What's new

CEO Predictions: Injustice: GAU Top 8

Who will win the Injustice: GAU tournament at CEO this weekend?

• 16 Bit

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • CD Jr.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Chris G.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Godspeed

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Perfect Legend

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Pig Of The Hut

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • REO

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

M2Dave

Zoning Master
1. MB Teleport

2. Perfect Legend (Batman, Black Adam, Scorpion) - Perfect Legend has improved immensely since UFGT. Contrary to popular belief, some of his alternative characters have become as good as his Scorpion.

3. Tom Brady (Aquaman) - the best Aquaman player in the world. I expect Tom to place top 3 at the least.

4. CD Jr. (Scorpion, Superman) - CD Jr's tweets that he will use Scorpion to prove a point. Superman and Scorpion is a devastating and scary combination.

5. Godspeed (Black Adam) - the innovator of Rooftop Black Adam. Can Godspeed dive kick his way to the top 8 while tossing unblockable robots one last time before the patch on Tuesday? I certainly think so, but unfortunately he is in REO's pool.

5. 16 Bit (Killer Frost) - the best Killer Frost I ever fought. Lots of players will not be ready to fight the "50/50 Mix Up Master". He may place even higher if he can control his tournament nerves.

7. Pig Of The Hut (Sinestro) - the question is, can Pig overcome the abundance of bad match ups? I would like to believe so, but he has a very difficult road ahead of him.

7. Chris G. (Green Arrow) - Green Arrow is not one of the better characters in the game, but he is in Chris G's hands. I expect a top 8 finish, but does he know anything about the Scorpion match up?

Honorable mention: Big D (Scorpion) - anybody who uses Scorpion has a very good chance of making top 8, especially a solid player like Big D.

The Scorpion Factor: As you already from the podcast, I do not believe that this version of Scorpion ought to be tournament legal. Scorpion is overpowered. His ability to manipulate interactables in certain stages is unrivaled and hence the recently coined phrase "You do not touch Scorpion's interactables". I predict that Scorpion will cause many upsets and high levels of sodium for many competitors.

Vote for the winner and post your top 8!

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
So glad I didn't spend money going to this event. I hope CDjr takes it with Scorpion but I think theres a difference between someone using him to prove a point and picking him up now compared to someone like PL who has been grinding him for his free paycheck at EVO since release.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So glad I didn't spend money going to this event. I hope CDjr takes it with Scorpion but I think theres a difference between someone using him to prove a point and picking him up now compared to someone like PL who has been grinding him for his free paycheck at EVO since release.
To be fair, Perfect Legend's alternative characters are very good. I believe his Batman is almost as good as REO's.

I hope Scorpion does not ruin this tournament. I want to see good match ups, not boring ass Scorpion mirrors.

coolwhip

Noob

Dude, give it a rest.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
To be fair, Perfect Legend's alternative characters are very good. I believe his Batman is almost as good as REO's.

I hope Scorpion does not ruin this tournament. I want to see good match ups, not boring ass Scorpion mirrors.
I just don't see any real point in him not using Scorpion though. Unless he want's to hide it for EVO.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I have a good feeling about Brady on this one, I think he has been working really hard since UFGT, I expect him to be all buisness and be back in top form.

Money is on Reo as well, just because I'm a lame ass fan boy, and he is super good.

I want PL to get mopped up, not because I don't like him or anything, just because of his comments calling us all lazy, that was fuckin lame.

I think people will be too caught up in this scorpion crying bullshit and one won't break top 4 or will get to GF and lose to Aquaman or something.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I got 16Bit winning CEO.
Watching his KF take out a good Supes at MWC in like 30 seconds and beating Pig 3-1 kinda sealed the deal. You don't get full appreciation of it until you watch it live. Even tho all 8 have a great chance, I think it'll go to the best KF in the game.

I would love to see some no name take it with a character that no one thinks is any good ie Harley, Shazam, Lex, or Flash... Probably won't happen but it would make people stop shitting on injustice so much if a garbage tier won a major.

I voted Perfect Legend, from what i' ve seen he's one of the best Scorpion players if not the best, 2nd place 16 bit or Tom Bready they are both excellent players with excellent character that can fight Scorpions, I don't see REO beeing to enthusiastic and training hard for this game like he did for MK9 but he's just too good not to go in top8, Godspeed Black Adam is godlike I think he'll get the 4th place. Pig of the Hut and Chris G are really skilled but they'll have to fight lot of bad matchups, I hope they manage to get in top 8 because they really really really deserve it.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
PL will only be able to place with the Scorpion factor. Pig will get knocked out only because of the Scorpion factor. Hopefully REO and CDJr give PL a taste of his own medicine too.

Preferably want Brady or Chris G to win, let's just hope that all the Scorpions run into Aquaman and WW players..... O wait....

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate

His doomsday too. At the Michigan tournament a Flash player (Corn-LevvelKeys) beat his scorpion and he then switched to doomsday to take 2 more games convincingly. He will probably go Scorpion 1st, then batman or doomsday, possibly BA