What's new

Tech CEO Bane representation/Bane tech

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
You can always do MB b.3, if you mini-stall it it'll beat out her backdash, jump, and all of her wake-ups but it costs a meter and can be blocked.
i need to fight an actual competent KF, i only seem to fight morons who are free to armour lol.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
It's viable against idiots but it's not really that great when people know it's jumpable and you have to guess just as much as they do or you get punished by neutral jump.
neutral jumps do not punish a whiffed back to back command grab.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
neutral jumps do not punish a whiffed back to back command grab.
KF can j.3 and knockdown then you lose momentum.

This isn't a viable tactic against KF. You'll maybe get it off 1 or 2x on people that don't catch on. And if they mistime the j.3, they get out free anyway.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
KF can j.3 and knockdown then you lose momentum.

This isn't a viable tactic against KF. You'll maybe get it off 1 or 2x on people that don't catch on. And if they mistime the j.3, they get out free anyway.
i have been doing this on every character i fight regularly, characters with wakeups that actually beat venom'd grab, and i am yet to be punished by a neutral jump normal once.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
i have been doing this on every character i fight regularly, characters with wakeups that actually beat venom'd grab, and i am yet to be punished by a neutral jump normal once.
I do the same thing myself but when people do pick up that it's jumpable it's either punished or I just block.

But that doesn't make the tactic any more or less viable, I'm just saying that this thing in particular isn't a de facto in the KF match up because she can whiff punish Bane or just escape with a jump on top of you guessing what she's gonna do next. If you can guess the right thing then that's great. Everyone's guessing and making bets.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
I do the same thing myself but when people do pick up that it's jumpable it's either punished or I just block.
if you read the jump you can string or DP, it'll beat the jump clean and then they're instantly made to think about it on every knockdown, which in turn should give you more command grabs if they then stop jumping.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Command grab and Mini-stall MB B.3 are really all that's needed to keep pretty much every character in the game on the ground barring like shazam.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Sorry everyone. I just got eliminated by a cyborg and aquaman. I'm pretty upset with myself especially since my controller froze mid match for a bit. I guess thats what I get for not cbecking my stuff before a major tourney :-(

D_Matt_Ma

Finished at 1. So mad. I'm going to get some food with roomies to co off

D_Matt_Ma

30 min from strip. Don't look for me. I'm so mad... gonna eat and gamble