as that goes. So she's safe in that department.

Owerbart

I miss you
To be fair I think Raven's 2233 was always safe on block and they just corrected it now.

The buffs to the projectiles is goddamn huge if real.

Sprint

Noob
Fixed errors:
- Hit advantage for knockdown attacks was calculated incorrectly. I believe it previously calculated it up until the point the player could move again after a knockdown, but did not take into account that the standing up animation can be cancelled into an attack.
- Hit advantage for multi-hit moves incorrectly used the advantage for the first hit.
- d1 has always been +12 on hit, but the data listed it as +11.

Unfixed errors:
- Startup and frame advantage for projectile attacks are incorrect by 1 frame. Add 1 to each value.
- j.1 block advantage is incorrect.
- Soul Crush, Singularity and Event Horizon hit advantage are incorrect.

New errors:
- f1 is still +19 on hit. It is now incorrectly listed as +14.
- df1 is actually [0/-13]. Listed data changed from [-1/-14] to [+14/+1], making it even more wrong than it used to be.

Sami

Noob
Fixed errors:
- Hit advantage for knockdown attacks was calculated incorrectly. I believe it previously calculated it up until the point the player could move again after a knockdown, but did not take into account that the standing up animation can be cancelled into an attack.
Good thing is, we now know the stand-up times for most of Raven's moves :)

- df1 is actually [0/-13]. Listed data changed from [-1/-14] to [+14/+1], making it even more wrong than it used to be.
lmao

Vogue

Noob
1.05 patch notes are released.

No changes for Raven but they mentioned universal buffs to d2s. If this is the case for Raven as well this is a HUGE buff.

Sami

Noob
I'm curious as to how Raven's d2 will be buffed. She's tied 8th with 7 other characters in terms of start-up (10 frames), but the hitbox on it is fucking terrible. Poor range, poor priority, doesn't even hit crouching opponents even though it's a mid (yes I know not every mid hits crouching people), can't handle anything even remotely above her head, etc.

More critically, I'm worried about how a universal d2 buff will affect Raven's cross-up game (especially on cross-up). If d2s get full invincibility on wake-up I will not be impressed :'(.

Vogue

Noob
These are my guesses based on the way every other 2d game works. You'll still be able to cross up on knock down and at the right angle in neutral depending on the matchup and your opponents reaction time.

Her d2 is probably going to wiff on crouchers still (it does now) but I don't see that as being terrible. The arch of her move seems like it will stop people jumping in from the 1-2 o'clock position above her head. This will be good since when people jump close singularity would not come out fast enough to stop the jump in. 12 o'clock may still get hit by singularity since it takes longer for the opponents jump to get to that angle. People with crazy cross ups will still be a problem on knock down and in close for example doomsday non-stop jumping splash.

Sprint

Noob
If they give Raven's d2 a proper hitbox instead of her falling over whenever somebody clips her nail with their arse then I can see the universal buff benefitting her more than most. Raven's close pressure is waaaaay less scary than other characters, so having a better way to deal with jump-ins is more important than her need to jump at people.

Vogue

Noob
Just got out of training mode( prolly wont get match experience till the weekend) and I'm like the new D2 ! It's actually beating batman j2 at as high as midway between 12-1 on the clock and as low about 2 on the clock. D2 has a pretty good chance to auto correct if the crossover is done too high over the head. You can combo into whatever you like, another d2 into special or straight into special or probably f2 strings if you have great timing. Seems kind of hard to anti - air k3 at certain ranges though. Will do more testing when I can.

Owerbart

I miss you
It looks like a nice buff. In fact AAs was one of Raven's weaknesses.

On other news, I'm a little bit scared of Flash now.