What's new

Question - Kung Lao Chain fist

Is there an easy way to do chain fist? That combo alone has made me not want to play the character since I get it so rarely

Tweedy

Noob
1 and then slide 12 twice.

Don't listen when people say to do 12 and slide 212. 1 and then sliding 12 twice is easier, because the trick is getting out 212 before the 11 animation ends.

Trust.

1 and then slide 12 twice.

Don't listen when people say to do 12 and slide 212. 1 and then sliding 12 twice is easier, because the trick is getting out 212 before the 11 animation ends.

Trust.
Will give this a try side note I hear you all the time on pigs streams you're the one who impersonates armed calf right?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
also, lol at tweedy saying "don't trust ppl that says plink 212" when the 212 part of that string its a plink itself lmao.

there is no secret to that, is just depends on how fast you can plink 212 after you input 11

do 1 (1212) and do 11(212) still going to be translated the same for the game code, which is 212 being a plink under 2 frames window after 11 in order for the string to come out, adding buttons or mashing, as long as these inputs are registered in that sequence the string will come out.

Mortal Kombat 101 - lesson number 5 UMK3 - Dial strings, Brutalities...
"Dial System strings will work as long as the required buttons are imputed in the sequence under a time frame requirement, anything else inside that doesn't take part will get ignored."

Tweedy

Noob
The point of the string is to get out the 212 before the 11 animation ends.

It's much easier to slide 12 twice, after the first 1, than to slide 212 after 11, because you have more time.

Sorry if you've been doing it the other way and got offended by my post lol. Don't take it to heart.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The point of the string is to get out the 212 before the 11 animation ends.

It's much easier to slide 12 twice, after the first 1, than to slide 212 after 11, because you have more time.

Sorry if you've been doing it the other way and got offended by my post lol. Don't take it to heart.
I'm not offended lol.

As i said before, it doesn't matter if you do 1 and plink 1212 or 11 and plink 212, the game code will recodnize the same, its just preference.

Besides i work with a arcade stick, is much easier to do piano inputs there, and this is string is one for sure.
same as Akira's 1f knee, Chun Li's lightning legs before SF5, tekken plinking commands and stuff, this is just new to the MK world.
Chun hyakuretsu kyaku used to be 5 piano inputs on a very short window lol, sf5 just made things easier to everyone.