What's new

Change of Heart ( Post Issue 3)

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
so they should have taken judjement in their hands. I just don't think that killing a murderer is a murder :) that's why I liked main character in Law Abiding Citizen and was all like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" when he died in the end.

Red Hood is a hero I like if I'm right at thinking that he simply kills bad guys.

You don't but they do and so may the people in their Universe. There are rules, laws, and morals that they follow.

Agreed. If the Joker believes what he says is the truth then the Lasso can't get anything useful. Joker's mind is so bent he can rewrite what he things is true accidently. He's not well and is why he's so hard to deal with...the guy doesn't produce MO to trace most times because his personal tells and habits keep resetting. Even the events he knows keep getting rewritten in his own head. Its sort of a thing in Batman's psych files on the guy.
If Joker, on the fly, can CHOOSE to alter his thoughts so he truly believes it how "not well" can he be?

Edit: So you mean to tell me that either A: Anyone that has steeled their mind enough can easily defeat a tool of the Gods or B: The Joker is literally the only person that this applies to. If it's B then DC/writers are fanboying Joker.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Man i just read issue 3 of injustice and omg, this totally made me question which side i take once this game drops i was leaning towards batman, but after seeing what made superman the way he is now, im more understanding to why he took matters into his own hands, makes me learn towards his cause...im so confused on who to choose now :( anyone else in this position?

View attachment 3570View attachment 3571
I am still on Batman's side regardless. BUT i am more and more hyped for this games story after reading the first 3 comics finally

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
If Joker, on the fly, can CHOOSE to alter his thoughts so he truly believes it how "not well" can he be?

Edit: So you mean to tell me that either A: Anyone that has steeled their mind enough can easily defeat a tool of the Gods or B: The Joker is literally the only person that this applies to. If it's B then DC/writers are fanboying Joker.
Doesn't choose to. Its just if an idea passes through then shit gets mixed up and he can believe it according to a few of the 90's comics. If I had to choose anything I'd say B is my answer to your question. DC writers fanboy him hard, but yeah any passing thought just sort runs loose on his thought patterns and turns him into a crapshoot to predict. Guy is completely and utterly screwed up.

Reedoms

Noob
It's both. Joker has gone against the Spectre TWICE and came out not being smited for all the shit he did all because Column B dictates that Joker must never be allowed to be killed. He's a huge cashcow and they can't afford to replace him. That's why in elseworlds he always ends up dying or something. Because those worlds don't matter to canon and they can tell a story start to finish with him.

trufenix

bye felicia
You don't but they do and so may the people in their Universe. There are rules, laws, and morals that they follow.

Joker is totally psychotic. Which means his reality actually changes, maybe based on trauma or time lapse or even mood, so that he may actually no longer believe what he actually did. This is what The Killing Joke was all about. If the lasso of truth merely forces the victim to speak what they believe is true and Joker's brain has decided he took Lois out for a delicious steak dinner, then that's that.

Unfortunately, most Joker stories only focus on him being an immoral hyper-intelligent douche, and only use Batman as a reflection of how insane he is because its way easier to write.

And yes, it is fanboyed all to hell, but that's Gotham City. The city literally bends over backwards to facilitate the same stories, again and again and again and I personally think they need to just fucking kill Batman, so a character who's full depth hasn't been explored can get to work. Maybe if the Spider-boot works for Marvel they'll consider it.