What's new

Change How KL Points Are Done or Move Rewards to Single Player?

Change How KL Points Are Done or Move Rewards to Single Player?

• Change How KL Points Are Done

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Move Rewards to Single Player

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters

Gaxkang

Banned
Kombat League needs some...fixing, I think many folks would agree.

The way the points work...higher ranks losing huge points if they lose to low rank etc while gaining little points from wins against lower ranks...one will typically hear of people grinding for quite long periods in a KL void in attempting to get to a certain rank, losing points in big swings and crawling back slowly. Which is whack.

Another thing is you got content, sometimes cool content for sure, locked behind something that forces people to play the online or will be content some folks will never get to collect or enjoy.

In my opinion neither the gameplay or online is good enough to force people to play an online mode to get content that as I see it people have paid for. If it was me I would move all rewards to some sort of new tower of time that would last a month. Ranked mode would just give out time crystals and special banners like "I grinded and all I got was this banner" or something heh.
Just changing the points system still wouldn't change some content being locked out to people...while moving rewards to SP would open it for everyone.

But which would you prefer...change how the points are done, or move the rewards to single player?

Agilaz

It has begun
Change the point system, leave the rewards as they are.

There is something fundamentally broken about a system when you're being punished for engaging with the mechanic on time, and rewarded for joining late.

Not to mention that there absolutely nothing being done about cheaters and people playing on hideys (cause they're LIL BITCHES).

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Not to mention that there absolutely nothing being done about cheaters and people playing on hideys (cause they're LIL BITCHES).
Thats also something i dont understand, there are ppl clearly cheating for months, having recieved hundreds if not thousands of complaints and they still are not banned. Makes no sense.

I also dont like how the point system works cause the way it is it encourages ppl to start late cause thats the most easy route.

Agilaz

It has begun
Thats also something i dont understand, there are ppl clearly cheating for months, having recieved hundreds if not thousands of complaints and they still are not banned. Makes no sense.

I also dont like how the point system works cause the way it is it encourages ppl to start late cause thats the most easy route.
Yeah, it's dumb. On numerous occasions I tweeted at Tyler and Derek with screenshots of people who were clearly cheating. I wasn't expecting them to fix it or anything, but the sheer lack of acknowledgement of the issue is baffling. This one specific guy, temp-201182, has been doing this shit since Season 1, on PSN of all platforms. Literally nothing is being done about it.

I just grind early in the league because I get good matches.

I took a break from MK11 for a month and could only play the last 6 days of KL season 4 and made it to demi god in 2 days where I would need like 18 days early in the season.

Should just give players a hidden ranking based on their online results and reward them points based on that.
Could also solve that shit by giving people who win games in a row more ranking points similar to how the profile experience works, so good players fuck off to the ranking where they belong faster and leave us scrubs among ourselves in the lower rankings.

Gaxkang

Banned
Could also solve that shit by giving people who win games in a row more ranking points similar to how the profile experience works, so good players fuck off to the ranking where they belong faster and leave us scrubs among ourselves in the lower rankings.
When the game first came out I thought win streaks gave a point bonus but when I realized it was just profile XP (which is useless outside of someone totally playing the game for new) I was like dang... :confused:

Pazuzu

Noob
They started to give away the KL rewards : the Jade brutality "Getting Ahead" from KL is currently obtainable on the team towers.

Agilaz

It has begun
I was damn sure he was actually good. Played him twice or thrice. Lost them all by an inch. What cheat did he pull off that caught your attention?
The guy is complete garbage. I have beaten him every single time I have run into him, but when he's already lost a set he will disconnect in the last round in a way that it just won't count the match.

He's not pulling his cable, he's doing something else and I can't figure out what, but the match always ends up listed as DNF with no points being awarded to me or being taken away from him.

y0da

Noob
@Agilaz:
I often quit the match early 'cause I don't want to watch the fatality or any other annoying stuff but the points usually adjust over time. Also the w/l ratio. At least for me.

So if I see a brutality I'm actually glad, lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
If they’re serious about a ranked system, they need to separate the rewards/progression from the rank and let people keep their general rank from season to season. Or at least have placement matches.

Starting everybody at 0 every month ruins any competitive ranked system out there. People are constantly playing against others who are nowhere near their real rank.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
If they’re serious about a ranked system, they need to separate the rewards/progression from the rank and let people keep their general rank from season to season. Or at least have placement matches.

Starting everybody at 0 every month ruins any competitive ranked system out there. People are constantly playing against others who are nowhere near their real rank.
That's one of the reasons I've stopped playing KL. It's actually pretty demotivating to start from the scratch over and over again.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
As long as you win you will keep leveling up, it's really that simple

If you lose to somebody lower rank than you then you should definitely lose more points, makes perfect. Same way if you lose to someone higher ranked than you then you shouldn't lose many points

You can get Master extremely easy, just by going even trading wins for losses. It doesn't even start to get hard to rank up until you're Demi God, and by that point you already unlocked all costumes