What's new

CEO This Weekend - Injustice/MK9 Player Preview & Tournament Schedule, Pools Listed

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This weekend... get hype 'cause it's the last Road to Evolution event before the Superbowl of the FGC. With Evolution just around the corner, CEO is here to test how good you really are. Alex JeBailey is presenting Community Effort Orlando at the Wyndham Resort in Orlando, Florida this entire weekend starting tomorrow. With players coming in from all over, including New York, Chicago, Georgia and many other states, CEO promises to deliver a punch and then some. You can view our full player preview, exhibition schedules and tournament schedules below!

---------------------------------------

ppre.png
---------------------------------------

grosspic1.jpg
Gross - The infamous Mortal Kombat 9 Sektor and Smoke player from the Video X Games will be attending CEO this weekend. It is uncertain what all characters he uses in Injustice, but we can say this... his timing in impeccable. He is also known to take full-advantage of any flaws in the game and use to his benefit including 100% resets. He made himself known by beating the world champ, but now, can he stay on top or has he lost his game?

pl.jpg
FNATIC|Perfect Legend - A champ with everything to gain and nothing to lose. Perfect Legend will be attending CEO where many of his rivals will be coming for him including CD Jr, REO and if anyone's been following him on twitter, Rico Suave. Perfect Legend is heading to CEO to make a statement; he's not afraid, and you can't intimidate him. He listened to players talk trash for many months only to shut them up by winning Evolution 2012. Will his competition finally do what they say or will Carl do what he does best?

rico1.png
Rico Suave - Many know of Rico Suave from the New York area, but moreso from the Next Level arcade. Excercizing his Black Adam against the area's best competition including CD Jr, Chris G and many others... Rico will be coming for blood at CEO and Perfect Legend's first on the list.

cdjrpic.jpg
EMP|CD Jr - He is one of the most anticipated competitors along with REO and Perfect Legend... with a stone-cold agenda. Getting in to the head of CD Jr isn't the easiest thing to do because he's better at getting inside of yours. He mains Superman but also plays several others including Black Adam and now, Scorpion. You better believe that his sole mission will be to take out Perfect Legend.

reo1.jpg
EMP|REO - A tournament veteran from the East Coast... REO's is known to pull the rabbit out of his hat. While you might think he only knows a few characters... in tournament, he's been known to surprise an audience. Will we see one of the hypest matches there is at CEO... REO vs Perfect Legend?

16bit.jpg
GGA|16 Bit - Coming from the Chicago, Illinois area, GGA's 16 Bit is not only an Evolution 2011 top 8 finalist, he is also one of the better known tournament players. Rumor has it that he will be going all Killer Frost at CEO. One of the last times Perfect Legend faced 16 Bit's Killer Frost... it was very one-sided at UFGT. Will players be ready for 16 Bit's Killer Frost?

pig1.png
AK|Pig of the Hut - Possessing the power of fear, Pig of the Hut is also confirmed for CEO. He is not very easily intimidated... it actually gives him focus. He is one of the most respected tournament players due to his incredible reaction time and the ability to read his opponent.

Injustice Exhibitions are scheduled for Friday night and Saturday Night:

FRIDAY NIGHT|FIGHTERMANIA -
FighterMania
June 28 at 8:30PM EDT
Hosted by Mike Ross & Jebailey
Commentary by UltraChen (UltraDavid, James Chen) and VxG.EMP|IFC YipeS
Watch live at www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

• Injustice: Gods Among Us Rumble
8-player Single-elimination Rumble
VxG.EMP|Tom Brady
VxG.EMP|REO
AGE|NYChrisG
RG.EMP|CDjr
TFA.RZR|Pig of the Hut
Fnatic|Perfect Legend
MarshallLawKOF
Rico Suave

full list of exhibitions, go here.

SATURDAY NIGHT 3V3 - STARTING AT 8PM EST (players must sign up Saturday: no multiple character teams) More details here.

FULL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE:

ceoschedule.jpg

INJUSTICE/MK9 Pools:
INJUSTICE:

Pool 1

OFC Free Willy
Gaskin SE Vantinel
MultipleManArmy
SSHQ GDX
Mejia Ayojon
DJbronzeleague
EMPR SomeCubaGuy
Jared BannerNorth
MaximusPrime
Osama Bill Crosby

Pool 2

Kelleyet
NGF Diezel
CCG Chi-Rithy
Beverage55
Cynamatik
Marcus
Eshi
FATSAKS
NEO Flawedzilla 88 RobbyRob
TNS EvolutionofEvan

POOL 3

Dr. Fraud
MTLSF Snafoo
RaglandRags
AliMischief
Dark Obliske
DCThe Projects
Dudeman Jones
JUL Ultra Maddnezz
Tom Brady
Tony The Tiger
Zack Allen

POOL 4

CGM Naniwa
Barabbas
Perfect Legend
XulSarasota
IFD Atrocity
Action Hamster
AK Glass Sword
Feo Grande
Fmh Clay
GGA Wafflez
Reno_Racks
RG JRosa
163rd

POOL 5

NopeAlabama
KillaCaam801
STLBW Gasstationhobo
AK Harold Area
AyaLake Mary
EMP DarthArma
KH Gamerblake 88
Kitana_Prime
PUNISH
ReignFall
ZeAceIndian Harbour Beach

