What's new

Tech CEO Bane representation/Bane tech

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
well done to all of you who represented everyone's favourite Venom junkie in Orlando this weekend, already hearing alot of good things about what people showcased with Bane this weekend, and it's brilliant to hear that this character is getting exposure where people will see it.

also, i need to ask about this Bane tech Big D was talking about against Killer Frost on stream, i heard Pig trying to explain it but the stream audio kept cutting out for me and i missed it, anyone wanna fill it in?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
From what I heard, it was the same stuff we already know and have been doing.
As usual, the rest of the community is behind. :(
regardless, if BigD was the first to use it in a tournament that's all that matters.

results are worth more than words. :p

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Unfortunately I did not get to use Bane against a Killer Frost in tournament, but I did play GGA 16 Bit in casuals. Bane seems to be much more effective against KF than my other characters. Still got bodied for the most part though lol.

And I was just trying to be hype for he stream. For all I know, you all have known about this tech for quite some time.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Unfortunately I did not get to use Bane against a Killer Frost in tournament, but I did play GGA 16 Bit in casuals. Bane seems to be much more effective against KF than my other characters. Still got bodied for the most part though lol.

And I was just trying to be hype for he stream. For all I know, you all have known about this tech for quite some time.
It's not your fault. Bane players are naturally smarter than everyone else and know all our tech since week 1. :p

I didn't even know you played Bane until recently! Good stuff.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter

16 bit was giving your Bane mad props on stream during his commentary, good shit. :)

what was the tech?

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink

I loved your commentary. THIS IS BIG! Btw you look like david hasselhof. I think its the combo sunglasses + hairstyle, i dunno, but you do look abit like him :D

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
16 bit was giving your Bane mad props on stream during his commentary, good shit. :)

what was the tech?
LMAO I forgot to explain it. Ok, so basically this is how it works.

Bane's death loop on KF:
The idea is to knock her down as soon as possible without starting your venom usage; if you have to use lvl 1 its not a big deal. As we all know, KF's only real wakeup is her slide, which is only one hit. So its very simple, if you time the command grab right, there is virtually NOTHING she can do. So you can literally keep it going all the way until lvl 3 venom is up or she is dead (whichever comes first). The only thing that can happen is that she can backdash out if you time it wrong. Either way, if you think she will try to back dash, Bane's bf2 will catch her.

I can imagine you all knew about this, but when I was doing this, everyone around me seemed really surprised lol

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
LMAO I forgot to explain it. Ok, so basically this is how it works.

Bane's death loop on KF:
The idea is to knock her down as soon as possible without starting your venom usage; if you have to use lvl 1 its not a big deal. As we all know, KF's only real wakeup is her slide, which is only one hit. So its very simple, if you time the command grab right, there is virtually NOTHING she can do. So you can literally keep it going all the way until lvl 3 venom is up or she is dead (whichever comes first). The only thing that can happen is that she can backdash out if you time it wrong. Either way, if you think she will try to back dash, Bane's bf2 will catch her.

I can imagine you all knew about this, but when I was doing this, everyone around me seemed really surprised lol
ahhhhhh right, yeah that works wonders on characters like GL, KF, Batman etc who only have single hitting wakeups, after a command grab the only thing they can do to avoid another grab back to back is jump, and if you think they're going to jump you can do 123 or DP to beat it, not new persay, but super useful!

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Lol, omg that is seriously day ONE tech. Not taking anything away from you at all tho, man. If people were saying Bane was ass tier without even knowing about simple shit like this, then they literally know nothing of strength. Good job repping.

That's not true about Batman getting caught in the death loop, if he thinks you're going to throw him he can wake-up Batarangs which is throw immune. You stink, Batman.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
That's not true about Batman getting caught in the death loop, if he thinks you're going to throw him he can wake-up Batarangs which is throw immune. You stink, Batman.
Projectiles being throw immune.

where is the logic in this

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Enjoy your meaty b.23 into 30% and a reset situation.
the death loop is CG back to back, batman gets out of it by using batarangs, if you do b2,3 he can backdash. there is always a way out but it's always done on a read.

Batman escapes the "death loop" but there's nothing stopping you from mixing it up on reads.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
the death loop is CG back to back, batman gets out of it by using batarangs, if you do b2,3 he can backdash. there is always a way out but it's always done on a read.

Batman escapes the "death loop" but there's nothing stopping you from mixing it up on reads.
It's so easy to condition people in this game. You have to respect Bane's high/low game so much that command grabs can become nearly free. And if they try to jump out of it, you can actually get a full combo off of air-to-airs. Going from Zangief to Bane, I feel like a god when I knock someone down.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
It's not a real loop. They have 4 frames to jump out of it if you time it perfectly. It will only punish bad KF's that mash on wake up. Especially specials on wake up.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
It's not a real loop. They have 4 frames to jump out of it if you time it perfectly. It will only punish bad KF's that mash on wake up. Especially specials on wake up.
it IS a loop. jumping is the only option kf has to escape back to back command grabs when you're on venom as her wakeups don't get her out, she can't backdash, and her strings will flat out lose.

then if you read the jump you can DP or do a standing string (i use 123~ring toss) to beat the jump, but DP loses to wakeups and strings lose to backdashing or wakeups.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
it IS a loop. jumping is the only option kf has to escape back to back command grabs when you're on venom as her wakeups don't get her out, she can't backdash, and her strings will flat out lose.

then if you read the jump you can DP or do a standing string (i use 123~ring toss) to beat the jump, but DP loses to wakeups and strings lose to backdashing or wakeups.
You can always do MB b.3, if you mini-stall it it'll beat out her backdash, jump, and all of her wake-ups but it costs a meter and can be blocked.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
It's viable against idiots but it's not really that great when people know it's jumpable and you have to guess just as much as they do or you get punished by neutral jump.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist

If you read a jump on wakeup, I think you should use j.2, 123 xx body press. It should be more damaging, and you'll be safe from a lot of wakeups. You may still get punished if they backdash, though.