POOL 6
ForteGeorgia
Ferny
TEK FoxFace
EMP VXG 8WR KDZ YKK
Casanova
BommaritoDeg
Rudolphichineji
NG SL DYoshii
OBS EMP EMPR Gross
SE SeanEXEOrlando
Sjinzero

POOL 7
EG PR Balrog
801_GustavoUtah
jDozaMiami
Private J0k3r
Ak | C88 Cyusstrike
Cobra Commander
GGA 16 bit
Ipukasuyt
Master VHD
RedSnowAssassin
Riyo

POOL 8

Floridian Demon
iPeru
Lucius
ONealskey
Shin Oni
Sephiroth9015
Forrest Crooner
GOL GuyInGreen
Legion47
Not a Fiend
Pig of the Hut

POOL 9
CEO Jebailey
AGE NYChrisG
ESA MarshallLawKOF
MCZ Richard Nguyen
Dart0Eight
DARKazen
Big James
EMP Noobe
General Skirmish
JacopeX
NaCL halfcaloria
RockSteady

POOL 10
Joe Shyne
RTD
Lukenessmonster
LU Alex Valle
BassVII
Nandezzzzzzz
MH Flux
EctoJay
IceColdEdge
LTH/OBS Big D
X_Factor

POOL 11
EG Floe
Ranmasama
WrongonRed
Tm MadNick
CPFT SirToons
WuTranClan
AK/OBS Trepound
C88 OBS Mezmerize
CDJr
Mystic
ShadowLink1134

POOL 12
RDK GodSpeed
AK elitegoomba
Lex Costa
snadmonkey
AceSmith5
Timez
h3n0g00d
KingRey
REC Hayabusa
REO
UVGM MasterBoris

POOL 13
Zee Rinkato
J. Caesar II
Meat Tower
Trey
Kamano
Darkhandguy
TjMystic
Mr. Fox
AK Walker
OH_B3AST
PwndaAssassin

POOL 14
MorphToxic
UVG Noel Brown
JChensor
Amazian
DTB ASTC Trixie
TNS Los
aer0blue
GrimTG
Jhaa
Johsua Saltzer
Saltface

POOL 15
AceKombat
ESA _Q
Chewie
DMCMaster
Kyle Rayner
McPeanuts
NACL ThatOneJustin
Quantus
Rip
Sike
VSC SirHonor

POOL 16
RZR TFA Omgitzandre
TFA German Luger
Waywardlogik
Admiral Funk
Circus
Node
VSC Sir Hope

MORTAL KOMBAT 9

POOL 1

AGE NYChrisG
Pokchop
Waywardlogik
Perfect LegendOhio
Vash_15Davie
TNS EvolutionofEvan
BoazBradenton
EMP Noobe
GGA 16 bit
GGA Wafflez
JhaaKansas
Kitana_Prime
Pig of the Hut
ShadowLink1134

POOL 2
RDK GodSpeed
AK Glass Sword
CDJr
PenaChaos
EMPR SomeCubaGuy
acopeX
KH Gamerblake 88
KingRey
LTH/OBS Big Di
OBS EMP EMPR Gross
Quantus
Reno_Racks
RobbyRob

Who's gonna take it?!

Credit: Cat

Attachments

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So happy that MK is getting streamed tomorrow. Will give me a way to kill time while I'm at work.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I really want to see what PL can do in Injustice with Scorpion. Big fan of his MK play.

Scorpion plays similarly to how Kung Lao did in MK and PL had the better KL so you better watch out

The only similarity between kl and scorpion is how a jump can be a mixup, kung lao's mixup however isnt half as safe as scorpion and his game doesnt revolve around it like scorpion does. I do agree that scorpion might fit PL more than KL does since PL ignores half of kung laos tools and cant let go of the teleport and low hat advantage.

The only similarity between kl and scorpion is how a jump can be a mixup, kung lao's mixup however isnt half as safe as scorpion and his game doesnt revolve around it like scorpion does. I do agree that scorpion might fit PL more than KL does since PL ignores half of kung laos tools and cant let go of the teleport and low hat advantage.
I was just talking about how it lets him jump around kicking and teleporting all day while still allowing him to win haha. He's obviously not just like Kung Lao but his playstyle in PL's hands is similar

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Ok i ask this all the time.. can someone tell me what time inj and MK start tomorow/sat? cos i always get friggin confused...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Schedule's highly convenient. Plenty of time to ready myself for when I arrive tomorrow morning.

*clenches fists*

Let's go...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Just out of curiosity, what were MK9's numbers at CEO last year? This is abysmal if you ask me.

Uotan

Unban Joker
I thought Rico wasn't able to make it out this weekend? I sure as hell wish he could after them twitter popoffs.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Could any of you, glentlemen, post a link where I can see some matches of Ranmasama playing Injustice?
When he fought GGA Fill Pops at ufgt he did not know shazam was in the game, and when he clashed he asked a random guy next to him (in a joking fashion) how many bars he should spend because he didn't know how it works.

He is really awesome though I love talking to him at majors lol

This is an awesome post! I dig all the info, the player preview, listing the pools, etc. Why not, eh? The more info the better. It'd be cool if future events followed suit and gave a little more info than date, time, place, and "it is going to be hype!"

Nice work!